Am I The Only One That Avoids Sports Media On A Week Like This?

Finally

I have been watching these guys for way too long so I already know that they will have a knee-jerk reaction. One game does not make a season nor is it enough evidence to suggest we are no longer the team that put together 13 wins last year. I don't need one of the talking heads piling on to the loss.

I have been watching these guys for way too long so I already know that they will have a knee-jerk reaction. One game does not make a season nor is it enough evidence to suggest we are no longer the team that put together 13 wins last year. I don't need one of the talking heads piling on to the loss.

LOL we got plenty of piling on going right here, we don't need any media help.

Guest Absconditus

Getting outside opinions on your team helps you to keep things in perspective. Most of the guys running around here saying we're fine and everything is hunky-dory are the people who only listen to local sports radio and only read the local paper and only watch the local sports segments on Fox 5 Atlanta.

Being more knowledgeable about the rest of the league and the national perception of your team from people who have been either covering, studying, coaching, or playing the game of football their whole lives is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Edited by Absconditus

I think the media suffered from two things:

Too high of expectations for one team.

Too little respect for one team.

I think you can figure out which is which. They led to the shock treatment they are recovering from. Yes I still believe we are a Super Bowl team, but the media thought we were going to be the 07 Pats or something. They all forgot who has been winning the games up in Soldier Field (hint: not Jay Cutler)

Its fun to read the excuses. you never know what type of a new original will pop up. Keeps the comedy in the nfl

So I'm an idiot for giving my opinion and details of an actual event?

They were probably listening to the 2LIveStews yesterday. A caller called in and basically said white receivers (Wes Welker) were only successful due to a specific system. Basically they were system players. For what it's worth, The Stews quickly put an end to that and even laughed about how ridiculous it was.

I think the media does hype that racial crap. There's no doubt. Witness the recent "if vick were white" garbage - as if white skin was a "get out of gangsta" free card.

Something isn't true just because the media hypes it. Sure - some idolize vick as a role model. Some idolize others. The spotlight shines on the most grotesque. The norm doesn't make the evening news.

Getting outside opinions on your team helps you to keep things in perspective. Most of the guys running around here saying we're fine and everything is hunky-dory are the people who only listen to local sports radio and only read the local paper and only watch the local sports segments on Fox 5 Atlanta.

Being more knowledgeable about the rest of the league and the national perception of your team from people who have been either covering, studying, coaching, or playing the game of football their whole lives is never a bad thing in my opinion.

I am smart enough to keep things in perspective all by myself. The reality nothing has changed, at least not yet. The same probem we had on Sunday we have had in every other game. We rely too heavily on Matt Ryan and we are not a good two+ possesion come from behind team. We are still built to play with a lead. Hopefully as we progress through the season our defense will get it together and our Oline will gel.

We are too much like the Colts. When Manning has a bad day they lose.

Back in 08 when the Flacco vs Ryan debate was in full swing and the comments were that Flacco's defense carried him I said that was enviable. Think about it. If we had such a great defense we could win many games with Redman we'd be unstoppable with Ryan.