Vick Question

packfntk

So I have been reading and there still seems to be a lot of talk of Vick. Just wanted to gather some thoughts on it, how bad will it be this weekend in the GA Dome?

When Favre came to Lambeau, we saw Packer fans wear purple, heards of Viking fans show up, and we boo'd the old man the entire game. Can we expect to see the same type of thing here? I cannot wait to see what the atmosphere is like on Sunday night. Fill me in with your thoughts. Thanks!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't the ones in Vick jerseys be fans of Vick, why do they all have to be "ignorant " people? Since when does everyone need to cheer for the same team or same people and be ignorant if they don't? It's this kind of mentality that is prevalent with regards to Vick and will be the reason there will be many fights.

Why can't the ones in Vick jerseys be fans of Vick, why do they all have to be "ignorant " people? Since when does everyone need to cheer for the same team or same people and be ignorant if they don't? It's this kind of mentality that is prevalent with regards to Vick and will be the reason there will be many fights.

They can cheer for any team they want, but if they have one team's jersey on, and cheer for the other team, then I would have to question their intelligence ;) And certainly their allegiance.

Look, if you wanna pull for Vick, then at least pony up and buy a Philly jersey for crissakes.

I've heard from dome security that anyone wearing a Falcons #7 jersey and pulling for Philly will be asked to remove it.

Anyone can be a fan of Vick , but any fan of Vick IS NOT A FALCON FAN .

After what he did to this town and this team anyone who is still a Vick fan was never a Falcons fan anyway they were just Vick fans from the start

So I have been reading and there still seems to be a lot of talk of Vick. Just wanted to gather some thoughts on it, how bad will it be this weekend in the GA Dome?

When Favre came to Lambeau, we saw Packer fans wear purple, heards of Viking fans show up, and we boo'd the old man the entire game. Can we expect to see the same type of thing here? I cannot wait to see what the atmosphere is like on Sunday night. Fill me in with your thoughts. Thanks!

I like ya packfntk, you were a cool rival fan last year and good opposing view points. From a FALCONS fan view point sunday night will be a nightmare.

It will be a racially divided dome and very hostile amongst our own fans. While not true 100% of the time, the Vick divide here in atlanta is mostly split down racial lines. If you like him it's b/c he's black. If you hate him, it's because he's black. There will be ALOT of people as well wearing Vick falcons jerseys cheering for Vick while still claiming to be Falcons fans as well as lot of Eagle Fans, and actual Falcon fans.

there is such a nasty divide and hatred for Vick and his fans from most of his detractors and hatred of his detractors from most of Vick fans, it's just ugly. It's a game the NFL has wanted for a very long time, and is going to be a gut wrenching and very disturbing scene in the dome if the Iggles win and Ryan plays poorly. You'll have Falcons jersey's and fans cheering as if they had just won the game. That's what happened his last visit here.

It's like anything else in life that involves the gathering of more than 3 people....

There will be idiots on both sides of "the argument" who will be looking to inject their particular views upon others.

Like always, people should respect other folks and their viewpoints while minding and tending to their own business....

....and like always a select (hopefully small) number of idiots won't and there'll be a few dustups.

I like ya packfntk, you were a cool rival fan last year and good opposing view points. From a FALCONS fan view point sunday night will be a nightmare.

It will be a racially divided dome and very hostile amongst our own fans. While not true 100% of the time, the Vick divide here in atlanta is mostly split down racial lines. If you like him it's b/c he's black. If you hate him, it's because he's black. There will be ALOT of people as well wearing Vick falcons jerseys cheering for Vick while still claiming to be Falcons fans as well as lot of Eagle Fans, and actual Falcon fans.

there is such a nasty divide and hatred for Vick and his fans from most of his detractors and hatred of his detractors from most of Vick fans, it's just ugly. It's a game the NFL has wanted for a very long time, and is going to be a gut wrenching and very disturbing scene in the dome if the Iggles win and Ryan plays poorly. You'll have Falcons jersey's and fans cheering as if they had just won the game. That's what happened his last visit here.

While that is mostly true it's not entirely true.

I don't care that he's black. I'm pissed because he was supposed to be OUR guy, (Atlanta Falcons) He was supposed to be the one to take us to the promised land and be our superstar.

Then the whole thing happens because of his EXTREMELY poor decisions and we later find out he never put in the work while he was here. It took a while but I got over that.

What really sent me over the edge was the GQ article... where he basically ***** on the organization and Atlanta and says he wished he was drafted by the Eagles.

It takes a pretty ignorant person to wear a Falcons jersey and root for the other team. If someone wants to wear an Eagles Vick jersey and root for the Eagles that is perfectly fine by me. If someone wants to wear a Falcons Vick jersey and root for the Eagles... that's not okay.

Yeah, like I said when 4 came to lambeau anyone wearing a Green 4 and cheering for him might as well put on purple. I wish the "Packer" fans that bought purple jersey's when he went there will stay Viking fans forever, obviously you root for the name on the back of the jersey, not the jersey itself.

You cannot have both. You can cheer for separate players that are on other teams all season long, but when they are the opposition they are the enemy. You are not a falcon fan if you are cheering for Vick on Sunday.

I don't care that he's black. I'm pissed because he was supposed to be OUR guy, (Atlanta Falcons) He was supposed to be the one to take us to the promised land and be our superstar.

