It's As Simple As The Falcons Having The Better Qb

±0.5

If you think the falcons will lose back-to-back games under Matty Ice then you need help. This guy has too much pride to allow his team to get drilled in consecutive weeks.

The other guy....

He's an admitted quitter. He's sitting back reading all the praises and assuming this game will be easy.

Falcons 45 Eagles 20

Side note: Grimes will intercept YKW at least 3 times.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

When it comes to the Eagles it's not the QB that concerns me, it's the coaching staff. I have absolutely no reason to believe that my coaching staff won't be outcoached by Andy Reid and staff. Our 0-3 record combined with the blowout losses tells me all I need to know when it comes to Mike Smith vs Andy Reid.

Hey guys, visitor stopping by

Here's to a good game and for what it's worth, I think the Falcons will be so jacked up that we'll probably lose this game, and I wouldn't be surprised to get blown out the building.

I will say this though, for the guy that said Matt Ryan is better than Vick.................I don't know about that one but to each his own I guess,

Hey guys, visitor stopping by

Here's to a good game and for what it's worth, I think the Falcons will be so jacked up that we'll probably lose this game, and I wouldn't be surprised to get blown out the building.

I will say this though, for the guy that said Matt Ryan is better than Vick.................I don't know about that one but to each his own I guess,

Vick is the better athlete and got off to a hot start last season but look at his stats the second half of the season. Very regular. He even had a 43% completion rate vs the Rams. Ryan still had a 66% rate vs the Bears.

So yes QB, Ryan wins. Vick is the better creator/athlete. Take his wheels away and he isn't in this league any more.

Vick is the better athlete and got off to a hot start last season but look at his stats the second half of the season. Very regular. He even had a 43% completion rate vs the Rams. Ryan still had a 66% rate vs the Bears.

So yes QB, Ryan wins. Vick is the better creator/athlete. Take his wheels away and he isn't in this league any more.

LOL!!!

funny you bring up completions but not touchdowns, a stat that actually matters, and completely dismiss a contribution to the run game with the same production we got out of turner. He also opens things up for Mccoy and the running game. Vick is not an athlete that can be measured with your basic qb rating formulas and what not. Ill take the opinion of his peers over butt hurt fans of his ex team.

Your harping on that 40 completetion percentage alot........We have like 3 new offensive linemen with one being a rookie and for the first time in history......Vick is being given the ENTIRE REIGNS to this offense, meaning he can call his own protection and make adjustment to the plays based off pre-snap reads. Needless to say he made costly mistake in the rams game but Rome wasn't built in a day and he's studying harder than ever to catch certain nuances namely, pre-reading the correct blitz. He and Andy are constantly in the film room and soon he will have it down pact but for now that definitely along with the shoddy o-line contributed to his completetion percentage along with plenty of drops by our wr's.

Vick and the offense will get more cleaner and crisp as the season goes on. The scary part about all this is....we put up 30+ and it was sloppy and completely out of wack for like the whole 1st quarter. And Vick said in the press conference that it should of been cleaner and he needs to get back in the film room. You have to admire that.

As for this whole "second half collapse" thing....a little insight shall we

These are Vick's QB ratings for the 13 games he played, including the playoff game.

1)102

2)108

3)119

4)91

5)94

6)151

7)83

8)94

9)103

10)90

11)98

12)74

13)80

Vick has a QB rating over 90 in his first six games. Now the 7 regression games are 7-13. If you will look in the middle of the 7 game "collapse", you will that there are 4 consecutive games with QB ratings over 90, along with a TD/INT ratio of 2/1 in that stretch

Breaking things down further specifically, Games 1-6 are all good, game 7 is average, games 8-11 are all good. So one can conclude that game 7 is the aberration.

Admittingly, the Vikings game showed that Vick desperately needed to work on that blitz. His playoff game was decent, and he brought us back but he under threw Riley Cooper in the endzone.....but he admits and realizes that he should have threw it underneath instead of going for it all. He realizes that sometimes patience is the best play.

