Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

packfntk

Vick Question

hahaa ignorant person...when michael jordan went back to chicago to play the bulls as a washington wizards....many bulls fans wore 23....are they ignorant? can't they just be fans rooting for michael to do well

Are you really comparing Vick to Jordan?

Most Atlanta Hawk fans have a player they love more than the rest who plays for another team. Mines is Kobe Bryant. I love Kobe, I love his game and think highly of him. Just because he plays for the Lakers doesn't make me hate him or not a Hawks fan?

Like Kobe all you want. That's fine. However, if you cheer for Kobe when he strides onto the court to play the Hawks, I'll call you a crappy Hawks fan, and I won't apologize for it.

Dudes !!!! I'm as white as it gets and I have two count 'em (2!) Vick jerseys with sewn on letters - the real deals - authentic that I wore with pride when he was here. I didn't care what color he was. He was OUR quarterback, MY quarterback and I loved him. Now I think he is an idiot. A fool for what he did to us. Anyone who wears a Vick Falcons jersey on Sunday and is remotely a Falcons fan is also an idiot and a fool. Because, the reason they'll wear the **** thing has nothing to do with football.

People in Atlanta still like Vick. They believe that Vick is a better QB than Ryan. They hate that he's not playing here. They don't want to understand why he's not here. So they may wear their Vick Jerseys as if to say, "I told ya so." Honestly, it doesn't bother me and I can't figure out why it bothers other individuals so much. I have a Vick Jersey, but you'll NEVER see me with it on because I'm loyal to the Falcons. I don't understand why grown men are worried about what another person wears to the game and who he cheers for as if clothes and noise will determine the outcome of the game.

Yeah, like I said when 4 came to lambeau anyone wearing a Green 4 and cheering for him might as well put on purple. I wish the "Packer" fans that bought purple jersey's when he went there will stay Viking fans forever, obviously you root for the name on the back of the jersey, not the jersey itself.

You cannot have both. You can cheer for separate players that are on other teams all season long, but when they are the opposition they are the enemy. You are not a falcon fan if you are cheering for Vick on Sunday.

Here's the thing. Most people that will be cheering for Vick are not eagirl fans nor are they Falcons fans. They are Vick fans. In this economy, they won't go out & spend money to buy new filly gear with Vick on it. They will just wear the old stuff they bought years back. These people have no allegiance to any team. They will follow Vick where ever he goes. For most of them, this will be their only Falcons game they see all season. For some it is a black/white issue and that's sad. I think the people who have this as the core issue are in the minority, even though the media tries to portray that differently. There are white fans who don't like Vick because he's black & there are black fans who support Vick only because he was our last black QB (not counting Leftwich in that, he wasn't here long enough) & they won't support any QB who is white. But for most, I think the divide is more philosophical. The Vick supporters follow and support a player rather than a team. They are willing to forgive and excuse away anything that player does & they don't like anyone who disagrees. Other people follow teams and let the players come & go. When a player leaves the team to play somewhere else, that player is the enemy. With what Vick did to this franchise, he went to a much higher status that just enemy and that divides those that follow Vick & those that follow the Falcons deeply.

you can bet the people that show up with falcon vick jerseys will be the "ignorant" ones and the rest of the real falcon fans will have current falcon player jerseys on.

I see what your saying, thats really disrespecting Matt Ryan and Mike Smith and all that they have done for this football season. 3 winning seasons in a row. I don`t see how you can be a true falcons fan and wear vick jerseys to the game, not dissing on Vick at all i`m a big Vick fan actually but thats just a little over the top.

Here's the thing. Most people that will be cheering for Vick are not eagirl fans nor are they Falcons fans. They are Vick fans. In this economy, they won't go out & spend money to buy new filly gear with Vick on it. They will just wear the old stuff they bought years back. These people have no allegiance to any team. They will follow Vick where ever he goes. For most of them, this will be their only Falcons game they see all season. For some it is a black/white issue and that's sad. I think the people who have this as the core issue are in the minority, even though the media tries to portray that differently. There are white fans who don't like Vick because he's black & there are black fans who support Vick only because he was our last black QB (not counting Leftwich in that, he wasn't here long enough) & they won't support any QB who is white. But for most, I think the divide is more philosophical. The Vick supporters follow and support a player rather than a team. They are willing to forgive and excuse away anything that player does & they don't like anyone who disagrees. Other people follow teams and let the players come & go. When a player leaves the team to play somewhere else, that player is the enemy. With what Vick did to this franchise, he went to a much higher status that just enemy and that divides those that follow Vick & those that follow the Falcons deeply.

amen brutha

I see what your saying, thats really disrespecting Matt Ryan and Mike Smith and all that they have done for this football season. 3 winning seasons in a row. I don`t see how you can be a true falcons fan and wear vick jerseys to the game, not dissing on Vick at all i`m a big Vick fan actually but thats just a little over the top.

