The Big Play Won't Take Long

BankerBird™

Based on what the Eagles offense did against the Redskins last season, and versus the Rams last week, it won't take long for Vick to go deep to Deshawn Jackson. In that Monday night game last season versus the Skins, it was their very first play from scrimmage. Last week, I believe it was during their second offensive possession of the game. Jackson is faster than anyone in our secondary. In fact, he's arguably the fastest player in the entire league. Given the anticipated atmosphere at the Dome Sunday night, I expect Andy Reid to run Vick-to-Jackson fairly early in the game.

Agree. I expect he'll let Vick air it out on the very first play on offense to Jackson. He knows we don't have an answer for Jackson on the entire roster.

I'm pretty much already assuming we'll be looking at a 7-0 deficit about 25 seconds into the first quarter, down 24 by half-time. Hopefully the Eagles will basically shut their offense down in the second half to save us a little humiliation.

I don't think it will be an different than a Saints-Falcons game. I think the Saints offense is more consistently explosive. If our team feeds off the atmosphere early and truly come out hungry...

im expecting a similar game also just worried about how we defend the screen

that's what laron landry thought...

http://www.google.co...=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Exactly. Seriously, I think Vick-to-Jackson will be the very first play they run on offense. And even if it doesn't connect, it will still have served its purpose of rattling the Falcons secondary and, ironically, getting the crowd on Vick's side simply by seeing him show off that arm again in the Dome.

Mug Jackson at the line then let the safety handle it. It will throw off his timing with Vick to allow the pass rush to work. Once you remove Vick's simplfied off to the races go route he actually has to think and does horrible passing wise under pressure.

The day I see our corners playing any kind of bump-and-run is the day I'll start pulling for UGA over Tech. :lol: