Here Is What I Think, And Im Gonna Be Brutally Honest

I think we are going to play a really good game this Sunday night against the Eagles. I do think we are going to not embarass ourselves on National TV. I think the Falcons are going to show some real effort. But it wont quite be enough.

Our Defense is going to step up, but they will be on the field too long. Our Offense is going to score 2 TDs, but we are going to turn the ball over once (i see a Ryan INT or 2) If there is a 1 game this season to play Dink and Dunk, then this one will be it, but Ryan is going to try to air it out, and Im afraid he is going to get burned against this Eagle Secondary. The place to attack Philly is the short-intermediate area of the field, pick on their LBs. Tony G. should be targeted here, as should Jaquizz on screens or draws. Turner is going to have a tough game, despite the consensus that we should be able to run all over Philly - which we have never done well.

Andy Reid will strike again, he knows how to beat the Falcons - scheming against our offense and defense isnt that difficult, we run vanilla crap over and over.And the Eagles run that Zone Blitz scheme almost as good as the Steelers. Ryan is going to get harassed all game, and have a tough one.

The Eagles just have too many weapons, and too much talent on both sides of the ball, and Andy Reid and his staff are masterminds, and unless we score some Turnovers I just dont see us pulling this one out. But it will be close.

Eagles 32

Falcons 21

---- Now My Homerville Alter Ego will say this....

We get 2 INTs and a recovered Fumble. We captialize on Turnovers (and friendly referees) and pull out a dramatic,controversial win.

Falcons 24

Eagles 17

No we win this game convicibly. I truly believe the coach's thought our raw talent would prevail against Chicago. They where wrong. I believe our entire team has been anxious and game planning for week 2 for a few weeks. This game is important on many levels as it is a national game against the QB we punished by releasing. This game I feel will be executed to the fullest and will be a statement game. Loosing to the bears is not as bad as it will be if we lose to the eagles in this city. If Vick wins it's gonna cost us some fans. I hate it but we gotta win and get the monkey off our back

I actually think that getting whooped by the Bears puts the Falcons in a better position to beat the Bears. That loss was a reality check, and Smith is the type of coach that responds well to losses. Ryan is a qb that responds well to losses. The team will get it together and be focused and for that matter, FIRED UP in the home opener.

On a side note, I'm a superstitious person, and believe karma will be against Vick in this game. He deserves a punishment for what he did to this franchise, and that punishment will either be a loss this weekend, or a loss in the playoffs to us.

This topic makes me sick are some of you sure your supporting the right team here are you seriously convinced after the bad effort we put up we will lie down at home.

Do our supposed fans realise we are a different kettle of fish at home with Ryan at the controls,what are we 20-4 or something like that over the last 3 seasons man I can't believe what I'm reading or otherwise we have some sorry AR*E weak willed wannabe fans who only want to stick with this team when we are going good but don't realise we have to take our lumps along the way.

Man I'm sorry for the speil but please Man the F**K up as I no the team will find a way to get it done come next Sunday.

This topic makes me sick are some of you sure your supporting the right team here are you seriously convinced after the bad effort we put up we will lie down at home.

Do our supposed fans realise we are a different kettle of fish at home with Ryan at the controls,what are we 20-4 or something like that over the last 3 seasons man I can't believe what I'm reading or otherwise we have some sorry AR*E weak willed wannabe fans who only want to stick with this team when we are going good but don't realise we have to take our lumps along the way.

Man I'm sorry for the speil but please Man the F**K up as I no the team will find a way to get it done come next Sunday.

well of course they will find a way. but your saying with all that talent on the roster we still deserved that *** whooping? I believe in the the team and still believe we are SB bound but we will not make it with that effort that was given on Sunday in play calling and execution!

I'll be brutally honest as well we have a serious problem more than just a loss it's how we lost. I go back to the Pitt game during pre season and was blown away at how inept our offense looked. That's the game where Ryan attempted 40- 50 passes and even set a record. My friends kept saying no big deal it's pre-season but I knew something was way off and we would see the same type of performance in Chicago and I was right. The problem imo is the transition of trying to become an explosive offense from a ball control type of team.

Last year when Ryan came to the line he was confident he could make the plays to Roddy,Gonzo etc and made some amazing throws all within his safety zone. Now Ryan has a confidence problem and he knows with his O-line he doesn't have the luxury of a Brady or Manning to make his reads and make a play thus the check downs you saw in Chicago.

The only way to fix this is coaching up the O-line they must over achieve and allow Ryan time to stay in the pocket. Ryan must start throwing the ball down field 20 + yards and we as fans accept he will have growing pains in this new offense. Until Ryan believes he can make that throw you are going to see the same results check downs,forced throws and a lot of three and outs.

New Orleans stayed with Green Bay and Miami hung in against New England the two best teams in football right now. I know Chicago is decent but we didn't score an offensive TD. That is a major red flag from our team, a division winner just a year ago.

So where do you put the blame? On the coaches here's why, I'm sure he threw plenty of deep balls during camp when he should have been putting it up throwing deep working on this transition during pre-season GAME 1, GAME 2 he did against Pittsburgh and even in GAME 4 and if your changing your offense playing longer working the kinks out and building his confidence. Now it seems we are going to try and bring it in a real game and that's not going to work.

If we want to be competitive we need to go back to what we were, running the ball, short routes a ball control offense and maybe throw a deep ball once or twice a game. Maybe next year we will see the team TD envisioned when he moved up to get Julio. If we bring the same game plan against Philly we will get blown out.

There is a difference between being a fan of your team and blindly thinking all will be perfect all the time and being a fan with reasonable expectatations... the fact is we were not as good as our record last year and we were exposed as such by a team that was on the rise and running good...we got every possible good bounce last season and caught every break anybody who knows football could see that...this season we are a better team than we were last year but our record likely wont reflect as much...all of this super bowl talk on this board and in the media is a lil early....2 more years of developing our still very young defense and adjusting our offense to a more explosive down the field type offense then we can start talking about the SB...we are most likely a wild card team this season though i do see us winning atleast one and possibly 2 playoff games this year as hopefully we will be opening up the offense by then..we are in the process of changing our offensive mentality and it will take some time to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a difference between being a fan of your team and blindly thinking all will be perfect all the time and being a fan with reasonable expectatations... the fact is we were not as good as our record last year and we were exposed as such by a team that was on the rise and running good...we got every possible good bounce last season and caught every break anybody who knows football could see that...this season we are a better team than we were last year but our record likely wont reflect as much...all of this super bowl talk on this board and in the media is a lil early....2 more years of developing our still very young defense and adjusting our offense to a more explosive down the field type offense then we can start talking about the SB...we are most likely a wild card team this season though i do see us winning atleast one and possibly 2 playoff games this year as hopefully we will be opening up the offense by then..we are in the process of changing our offensive mentality and it will take some time to do so.

So Ryan got it done he got hammered all night the O-Line played fairly averagely for 2 QTRs but when it mattered in the $th Ryan and the O-line got it done it was ugly sure but bottom line is we got it done.

All we have to do is get back to what we do best the O-line and Mughelli blocking for TURNER set teams up with the run and then the explosive plays will come off play action.Basically all this No Huddle and Explosive play talk has gone to everyones head and fans are expecting explosive on every set of downs.

All I'm saying is don't forget who we are and how we became successful and thats off Turners running game thats our IDENTITY and when Turner goes for 100 + on the ground 90% of the time the Falcons win the game and what do we crave we crave for OUR TEAM TO WIN THE GAME.