One Of The Biggest Games In Franchise History

Look people this is not hype. It really is the truth. The NFL knows it (it’s why they scheduled it Note: they are the only NFC East team we play this year), Blank knows it, The Atlanta Falcons coaching staff knows it, and I bet Matt Ryan knows it. Although I do not believe it is a MUST win, I do believe it has to be a close game particularly if the Falcons don’t win.

This franchise has been through a lot in its history and the most notable is the Petrino and Vick saga. Something about losing to the guy that did you wrong don’t sit right with anyone. It’s like your wife cheating on you with your brother and then they both live happily ever after…shyt like that aint suppose to happen.

I believe in redemption and second chances and Vick has got his second chance…thats all, enough. I was a huge Vick fan, but bottom line he screwed this Franchise and its fan royally and in no way do I care for him to have a good game Sunday night.

I think the Falcons can grow as a team Sunday with a win and this franchise can truly rise up. The loss last Sunday may have set the stage for an incredible performance by OUR FALCONS. I believe the coaches and players are going to play lights out. I also think that young man at QB will make us proud!

I'll eat my crow if necessary but I AM A FALCONS FAN FOREVER!!

It's huge on so many levels it isn't even funny.

For me it's particularly big for 2 reasons:

First and foremost we have looked terrible as a team in our last 2 games that mattered. We played very sloppily and unfocused against the Bears and crapped the bed against the Packers at home. It's been a while since any of us have seen the Falcons play a good game. It's time to live up to their talent level and make a statement. If we stumble badly against the Eagles then that would be 3 games in a row against quality opponents where we just didn't match up. At that point we are what we are, a mediocre football team. I think we're better than that.

Secondly, that fat bastige Reid owns us. He's what, 8-1 against us? He's a good HC but he isn't Bill Walsh or Paul Brown. Our coaches desperately need to show that they can scheme and game plan with the better coaches of the NFL. Time to make a mark against Reid and the Eagles.

It's not a must win...

Even though the odds don't favor it we can still make the playoffs with a loss.

Unlike 2 years ago a loss to the Eagles won't knock us out of the playoffs.

Play-offs? Right now the focus should be on hammering the Eagles. This team has a lot to prove before the P-word can be used even as a remote possibility.

This game is bigger than playoff implications. That may sound silly, but it's true. The odds are against the Falcons winning the Super Bowl this year, and short of that happening, this is the game that is going to be remembered from this season, and it's going to be remembered for a long time.

Now...what I've learned today from watching the boards is that the Falcons have suffered so much embarrassment and shame in high profile moments throughout their history that some people are accepting of it happening again.

I want to see these guys man up in a big moment with the whole world watching....and it really doesn't get any bigger than this in the regular season.

If we can only win one game this season, I want this to be it.

i agree 100%. even more important than a Falcons v Saints winner takes division title loser is a wild card game. for me at least. this game is a statement that we have moved on from Vick and have an even better team then his "dream team." huge game for national reputation too.

Last week I said that winning this game, for me, would be second only to winning a Super Bowl. Caught a lot of flack for it, but it looks like I'm not the only one that feels that way.

It's huge on so many levels it isn't even funny.

For me it's particularly big for 2 reasons:

First and foremost we have looked terrible as a team in our last 2 games that mattered. We played very sloppily and unfocused against the Bears and crapped the bed against the Packers at home. It's been a while since any of us have seen the Falcons play a good game. It's time to live up to their talent level and make a statement. If we stumble badly against the Eagles then that would be 3 games in a row against quality opponents where we just didn't match up. At that point we are what we are, a mediocre football team. I think we're better than that.

Secondly, that fat bastige Reid owns us. He's what, 8-1 against us? He's a good HC but he isn't Bill Walsh or Paul Brown. Our coaches desperately need to show that they can scheme and game plan with the better coaches of the NFL. Time to make a mark against Reid and the Eagles.

perfectly said ..

before the season even started i said if the falcons go 1-15 i want this to be the 1 win. This game is huge, there is always next year for the playoffs and there is always next year for the super bowl, we have to stop mike vick in the dome and we have to stop mike vick on sunday, there is way too much vick support piled in that dome when he comes in there in a green and white uniform. There is no next time to stop the Michael Vick led Eagles, it will linger. If number 7 wasn't the QB this game would not be as big or mean as much to this franchise. We have to play lights out in all phases of this game and lay the Michael Vick ghost of the GA dome to rest and show not only Atlanta but the world that we have moved on and we do not need Mike Vick. This is truely bigger than the super bowl in my opinion, like i said winning championships takes time so we should be paitent on waiting to win a championship, there is no "next time" to make a statement against Vick.

If it's the BIGGEST game of falcons ball club...then it's a tacit understanding it's a MUST win at ANY cost!

we were 0-4 in preseason. 0-1 in regular season. the way "this" year league appears to be so "balanced" past records mean NOTHING.

Eagles have clobbered us past 3 years ......law of averages indicate a "severe" beat down on IGGLES.

In my opinion it's one regular season game that's no more important than any other regular season game against an NFC opponent. To those who crave media respect, this is a huge game. To me, all I'm concerned about is making it to the playoffs and getting hot when it counts. Yes 0-2 would make that a little harder but at the very worst we would be 1 game back after this weekend.

Yes I absolutely want a win, but that doesn't mean we need to put an unrealistic amount of importance on the game. A number of years ago we (fans and the team) put a whole lot of importance on the first game of the year, which was against the Eagles after they lost the SB, winning that game got us nowhere didn't even make it to the playoffs.