I Haven't Posted Here Too Much In About A Year Or So, But I Have A Serious Question...

AuburnFalcon

Does anyone here actually like the Falcons anymore or has this become a board full of crybaby Nancies that whine and complain about every little thing? This place is insane. Yes we looked really bad Sunday. However, Matt Ryan is an elite QB in this league regardless of what some morons here have to say. Duanta Robinson is a really good corner in this league. Our OL needs work and our secondary needs some work but this is overall a really, really good team. Its amazing how many people want to jump off of bridges after a loss. Its the NFL. We are not going to win 13 games every year. Count on it.

It seems to me that we had a number of newcomer, bandwagoner fans jump on the train last year when we were creme of the crop and now we hit a speed bump and the fair weather fans are easy to spot. This place needs a reality check. Wow.

Guest mashburn

LOL we have a ton of guys who are bandwagon fans. they heard what the falcons did last year and they heard we were superbowl contenders. And when they heard we lost to chicago they went insane.

People need to realize this was Matt's first time on a that field. and Chicago and packers field to me, is very hard to play on. the field is in very poor condition.

Also a lot of people fell to realize that chicago was the #2 NFC contender last year.

Also I think people fell to realize to see we are only a three year old team. We were almost nothing before Dimitroff, Smith, Ryan, Turner, Gonzalez. yes we had abraham and vick. but vick made our line look bad with his sacks and fumbles, vick also put our twam down (giving us the bird), vick would come out of clubs at 8:00 on game day. Vick also had white, and made white not look good. Abraham, anderson, Bab, Dunn, were our very few good players. also there were players who steped up for us in 2008 - present; example white, and some what of our line; cause they didn't have to worry about trying to protect a guy who constantly ran our of the pocket.

they have changed this team around to winning consistent seasons. and we went 13-3 which is very hard to do. so we are basically a 3 year old team.

Edited by mashburn

Guest mashburn

But I will say the only part I am upset on is that we play zone way to much and a lot of times it fells. but another post made me wonder if we were running a lot of zone so our nickel position does not get picked on. but Hayden will let me know if BVG is to blame or not.

i totally agree the primary achilles heel of this team is the o line i will continue to harp on this all year! Falcons fans need to have a little bit of faith smith does really well getting the team ready to play after a loss. The NFC south is going to be a tight race there will be 3 teams with a winning record but i think 10 wins will win this division this year. Falcons 10-6 saints 10-6 bucs 9-7 count on it!

Guest Absconditus

LOL we have a ton of guys who are bandwagon fans. they heard what the falcons did last year and they heard we were superbowl contenders. And when they heard we lost to chicago they went insane.

People need to realize this was Matt's first time on a that field. and Chicago and packers field to me, is very hard to play on. the field is in very poor condition.

Also a lot of people fell to realize that chicago was the #2 NFC contender last year.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jesus Christ they just don't stop coming, and every single excuse is gayer than the one before it.

Since Sunday I have heard

"The players may have been too emotional with it being 9/11"

"Our team didn't have a lot of time to practice together this offseason because of the lockout"

"Our receivers were covered the whole game, why would we throw it deep if they're covered?"

and now "The was Ryan's first time on Chicago's field."

There was NOTHING wrong with the field at all, as evidenced by the fact that Jay Cutler ripped us a new *** up and down it all day long. STOP WITH THE EXCUSES.

Does anyone here actually like the Falcons anymore or has this become a board full of crybaby Nancies that whine and complain about every little thing? This place is insane. Yes we looked really bad Sunday. However, Matt Ryan is an elite QB in this league regardless of what some morons here have to say. Duanta Robinson is a really good corner in this league. Our OL needs work and our secondary needs some work but this is overall a really, really good team. Its amazing how many people want to jump off of bridges after a loss. Its the NFL. We are not going to win 13 games every year. Count on it.

It seems to me that we had a number of newcomer, bandwagoner fans jump on the train last year when we were creme of the crop and now we hit a speed bump and the fair weather fans are easy to spot. This place needs a reality check. Wow.

Falcons were not the creme of the crop last year. Green Bay was. The Falcons are the same bandwagon team that entered the league in 1966

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen all of the drama from regular posters on here that so many of you (like the OP) are constantly referring to.

Are the usual chuckleheads and trolls going to have a field day after the Falcons trot out an embarrassing performance like they did Sunday? Yeah, those people are going to be around like maggots feeding on the corpse of a bad Falcon game...You ignore them and move on.

I've seen a lot of anger and frustration over back to back poor performances against 2 quality opponents (Bears, Packers). The Falcons have been outscored in those games 78-33. Ryan has 1 TD pass and 5 turnovers in those games.

I guess if we all behaved the way the OP wants we would all either ignore those facts or just talk about the Falcons when they perform well.

This is a good team, a strong team.

The fan base should be equally strong and secure enough to discuss unpleasant things and happenings about the team.

it was a terrible, sloppy, mistake ridden game but i am and always will remain a falcons fan through and through. bandwagoners to often have forgotten about how years like 2003 and 2007 were. Until recently the falcons were in the football dark ages and now that they have had success people act like if ryan is not a clone of brady and all our corners dont turn into darrelle revis then we are screwed.

Well for me it comes from watching games over the last 40 years and not having much to brag about. Plus the fact that every time the Falcons look like they are going to make a turn and play with anybody, then go out and look like a team that just came to the show. The last three years have again looked like this team has arrived. Then the playoff game where the team took the last part of the word to heart OFF! I do not like the fact they quit after the 1st half. That shows me a team that quits. Then to come out this year and play like a team that has just started to rebuild. OH for sure I am going to be posting about it in a negative way. It does not say a hate the team. What I am saying is take pride in what you do and do it like your life depends on it. Don’t tell me we will fix it next week. SHOW me it is fixed, prove it to me. Make this CITY PROUD with the heart you put behind the way you play and represent the team and the FANS that have been in this heap for the long haul.