But the point is: They are not true Falcon Fans...they are Vick fans. I wonder if anyone has ever worn a Vick Falcons Jersey to a Philly Game.

But the point is: They are not true Falcon Fans...they are Vick fans. I wonder if anyone has ever worn a Vick Falcons Jersey to a Philly Game.

I doubt it, Eagles fans would probably call them idiots as well. But I think the point everybody is trying to make concerning this Mike Vick / Falcon jersey rooting for mike vick is, It's going to make the fanbase look wack on tv.

Cause to some folks who don't understand the situation, will be like why did the stadium cheer when the Eagles scored? I agree if you are gonna root for Vick wear philly colors and root for him no probs. Don't come dressed in his old falcons jersey and root for him. I mean come on if you at the game times for you are not that tough and you can order or buy a eagles/vick t-shirt or some bullcrap

you don't have to be white, blue, green, yellow or purple to have a sincere dislike for this rummy M Vick... he wasted a lot of Falcon time... showed little respect... and killed dogs...

he might be sorry for it but i think its all about the Benjamins... he found out what it was to be poor... and a handler cleaned his act up and pushed him through the right doors... does not mean i don't want to see the team put the Ghost of M Vick to bed once and for all.

Here's my take:

Many here know I was a huge Vick fan when he played for us. He is a flat out player. Trust me. Made plays for us. Still makin plays in PHI. I'm not just a Falcon fan, I am an NFL fan. Since the 60s. Dude is one of the best I've ever seen. Never really seen anything like him.

Yeah he made some mistakes with the blount, the bottle, the bird and the beagles but he has served his time, gotten a new start and seems to be making the best of it. I am happy for him.

With that said, I would like to see Abe do what he did to him in 2005 when he was with the Jets. A kill shot from WillyMo would be nice. Maybe a pick by Grimes to seal the deal?

I tell you what though, if he comes down here and claims another Dome, the fan base will be split again, the board willl shut down and the FO will start pointing fingers.

I doubt it, Eagles fans would probably call them idiots as well. But I think the point everybody is trying to make concerning this Mike Vick / Falcon jersey rooting for mike vick is, It's going to make the fanbase look wack on tv.

Cause to some folks who don't understand the situation, will be like why did the stadium cheer when the Eagles scored? I agree if you are gonna root for Vick wear philly colors and root for him no probs. Don't come dressed in his old falcons jersey and root for him. I mean come on if you at the game times for you are not that tough and you can order or buy a eagles/vick t-shirt or some bullcrap

These people are doing it out of spite. They buy their tix and wear their Vick Jersies in protest. They also do this at a risk. All we have to do is take care of business. The problem is...we don't take care of business in primetime games. So the Vick fans show up KNOWING we won't win just to say I told you so...so who's left looking stupid?

**** I may be ignorant to this issue, but is there racial problems in ATL? Like bad stuff?

Not like it's playing out on the boards. Trust me. Half the people complaining about this don't even go to the game to even know. One thing about Atlanta sports, if you don't produce you will get booed. The fans will turn on you. If the Falcons give any sort of a hint that they are incapable of competing....it WILL get ugly and loud. They will cheer for Vick. Basketball is even worse. They will cheer for the other star in a heartbeat. It's not racial. I was born and raised in the heart of the city of Atlanta. Once it was determined that Vick wasn't coming back and Matt had that outstanding rookie year, they moved on. It's this board that's making it an issue. Half the stuff said here would never be said at the Dome. There has been live arguments about whos the better QB, but that always happen at a game. Take a Vick fan and a Ryan/Falcon fan add alcohol and lop-sided score...it could get pretty interesting...but that's not race....that's stupidity.