Nfc South Stats

saintmtillage

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team with even the most remote possibility of making the playoffs added to the list...

In an interesting side note, with the Giants losing to us on Monday Night Football, if the season ended today, the Saints would host the Falcons in the wild card round of the playoffs. We need to win out and have the 49ers lose one more game so we can grab the number 2 seed and a first round bye in the playoffs now!

Actually I believe we would have to win out and the 49ers drop two games. One of their losses is to Baltimore which is an AFC team while all three of our losses are to NFC teams.

PPG........

Tier 1 = 1-5 (Elite) ranking Saints.

Tier 2 = 6-10(Great) ranking Panthers

Tier 3 = 11-15(decent) ranking

Tier 4 = 16-20(average) ranking Falcons.

Tier 5 = 21-25(below average) ranking Bucs

Tier 6 = 26-30(sucky) ranking

Tier 7 = 31-32(atrocious) ranking

Hey. Tier 2 is not that bad. Last year, Panthers were a tier 7 offense in scoring. Brutal.

Edited by pox 08

Every team with even the most remote possibility of making the playoffs added to the list...

In an interesting side note, with the Giants losing to us on Monday Night Football, if the season ended today, the Saints would host the Falcons in the wild card round of the playoffs. We need to win out and have the 49ers lose one more game so we can grab the number 2 seed and a first round bye in the playoffs now!

Wouldn't you all LOVE the opportunity to get the Falcons back in the Mercedes dome again for the second time in less than 3 or 4 weeks?

PPG........

Tier 1 = 1-5 (Elite) ranking Saints.

Tier 2 = 6-10(Great) ranking Panthers

Tier 3 = 11-15(decent) ranking

Tier 4 = 16-20(average) ranking Falcons.

Tier 5 = 21-25(below average) ranking Bucs

Tier 6 = 26-30(sucky) ranking

Tier 7 = 31-32(atrocious) ranking

Hey. Tier 2 is not that bad. Last year, Panthers were a tier 7 offense in scoring. Brutal.

HUGE difference for your offense, the sad part is the DEF is completely opposite as well! lol

Wouldn't you all LOVE the opportunity to get the Falcons back in the Mercedes dome again for the second time in less than 3 or 4 weeks?

YES, WE would!

NO scoring defense is getting alot better

Yep, the last four opponents have averaged less than three touchdowns. Three failed to rush for 100 yards. CJ2K completely shutdown. Worst rushing D in the league? rolleyes.gif

All are teams with winning records, btw. Two on the road.

They're 6th in 3rd down D, just behind the Texans and ahead of the Niners.

Yep, the last four opponents have averaged less than three touchdowns. Three failed to rush for 100 yards. CJ2K completely shutdown. Worst rushing D in the league? rolleyes.gif

#1 on O in third down % and #6 on D on 3rd down stops

thats two very good stats

Our run D has been better the last three or four games. They were really good against the Titains. It came down to three plays. The two deep passes late that were the same post route. And the long pass play off the miss tackle by Roberson.

Our run D has been better the last three or four games. They were really good against the Titains. It came down to three plays. The two deep passes late that were the same post route. And the long pass play off the miss tackle by Roberson.

PRob has done a rather poor job of tackling people off those curl routes

Malcolm Jenkins, however, has done an awesome job of making the play that no one else seems to make on any given snap. Early on in the season it seemed like he was taking bad angles and playing out of position but man he's been flying into the ball from like nowhere lately.

Malcolm Jenkins, however, has done an awesome job of making the play that no one else seems to make on any given snap. Early on in the season it seemed like he was taking bad angles and playing out of position but man he's been flying into the ball from like nowhere lately.

i really think the calls on D are taking him way to far out of alot of plays.

Carolina. 3-1 over the last 4 games. Sadly, they seem to play better on the road, since all 3 of those wins are road wins.

I'll say it again. I can't wait to see the defense after Rivera has an entire off season to get it just the way he wants it.

Edited by pox 08

man carolina is starting to look scary... and i thought newton was gonna be garbage but he sure is proving me wrong. look for the NFCS to be a tough division in a few years

try next year. another offseason and healthy players back means a scary Carolina team. Also, we all know Tampa is capable of playing better than they have so if they get a new coach who knows what happens

man carolina is starting to look scary... and i thought newton was gonna be garbage but he sure is proving me wrong. look for the NFCS to be a tough division in a few years

We looked stacked top to bottom at QB in the division.

Ryan

Newton

Brees

Freeman (i think he can get it back on track once raheem and co are fired)