Edited by high impact

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jesus Christ they just don't stop coming, and every single excuse is gayer than the one before it.

"Our team didn't have a lot of time to practice together this offseason because of the lockout"

"Our receivers were covered the whole game, why would we throw it deep if they're covered?"

There was NOTHING wrong with the field at all, as evidenced by the fact that Jay Cutler ripped us a new *** up and down it all day long. STOP WITH THE EXCUSES.

I agree. Elite contenders do not make excuses. They have coaches on the sidelines who rip them when they perform like we did yesterday; contain celebrations when we win to keep the team focused, and encourage them when we lose.

Guest Absconditus

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen all of the drama from regular posters on here that so many of you (like the OP) are constantly referring to.

Are the usual chuckleheads and trolls going to have a field day after the Falcons trot out an embarrassing performance like they did Sunday? Yeah, those people are going to be around like maggots feeding on the corpse of a bad Falcon game...You ignore them and move on.

I've seen a lot of anger and frustration over back to back poor performances against 2 quality opponents (Bears, Packers). The Falcons have been outscored in those games 78-33. Ryan has 1 TD pass and 5 turnovers in those games.

I guess if we all behaved the way the OP wants we would all either ignore those facts or just talk about the Falcons when they perform well.

The fan base should be equally strong and secure enough to discuss unpleasant things and happenings about the team.

audience.gif

Guest mashburn

LOL and you prove my point.

but to reply to this. I don't think me or other true fans of the falcon are making excusses. we are just stating facts. fact is we looked bad in our starting game, that is all. Matt ryan fell on the field, First I have seen him do without being touched. The field is in horrible condition; go ask there players during training camp and pre season. and look at the field at the end of the game.

but anyhow every great team has a bad day and every horrible team will have a great day (except lions). For instance New england lossing to the giants in the playoffs. New england hands down best team. Giants barelly got in, basically a lot of people would say they were close to being like the seahawks last year.

We just had a horrible day. while the "#2 Seed" from last year played well. you do realize they were #2 correct?

The sky would be falling if we played the 2008 lions, 2009 panthers, etc. But in order for me to say we are a horrible team we will have to be shut down constanly, but as of right now we lost by two touchdowns two a #2 seeded team.

Edited by mashburn

Guest Absconditus

LOL and you prove my point.

but to reply to this. I don't think me or other true fans of the falcon are making excusses. we are just stating facts. fact is we looked bad in our starting game, that is all. Matt ryan fell on the field, First I have seen him do without being touched. The field is in horrible condition; go ask there players during training camp and pre season. and look at the field at the end of the game.

but anyhow every great team has a bad day and every horrible team will have a great day (except lions). For instance New england lossing to the giants in the playoffs. New england hands down best team. Giants barelly got in, basically a lot of people would say they were close to being like the seahawks last year.

We just had a horrible day. while the "#2 Seed" from last year played well. you do realize they were #2 correct?

Yeah and enlighten me as to who was the #1 seed last year.

You think Falons fans are bad... I'm an Eagle fan ... people on the EMB are blasting the team and The Eagles won by 18 POINTS!

Edited by Baldawgbites

Yes, and let me add that sometimes we get very passionate, frustrated, angry, and act bad. However, we keep coming back because we love this team. This really isn't anything unique,special or all that original either. It's pretty much what I see out of most fan bases after total collapses on the football field. Oh by the way, people aren't crying. They may burn a few cars, and break a few remotes, but I see no crying. That's an unoriginal, cop out, throw way, overused message board description of fans that have high expectations for their team.

It's a good thing you're not an Alabama fan. You haven't seen meltdown until you experience a tough loss after a Bama game. Makes this forum look tame.

So basically you came back to whine about all the people who expressed disgust over the Falcons' performance over the past six games?

Why don't you read some posts before you spew? If you had bothered reading, you would've had no trouble finding about 20 other whiney-azz homer posts expressing riteous indignation that a few people on this board would dare express an opinion that was not just a mindless, "Yay! Falcons!"

I don't know where you've been, but please GTFO of here and go back there for another few years. Kths homerfudd dbag.

So basically you came back to whine about all the people who expressed disgust over the Falcons' performance over the past six games?

Why don't you read some posts before you spew? If you had bothered reading, you would've had no trouble finding about 20 other whiney-azz homer posts expressing riteous indignation that a few people on this board would dare express an opinion that was not just a mindless, "Yay! Falcons!"

I don't know where you've been, but please GTFO of here and go back there for another few years. Kths homerfudd dbag.

Bitter much? Sounds like you need a hug from your boyfriend.

Guest Absconditus

Yeah Falcons GREAT game Sunday!

Ok, did it make you feel better?

Wow it did!

A little pom-pom shake here and a little pom-pom shake there and that cleared it all up. Who knew that being oblivious to things happening around you was a good way to live? Someone should come up with a saying for that or something. Maybe along the lines of ignorance being blissful or something.

Wow it did!

A little pom-pom shake here and a little pom-pom shake there and that cleared it all up. Who knew that being oblivious to things happening around you was a good way to live? Someone should come up with a saying for that or something. Maybe along the lines of ignorance being blissful or something.

Yeah did not help me at all. I am still hurt at the way the team played.