What's Your Take On Jerry's Play?

Striker42

Watching the game Sunday I didn't notice Jerry much. He had the offside call that should have been a false start, but other than that I don't remember hearing his name called very much. This usually isn't a good sign from a D-lineman. But since I didn't really notice him and wasn't watching for him, I don't know. Was anyone watching for him on Sunday? And if so how do you think he did?

We really need Jerry to bust out this year and be the dominant inside force he was drafted to be. We can't afford another Jamaal Anderson on our hands.

So far it's a wasted pick.......and I'm a huge Ole Miss and Jerry fan.

He still has time to silence all of his critics but if he was going to be a dominant DT we would have seen flashes of it by now....even with the injuries.

He's definatly not penetrating into the backfield like I thought he would, but we're fairly stout up the middle against the run which is a really good thing. Also he's not getting pushed off the line and not letting QB's step up into the pocket letting the DE's clean up. I'd like to see more inside pressure to the QB though.

He was one of Thomas Dimitroff's many bad moves in personnel. He is a solid backup a good player to add depth but he should not have been picked anything higher than 3rd at the most. We missed out big by not getting Hanyesworth when he was available. Imagine Haynesworth and Babs as our starting DTs then Jerry and Peters as back ups, that would be sweet. Haynesworth dominates in the 4-3 and he showed in last nights game he has not lost a step.

Watching the game Sunday I didn't notice Jerry much. He had the offside call that should have been a false start, but other than that I don't remember hearing his name called very much. This usually isn't a good sign from a D-lineman. But since I didn't really notice him and wasn't watching for him, I don't know. Was anyone watching for him on Sunday? And if so how do you think he did?

We really need Jerry to bust out this year and be the dominant inside force he was drafted to be. We can't afford another Jamaal Anderson on our hands.

I've been saying Peria sucks since the year we drafted him. He hasn't done anything since we passed on Clay Matthews to bring him here.

Got his job took by a third rounder. Had a shot at Cutler Sunday and slapped at his thigh pad.

I have been working on a good bust nickname for him for months now and I think I'm gonna settle in on:

Peria Jelly.

I've been saying Peria sucks since the year we drafted him. He hasn't done anything since we passed on Clay Matthews to bring him here.

Got his job took by a third rounder. Had a shot at Cutler Sunday and slapped at his thigh pad.

I have been working on a good bust nickname for him for months now and I think I'm gonna settle in on:

Peria Jelly.

Unless something changes real soon, how the heck does he handle those two saints hosses? Look at our sked, top to bottom should be a real concern. Does he even understand that he now has to fill babineaux's role like right away... this sunday night? I want to see some mean streak w/ hair on fire... geeez this can get serious real quick...

I've been saying Peria sucks since the year we drafted him. He hasn't done anything since we passed on Clay Matthews to bring him here. Got his job took by a third rounder. Had a shot at Cutler Sunday and slapped at his thigh pad. I have been working on a good bust nickname for him for months now and I think I'm gonna settle in on: Peria Jelly.

i never really liked the Jerry pick, and i had a bad feeling telling me he was gonna bust, but the pass up Clay Matthews card is not really fair either. i believe 24 teams other than the falcons passed on him with their first pick as well... even green bay, who had another 1st round pick.

i personally wanted either Michael Oher (taken right before us, darn it) or Vontae Davis, and i had a thing for Maualuga as well, although i did feel it might be a reach. (and had hoped a little for Brandon Pettigrew, but was pretty sure he would be off the board)

Edited by FalconsfanDK

He's average at best. He's not a total scrub or anything but he certainly isn't playing like a 1st rounder and I can't think of 1 impact play he has made in his career.

I agree..very average. Need better play from the interior. Defense is just sad al the way around. Outside pass rush is good; but we're still giving up yards after yard, first downs after first downs. Is Jerry going to change that? No.