I said all that to say this........I think Vick's the better qb and it's a signficant gap, not big but significant, but if you'd take Ryan, thats cool though.

Also his RT was injured so that made things that much more difficult considering our o-line already sucked.

I said all that to say this...I think Vick is better by a significant gap, not alot but significant. But like I said, to each his own bro.

Edited by Eaglesfansince80

When it comes to the Eagles it's not the QB that concerns me, it's the coaching staff. I have absolutely no reason to believe that my coaching staff won't be outcoached by Andy Reid and staff. Our 0-3 record combined with the blowout losses tells me all I need to know when it comes to Mike Smith vs Andy Reid.

Mama for the win! You nailed it my friend.

So all of a sudden you Philly fans claim Vick is a superior QB compared to Ryan after one year when we had to deal with him for years. He didn't change. The system is better yea but Vick cooled off at the second half of the year. And yea he opens things up for McCoy due to his athleticism, not QB skills. Vick can extend a play then heave to Jackson. Don't let the media's lovefest with his reemergence fool you.

Starting with the first Giants game, Vick went 11-7 TD-INT. If it weren't for a true miracle game at the Giants (more of the Giants imploding than Vick dominating), Vick goes 8-7. Yes he regressed. The ratings are nice but look at the stat line. That miracle in the meadowlands is not happening again. You know that. Half of his good plays are DeSean making a play, not Vick. But he gets the credit (i.e. DeSean's 91 yarder vs Cowboys goes on Vick's stat line but he just threw a 10 yard curl). It wasn't like he knew throwing to him would result in a 91 yarder. It was poor tackling and DeSean's doing. Put Vick in Buffalo and say the same thing. No.

Its good that you're being optimistic but c'mon we are not gonna beat phili by 25 points. Atleast not with the Offense I saw last week. Matt is a good not great/elite QB. Say what u will about Vick but the guy has Playoff Wins and so does Flacco. Until Matty wins in the Playoffs................

matty needs to come out swinging and show that the dome is his

So all of a sudden you Philly fans claim Vick is a superior QB compared to Ryan after one year when we had to deal with him for years. He didn't change. The system is better yea but Vick cooled off at the second half of the year. And yea he opens things up for McCoy due to his athleticism, not QB skills. Vick can extend a play then heave to Jackson. Don't let the media's lovefest with his reemergence fool you.

Starting with the first Giants game, Vick went 11-7 TD-INT. If it weren't for a true miracle game at the Giants (more of the Giants imploding than Vick dominating), Vick goes 8-7. Yes he regressed. The ratings are nice but look at the stat line. That miracle in the meadowlands is not happening again. You know that. Half of his good plays are DeSean making a play, not Vick. But he gets the credit (i.e. DeSean's 91 yarder vs Cowboys goes on Vick's stat line but he just threw a 10 yard curl). It wasn't like he knew throwing to him would result in a 91 yarder. It was poor tackling and DeSean's doing. Put Vick in Buffalo and say the same thing. No.

Like I said bro, I know it stings like ****, knowing he will probably realize his full potential with us but what you just said is pure hating bro.

If you know anything about Andy Reid, then you know he SPECIALIZES in qb's. If it's one thing he's incapable of screwing up(and he screws up alot)it's developing a QB. Vick has the talent and potential to be a very fast Steve Young, if you don't see how deadly that is then there's no hope for you. Andy and Vick do NOTHING but stalk the film room and game tapes..Vick has developed this OCD like addiction with getting his footwork and mechanics perfect to the tee. He's obessed with film now...and he can fool me but he can't fool his teammates who all say, he's the first one in last one out....Nmandi stated he hasn't seen a work ethic like Vick's.............................................With every path to greatness there will be growing pains and sloppiness but Vick, Andy and Marty are dedicated to getting it right and becoming what he should've been here.

