Falcons Rapid Reports: Sept. 14

theProf

Latest Falcons RapidReports

8 minutes ago - by Knox Bardeen - Eagles speed is tough to simulate

Coach Smith said it was difficult to simulate working against the speedy Eagles offense, but it boiled down to taking the correct angles. “You can simulate your angles by telling them when you think you have the right angle. You need to take it a little bit further.” Falcons RapidReports

10 minutes ago - by Knox Bardeen - DT Peters returns from knee injury

DT Corey Peters (knee) returned to practice Wednesday and was a limited participant. Peters hasn’t been on the field since Aug. 14 when he injured his knee in practice and was carted off. Falcons RapidReports

4 minutes ago - by Knox Bardeen - Babineaux out for Sunday's game

Not participating in Wednesday's practice: DT Jonathan Babineaux (knee), CB Christopher Owens (ankle), WR Harry Douglas (concussion), C Todd McClure (knee) and FB Ovie Mughelli (knee). Babineaux is the only one that has been ruled out for Week 2 at this point. Falcons RapidReports

42 minutes ago - by Kevin Noonan - Falcons DE Abraham on Reid's mind

Coach Andy Reid on Falcons' DE John Abraham: "He's one of the best in the business at what he does, so you're always aware of him." Eagles RapidReports

Sept. 14, 2011 1:42 p.m. - by Knox Bardeen - QB Ryan says Eagles secondary has new scheme

QB Matt Ryan said that the Falcons have seen CB’s Nnamdi Asomugha and Asante Samuel before, but now they are in a new scheme and giving different looks than the Falcons are used to seeing. Ryan gave high praise to the Eagles secondary and said the Falcons have their work cut out for them Sunday. Falcons RapidReports

Sept. 14, 2011 1:34 p.m. - by Knox Bardeen - QB Ryan says Falcons must eliminate mistakes

QB Matt Ryan said that the biggest area of improvement for the offense will be reducing the number of turnovers from Week 1: “We did a number of uncharacteristic things (against Chicago), a lot of mistakes we don’t normally make. We’ve got to improve on the three turnovers last week.” Falcons RapidReports

Sept. 14, 2011 1:08 p.m. - by Knox Bardeen - Eagles offense relies on the big play, says Falcon WR White

WR Roddy White on Philadelphia’s offense: “They do things a little different. They hold the ball waiting on that big explosive play. But they’re a hit-or-miss team, if they don’t hit anything explosive they don’t score any points, if they do, they score. You don’t want to live and die by that in this league.” Falcons RapidReports

Sept. 14, 2011 1:07 p.m. - by Knox Bardeen - WR White looking forward to facing Eagles great secondary

WR Roddy White said he relishes the opportunity of going up against the vaunted Philadelphia secondary: “This is probably the best secondary we’ll face all year. We’re going to be jacked up and you really turn it up when you go against the best in the league.” Falcons RapidReports

Sept. 14, 2011 1:06 p.m. - by Knox Bardeen - Too early to panic after just one game, says TE Gonzalez

TE Tony Gonzalez said fans should back away from the ledge: “One game is not going to make or break your season – especially the first game. We lost the first game of the season last year and it was the same situation with everyone being up in arms. Then we went out and went 13-3.” Falcons RapidReports

Sept. 14, 2011 1:05 p.m. - by Knox Bardeen - Falcons TE Gonzalez stretching defenses

TE Tony Gonzalez on how defenses much react after seeing him catch deep balls against Chicago: “Even if I don’t catch the ball, or get the ball, I ran at least five seam routes last week, which puts them in a predicament that the ball can come over the top. Now you can’t sit down underneath.” Falcons RapidReports

http://www.cbssports...eports/team/ATL

Sept. 14, 2011 1:06 p.m. - by Knox Bardeen - Too early to panic after just one game, says TE Gonzalez

TE Tony Gonzalez said fans should back away from the ledge: “One game is not going to make or break your season – especially the first game. We lost the first game of the season last year and it was the same situation with everyone being up in arms. Then we went out and went 13-3.” Falcons RapidReports

http://www.cbssports...eports/team/ATL

Tony doesn't know what he's talking about! After the Steelers' game, the Falcons went 13-2!!!

:)

4 minutes ago - by Knox Bardeen - Babineaux out for Sunday's game

Not participating in Wednesday's practice: DT Jonathan Babineaux (knee), CB Christopher Owens (ankle), WR Harry Douglas (concussion), C Todd McClure (knee) and FB Ovie Mughelli (knee). Babineaux is the only one that has been ruled out for Week 2 at this point. Falcons RapidReports

Tony doesn't know what he's talking about! After the Steelers' game, the Falcons went 13-2!!!

