Confused Thoughts On This Sunday's Game...

McMVP

I just can't really get a hold of this game Sunday.  There are some games I can see going either way...but rarely do I see a potential blow-out either way.  I do in this case.  It's strange.  

I can easily look back at our past success against Atlanta and see more of the same.  Falcons injured on the dline...fast turf...yada yada

I can just as easily see a ticked off Falcon team at home (where they have been VERY strong)...coming off a disappointing loss after a 13-3 season.  The whole Vick thing...scoring a couple times as a role player a couple years back...yada yada

I picked the Eagles in Finally's contest thread, but I just don't know.  I'm a believer in karma and the law of averages...both favor the Falcons for this game.  However, both favored them last year as well....and we saw the result.  

I see Vick being amped up and going off in a positive way.  I can also see him being too amped up.  

I also see the Falcons being very amped up and going off.  There will be a lot of emotion...in the 1st quarter in particular.  It will be interesting to see how this game goes after that...

I have always enjoyed your posts on here as opposed to blind Eagles fans. This is true. This game can get out of hand for both teams. We are pissed and will be on fire at home. We don't lose at home. This will be a tough game for the Eagles to win if the Falcons are truly pissed after losing like that to the Bears. Vick and the Eagles got away with some luck on Sunday with some of those throws not being picked/knocked down and Steven Jackson going down. You guys run D is atrocious because you play to get an early lead and let the DEs and CBs take over the game. But if it is close and the LBs and Safeties have to play, it could spell trouble.

I just can't really get a hold of this game Sunday. There are some games I can see going either way...but rarely do I see a potential blow-out either way. I do in this case. It's strange.

I can easily look back at our past success against Atlanta and see more of the same. Falcons injured on the dline...fast turf...yada yada

I can just as easily see a ticked off Falcon team at home (where they have been VERY strong)...coming off a disappointing loss after a 13-3 season. The whole Vick thing...scoring a couple times as a role player a couple years back...yada yada

I picked the Eagles in Finally's contest thread, but I just don't know. I'm a believer in karma and the law of averages...both favor the Falcons for this game. However, both favored them last year as well....and we saw the result.

I see Vick being amped up and going off in a positive way. I can also see him being too amped up.

I also see the Falcons being very amped up and going off. There will be a lot of emotion...in the 1st quarter in particular. It will be interesting to see how this game goes after that...

It doesn't concern you that after 10 years it finally occurred to Vick he needs to study the defense to determine where the blitz's are coming from? I see this game lopsided one way or the other.

It doesn't concern you that after 10 years it finally occurred to Vick he needs to study the defense to determine where the blitz's are coming from? I see this game lopsided one way or the other.

It's a concern...but not as you state it. He's 'finally' in a place where he is receptive to 'learning from those that know more than him. How much he learns, and how much is translated to on-field results remains to be seen. He's made improvements...but still has a ways to go...

Well if the Falcons can't get up for this game they never will. It's hard to put so much on week two,but **** time the Falcons rise up to the challenge. I know everybody here wants the Falcons to open up the offense **** I do too, but this week it might be best to run and run some more and try and keep the Eagles offense off the field. Yes the Falcons to need to take some shots down field, but I think they can run on the Eagles front seven,but only if the OL play significantly better than it did in week one.

A fellow Eagle fan, whats going on bro

I think the key for us will be to start fast so Michael Turner can't serve us. Last week against the Rams we were alittle sloppy and started out slow but due to the Rams, while a up and coming team, just aren't that good, it didn't hurt us so much.

The Falcons are different..Vick, Andy and Marty are in the film room working tirelessly to get better because Vick is going to have to get better at presnap reads. There were atleast TWO TIMES where a free blitzer ran free because Vick set the wrong protection at the line. Actually Mikell was in on one of them.

Also our Offensive line ALWAYS gets raped badly until they figure out whats going on which is usually like the second qt. We cannot afford to start slow. The offense has to get cleaner.

On defense..Matthews needs to get it together, he's showing progress but he has to learn alittle faster with Michael Turner back there because he can easily have a 200 yrd day if Chaney Matthews and Mokiau don't get it together. If we get up fast, Matt Ryan is catching a serious beatdown because our D-line is amazing. Jason Babin and Trent Cole on the other end is SICKKKKK.

