Ryan-Redman Arm Comparison....someone Answer This For Me...

Guest Gritz

First of all-the disclaimer-I'M NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING AT ALL WITH THIS THREAD:

This question is mainly directed at those of you who have been out to Training Camps of the Falcons the last few years....because I haven't really seen enough of Redman in live, real games to know the answer.

Do Ryan and Redman have similar arm strength? Ryan stronger? Redman?

I'm just curious.

I've always liked Redman and believe that his deep balls have more zip and accuracy than Ryan's. However, Ryan did exceed my expectations in years one and two.

Here's what really bothers me: During the preseason and in last Sunday's game, it appeared that both Ryan and Redman had lost their swagger. I have nothing to base this on, but I believe there is a dynamic going on between the coaching staff and the quarterbacks that is sucking the life out of them. It's almost like the coaches (Mularky?) is afraid to let them do what they do best. And, that groupthink now has got them second-guessing themselves and too ready to check down so they don't get yelled at. It's like this timid little strategy where any pass that covers more than 20-25 yards in the air is just too scary to try more than once or twice per quarter.

Maybe I'm way off base, but that sure is what it feels like to me.

First of all-the disclaimer-I'M NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING AT ALL WITH THIS THREAD:

This question is mainly directed at those of you who have been out to Training Camps of the Falcons the last few years....because I haven't really seen enough of Redman in live, real games to know the answer.

Do Ryan and Redman have similar arm strength? Ryan stronger? Redman?

I'm just curious.

No...to me Redman is deadly accurate with the deep ball. He can throw!