Thats good enough for me. I also clearly showed you how his "regression" is completely overstated and with him having full control over our offense, there will be growing pains(Donovan Mcnabb didn't even have that)......but we probably won't see eye to eye on a subject like this so we'll just agree to disagree

Your harping on that 40 completetion percentage alot........We have like 3 new offensive linemen with one being a rookie and for the first time in history......Vick is being given the ENTIRE REIGNS to this offense, meaning he can call his own protection and make adjustment to the plays based off pre-snap reads. Needless to say he made costly mistake in the rams game but Rome wasn't built in a day and he's studying harder than ever to catch certain nuances namely, pre-reading the correct blitz. He and Andy are constantly in the film room and soon he will have it down pact but for now that definitely along with the shoddy o-line contributed to his completetion percentage along with plenty of drops by our wr's.

Vick and the offense will get more cleaner and crisp as the season goes on. The scary part about all this is....we put up 30+ and it was sloppy and completely out of wack for like the whole 1st quarter. And Vick said in the press conference that it should of been cleaner and he needs to get back in the film room. You have to admire that.

As for this whole "second half collapse" thing....a little insight shall we

These are Vick's QB ratings for the 13 games he played, including the playoff game.

1)102

2)108

3)119

4)91

5)94

6)151

7)83

8)94

9)103

10)90

11)98

12)74

13)80

Vick has a QB rating over 90 in his first six games. Now the 7 regression games are 7-13. If you will look in the middle of the 7 game "collapse", you will that there are 4 consecutive games with QB ratings over 90, along with a TD/INT ratio of 2/1 in that stretch

Breaking things down further specifically, Games 1-6 are all good, game 7 is average, games 8-11 are all good. So one can conclude that game 7 is the aberration.

Admittingly, the Vikings game showed that Vick desperately needed to work on that blitz. His playoff game was decent, and he brought us back but he under threw Riley Cooper in the endzone.....but he admits and realizes that he should have threw it underneath instead of going for it all. He realizes that sometimes patience is the best play.

I said all that to say this........I think Vick's the better qb and it's a signficant gap, not big but significant, but if you'd take Ryan, thats cool though.

Also his RT was injured so that made things that much more difficult considering our o-line already sucked.

I said all that to say this...I think Vick is better by a significant gap, not alot but significant. But like I said, to each his own bro.

Certainly wish our coaching staff would do that with Ryan. I mean, look how our offense was moving against the Bears when he was calling the plays and audibles while we were in the no huddle. Then the famous ROLL OUT call by MM and BOOM! Let Ryan get into a groove and just do what we all know he is capable of!! Yes, tht throw that Urlacher picked was a horrible throw, but we have seen bad things happen on that rollout play time and time again!!! :angry:

matty needs to come out swinging and show that the dome is his

I seriously believe, you guys will more than likely blow us out the building. Too much emotion and with games like this, I just have bad feelings about it. Matty and co wants this too bad to let it slip away.

Although with Vick, you always have a chance..and he hasn't had his annual Madden game yet so you never know with this guy.

I know one thing..it's must see tv thats for sure, can't wait.

Certainly wish our coaching staff would do that with Ryan. I mean, look how our offense was moving against the Bears when he was calling the plays and audibles while we were in the no huddle. Then the famous ROLL OUT call by MM and BOOM! Let Ryan get into a groove and just do what we all know he is capable of!! Yes, tht throw that Urlacher picked was a horrible throw, but we have seen bad things happen on that rollout play time and time again!!! :angry:

Don't know why he won't let Matty fling it. Roddy is practically unstoppable and I don't know much about Jones but in the preseason he looked like a keeper. Tony G, is a absolute baller and is a complete mismatch for our LB's...although Casey Matthews is showing some progress with his reads....I hope becomes as good or better then his brother. Chaney is fast enough to stick with Tony and Mokau is pretty good. They're just super undersized.

We falcons fans are too fixated on bomb plays. Let's take GB. How many of their big plays are the result of a Rodger's bomb? My guess is not many. RAC is the key. GB WRs/TEs do more with the football after the catch.

Matt is doing his job! I think one issue is MM not putting guys in space to be effective after the catch.

Edited by NineOhTheRino