While Roddy White is a mans man...I'm not worried about our secondary in the least bit...just hope Nnmandi doesn't let one slide like he almost did last game.

I don't know......I'm going with the Falcons because they want it desperately but Vick can crush a person's dream quick (see Washington's Madden game or Giants "Miracle in the Meadow Lands 3")

we shall see

A fellow Eagle fan, whats going on bro

I think the key for us will be to start fast so Michael Turner can't serve us. Last week against the Rams we were alittle sloppy and started out slow but due to the Rams, while a up and coming team, just aren't that good, it didn't hurt us so much.

The Falcons are different..Vick, Andy and Marty are in the film room working tirelessly to get better because Vick is going to have to get better at presnap reads. There were atleast TWO TIMES where a free blitzer ran free because Vick set the wrong protection at the line. Actually Mikell was in on one of them.

Also our Offensive line ALWAYS gets raped badly until they figure out whats going on which is usually like the second qt. We cannot afford to start slow. The offense has to get cleaner.

On defense..Matthews needs to get it together, he's showing progress but he has to learn alittle faster with Michael Turner back there because he can easily have a 200 yrd day if Chaney Matthews and Mokiau don't get it together. If we get up fast, Matt Ryan is catching a serious beatdown because our D-line is amazing. Jason Babin and Trent Cole on the other end is SICKKKKK.

While Roddy White is a mans man...I'm not worried about our secondary in the least bit...just hope Nnmandi doesn't let one slide like he almost did last game.

I don't know......I'm going with the Falcons because they want it desperately but Vick can crush a person's dream quick (see Washington's Madden game or Giants "Miracle in the Meadow Lands 3")

we shall see

Agree with every word you just said...good to see another Eagle fan here!

We both have good squad but for me I look at coaching and gameplanning being the difference in this game.

I've already seen BVG game plan and rise to the occasion more than a few times, and he does adjust pretty well, even Sunday the Bears didn't have an offensive score in the second half. my only concern is and always has been Mularkey. hope he comes through

Agree with every word you just said...good to see another Eagle fan here!

No problem bro, love talking football and the Falcon fans here are cool.

Games like these worry me because I currently live Atlanta and I know how bad Atlanta wants this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we get blown out the building.

I have hope though in a few things...

1. Vick's competitive nature is ridiculous, and Atlanta back in "his house", you know more than likely it's going down.

2. We have the ability to start fast and if Steve Smith is alittle more healthy...thats Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Smith, Celek, and Cooper...I'm loving our chances to score quick..........and I haven't got into my boy Shady

3. IF we get up fast, I'll take Matt Ryan trying to come back by throwing against our secondary and staying alive long enough to throw it with our d-line

Now if we start slow, Desean drops his annual 2 or 3 passes a game, Avant drops his ANNUAL easy one and Vick plays sloppy then that gives Michael Turner a chance to channel his inner Emmitt Smith on us which would give Matt Ryan a better chance to play action us to death which would absolutely

suck......I don't know this game is hard to call

No problem bro, love talking football and the Falcon fans here are cool.

Games like these worry me because I currently live Atlanta and I know how bad Atlanta wants this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we get blown out the building.

I have hope though in a few things...

1. Vick's competitive nature is ridiculous, and Atlanta back in "his house", you know more than likely it's going down.

2. We have the ability to start fast and if Steve Smith is alittle more healthy...thats Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Smith, Celek, and Cooper...I'm loving our chances to score quick..........and I haven't got into my boy Shady

3. IF we get up fast, I'll take Matt Ryan trying to come back by throwing against our secondary and staying alive long enough to throw it with our d-line

Now if we start slow, Desean drops his annual 2 or 3 passes a game, Avant drops his ANNUAL easy one and Vick plays sloppy then that gives Michael Turner a chance to channel his inner Emmitt Smith on us which would give Matt Ryan a better chance to play action us to death which would absolutely

suck......I don't know this game is hard to call

Starting quick is paramount to the Eagles this Sun...agree...which is why Im worried. I see the Falcons as being the 'more likely team' to start fast....but that is because I think there are certain games that are fueled more on 'situational' emotion than just a basic 'desire to perform on a consistent basis'. It's human nature in my opinion. Only a rare few bring it week in and week out....no matter he circumstances.