:)

If I remember correctly, in the last three years, it was seriously close to going to 2nd and 3rd tiebreakers to determine playoff scenerios for the Falcons. So it does matter because Chi is an NFC opponent as is Philly. The way the NFC south is starting out NFC games will matter almost as much as divisional games.

1). To respond to Whites criticism of the Eagles explosive offense, Roddy is officially an idiot, after declaring our offense the next greatest show on turf, and Kroy Bierman outscores your entire offense he should not be talking. Fact is that hit or miss eagle team has hit everytime we've played them and made us look stupid. Tired of Roddy running his mouth and not backing it up. Dude makes excuses and pretends like he doesn't run his mouth (ala the saints game).

2). Tony G saying that teams will need to worry about the deep ball is a joke, This offense ain't scaring anyone and Tony is a weak link to our team. If his deeps routes keep teams from keeping everything underneath why does Mularkey and The Dookie#2 keep saying that the bears kept everything in front of them. Sounds like a contradiction and excuses to me.

We were sold championship dreams so that fools like you and me would buy into this hype and buy season tickets.

R.I.P. RyanINT+1, you were banned for speaking your mind and not being apart of this circlejerk of a message board. high five guys.

Coach Smith said it was difficult to simulate working against the speedy Eagles offense, but it boiled down to taking the correct angles. “You can simulate your angles by telling them when you think you have the right angle. You need to take it a little bit further.” Falcons RapidReports

I honestly think Reid reads these things and incorporates into his gameplan/practice.

1). To respond to Whites criticism of the Eagles explosive offense, Roddy is officially an idiot, after declaring our offense the next greatest show on turf, and Kroy Bierman outscores your entire offense he should not be talking. Fact is that hit or miss eagle team has hit everytime we've played them and made us look stupid. Tired of Roddy running his mouth and not backing it up. Dude makes excuses and pretends like he doesn't run his mouth (ala the saints game).

2). Tony G saying that teams will need to worry about the deep ball is a joke, This offense ain't scaring anyone and Tony is a weak link to our team. If his deeps routes keep teams from keeping everything underneath why does Mularkey and The Dookie#2 keep saying that the bears kept everything in front of them. Sounds like a contradiction and excuses to me.

We were sold championship dreams so that fools like you and me would buy into this hype and buy season tickets.

R.I.P. RyanINT+1, you were banned for speaking your mind and not being apart of this circlejerk of a message board. high five guys.

Or was banned because your an ignorant ******, who doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

Mod...."Pointing at this guy" Take care of this trash

Im sick and tired of trying to find out whose fault it was last week. They all pretty much sucked. The Oline, Ryan, Tackling, broken assignments, whatever...

The score will be 0-0 at home sunday night when we dig our cleats in the rug... Show me sump'm...

it over and we will prevail against the eagles

wow...really??

Technically. yes. That's sad that this is what people try to point out and irritate people.

AFTER the Steeler's game we did go 13-2. INCLUDING the Steeler's game we went 13-3

Just like people were saying we gave up one more pick for Julio than we actually did. Does it matter? No. Not at all.

AFTER the Steeler game was the end of the season and we went 13-3.....ACTUALLY, if you want to be a dink, we went 13-4.

You're right. Every player in the NFL shouldn't be excited about the year. Every team should realize they're not going to win the Superbowl and not say they expect to at least reach the playoffs or have high expectations. Every team should not have the expectation to be good (especially after a 13-3 season). Roddy not backing it up? Look at his last three seasons. I guess that's all about that. You can pick ANY NFL player and pick certain specific games where they did not do well. You can pick ANY NFL player who talked before a game and didn't back it up....individually or as a team.

The Offense isn't scaring anyone? You tell me. If you were a D coordinator looking to play the Falcons this week, how would you feel? Essentially the same team that went 13-3 last year. Has Tony, Julio, Roddy, HD, Snelling, Ryan....yes. Ryan. A team over the last three years that's won 2+ of every 3 games they play. Tony G is a weak link? I'm not even addressing that. It can sound like whatever it wants to you. None of us care. When the Chicago D got up on us, they could drop their D backs back and run like crazy for Matt. That's how football goes. We clearly weren't playing a good game. Chicago clearly was. You can make their explanations of what happened into whatever you want to. You seem like you have a great football mind and are very intelligent, so they probably are contradictions and excuses.

There. I wasted my time and brain cells and responded. I know it might make sense...even kind of, so I apologize.

You're one of the guys on this board that likes to go against the grain just so if by chance we lose or do poorly, you can have your glory in saying "I told you so."

Great. If that's how you want to roll....roll on man.

I won't insult your intelligence or be demeaning to you just because you see something in a very different way than most of us do. Unfortunately, no matter how much subjective information you're faced with, it won't matter. So keep doing what you do.