So I think it's safe to say that the Falcons will be emotionally charged...and history shows that will be to their benefit his Sunday night. So....how will the Eagles respond? That will tell the story of this game I think.

It could be ugly for us...but it may not be. Like you, I dont know...not with any high level of confidence anyway. We just hope for the best...

(agree that these Falcon fans are ok for the most part :) )

As a Falcons fan, I want them to win but The Eagles are exactly what The Falcons are not so far...explosive. Now this time, The Eagles are coming to the Dome and I do feel much better about our chances but Vick loves astro turf. Hopefully in this game, there will be more Falcons fans than traitors (ATL Vick huggers) at the game to drown out their rediculous cries to bring him back. To all the ATL Vick huggers, if you want to support Vick, then wear an Eagles jersey!The Falcons need all the support they need and it doesn't help when all the cheers are directed at him at The Dome.

As a Falcons fan, I want them to win but The Eagles are exactly what The Falcons are not so far...explosive. Now this time, The Eagles are coming to the Dome and I do feel much better about our chances but Vick loves astro turf. Hopefully in this game, there will be more Falcons fans than traitors (ATL Vick huggers) at the game to drown out their rediculous cries to bring him back. To all the ATL Vick huggers, if you want to support Vick, then wear an Eagles jersey!The Falcons need all the support they need and it doesn't help when all the cheers are directed at him at The Dome.

A team doesn't have to be 'explosive' to beat another team that is known for that....

Why do I keep seeing that word here anyway?

We need to get back to ball control and keep the score low and just give us a chance in the 4th qtr. Forget all this explosive BS. Play like we normally do and run the ball and run chunks of the clock off each drive while putting up points. This will be key to getting back on the right track and making the playoffs. This should be a close game but hopefully it will be a low scoring game with us lining up for a last second winning field goal. Just win baby!!!

I just can't really get a hold of this game Sunday. There are some games I can see going either way...but rarely do I see a potential blow-out either way. I do in this case. It's strange.

I can easily look back at our past success against Atlanta and see more of the same. Falcons injured on the dline...fast turf...yada yada

I can just as easily see a ticked off Falcon team at home (where they have been VERY strong)...coming off a disappointing loss after a 13-3 season. The whole Vick thing...scoring a couple times as a role player a couple years back...yada yada

I picked the Eagles in Finally's contest thread, but I just don't know. I'm a believer in karma and the law of averages...both favor the Falcons for this game. However, both favored them last year as well....and we saw the result.

I see Vick being amped up and going off in a positive way. I can also see him being too amped up.

I also see the Falcons being very amped up and going off. There will be a lot of emotion...in the 1st quarter in particular. It will be interesting to see how this game goes after that...

whats to be confused about, we flew to chicago, took the field, spewed chocolate thunder diarhea in our game britches, flew out...Now we learned from our mistakes according to the staff, and we reverse things... simple..

Edited by HASHBROWN3

I just don't even know what to expect for Sunday's game. Just like I was unsure of the Bears game. We beat the fool out of ourselves on Sunday, I could easily see us doing that in an even bigger way this week. However I know our coach, and I know his track record, and that leads me to believe that this week you're going to see a really tight, really crisp approach to the game.

It's not often Matt Ryan starts out 10-11 and the Falcons don't cruise to victory land, we screwed it up last Sunday, but this week we're at home in the dome. You're going to see a ton of Vick fans there on Sunday though, so I don't know what to expect. I want our fans to get out there and go nuts on em and I want the Falcons to absolutely romp the Eagles because we haven't done that for quite some time. But I know if we have to trot out there in the 2nd half and throw all game that Matt Ryan's season could end on Sunday after the beating he took against Chicago. I know Philly phans love Trent Cole and he's been productive, but he's no Peppers, and so I'm thankful for that, however you do have another DE who is the exception to ever rule in that he's gone from role player to looking like a star in the twilight of his career.

The thing I hate about playing the Eagles is I can see McCoy just absolutely destroying us in the short passing game, since we suck at defending it. That's what's giving me nightmares right now. He won't be able to run the ball against our front 7, but Chicago couldn't either, and in the end, it didn't matter.