Then the whole thing happens because of his EXTREMELY poor decisions and we later find out he never put in the work while he was here. It took a while but I got over that.

What really sent me over the edge was the GQ article... where he basically ***** on the organization and Atlanta and says he wished he was drafted by the Eagles.

I can agree completley with your statement, that's why i clarified not 100%.

I was a HUGE Vick supporter while he was here. Defended him flicking off the fans, taking MJ on the plane with him, (couldn't support the Ron Mexico bit though). But after everything he did to this franchise i moved on. He's not our QB, and i want him to have the worst game of his career every time we play him.

I was a HUGE brooking fan. He was my favorite player all the way until we cut him. Now i hope he has the worst game of his career everytime we play Dallas.

No one player that used to be here will make me cheer for them over the Falcons

Here is my take on it, first and for most, anybody that still supports Vick is not ignorant. Believe it or not, there are people that can still support a team while cheering for another player on another team, in this situation, that would be Vick.

At the end of the day, we all need to realize that Vick is admired by most people in Atlanta. Vick is a reason why a lot of players wanted to come to atlanta. If we are honest with ourselves, Vick is one of the main reason Blank bought the team. Why is that, its just the way he rejuvenated a franchise. You can hate him all you want, but the reality is, the GA Dome is still Vick's house. Now this sucks for Ryan because he will never get the admiration that Vick got and still gets in this city. Most Vick fans actually like Ryan, **** I do and I want the best for him, but they admire Vick. Not just because he is unique football player, but because his story is becoming a compelling one and one that will probably still be talked about years from now. And most people know how to forgive.

At the time, the Eagles were a more stable and better ran organization. He didn't **** on the Falcons, but he made a statement that he felt true in his heart. With Coach Mora and his staff, and Blank wanting to be his friend, there was really no structure in his professional life. That what he admitted in his article. The organization at that time basically let Vick do what he wanted to do. Now that doesn't by any way shape or form excuse what he did. I will never condone that, but I do understand the need of wanting to be somewhere where there is structure. When Philly picked him up, they put him on third string and said you are going to do things our way or you will get cut. A humble Vick at that time new what time it was and new that his name alone wasn't going to get him to the to the top of that organization. He would have to work for it. Even the owner of the Eagles said that Vick is going to have to make a commitment. here and to the city and show us that he is a changed man. They basically put order and structure in his life. Something that was missing at that time in Atlanta. A lot of players crave and want that. Why do you think so many players want to play in New England.

Here is my take on it, first and for most, anybody that still supports Vick is not ignorant. Believe it or not, there are people that can still support a team while cheering for another player on another team, in this situation, that would be Vick.

At the end of the day, we all need to realize that Vick is admired by most people in Atlanta. Vick is a reason why a lot of players wanted to come to atlanta. If we are honest with ourselves, Vick is one of the main reason Blank bought the team. Why is that, its just the way he rejuvenated a franchise. You can hate him all you want, but the reality is, the GA Dome is still Vick's house. Now this sucks for Ryan because he will never get the admiration that Vick got and still gets in this city. Most Vick fans actually like Ryan, **** I do and I want the best for him, but they admire Vick. Not just because he is unique football player, but because his story is becoming a compelling one and one that will probably still be talked about years from now. And most people know how to forgive.

Like I said above, you can cheer for Vick if you want and you are not ignorant, but if you cheer for him on Sunday you are not a Falcon Fan, you are a Vick fan. He is the enemy.

Anyone can be a fan of Vick , but any fan of Vick IS NOT A FALCON FAN .

After what he did to this town and this team anyone who is still a Vick fan was never a Falcons fan anyway they were just Vick fans from the start

I think this is pretty much spot on...

They can cheer for any team they want, but if they have one team's jersey on, and cheer for the other team, then I would have to question their intelligence ;) And certainly their allegiance.

Look, if you wanna pull for Vick, then at least pony up and buy a Philly jersey for crissakes.

I've heard from dome security that anyone wearing a Falcons #7 jersey and pulling for Philly will be asked to remove it.

Wow, I hope this is true!

At the time, the Eagles were a more stable and better ran organization. He didn't **** on the Falcons, but he made a statement that he felt true in his heart. With Coach Mora and his staff, and Blank wanting to be his friend, there was really no structure in his professional life. That what he admitted in his article. The organization at that time basically let Vick do what he wanted to do. Now that doesn't by any way shape or form excuse what he did. I will never condone that, but I do understand the need of wanting to be somewhere where there is structure. When Philly picked him up, they put him on third string and said you are going to do things our way or you will get cut. A humble Vick at that time new what time it was and new that his name alone wasn't going to get him to the to the top of that organization. He would have to work for it. Even the owner of the Eagles said that Vick is going to have to make a commitment. here and to the city and show us that he is a changed man. They basically put order and structure in his life. Something that was missing at that time in Atlanta. A lot of players crave and want that. Why do you think so many players want to play in New England.

OK, I'll agree at the time the Eagles were a much better run organization.

Blank was WAAAAAAY too close with Vick and gave him anything he wanted and tried to mold the franchise around him. Everything that the Falcons did in those days was based around Vick instead of the team.

And I will disagree when it comes to Vick craving and wanting structure in his life at the time... Dan Reeves was here and was providing both order and structure. But Dan Reeves was fired by Blank.

Honestly I think if Vick REALLY wanted Reeves to stay Blank would have not fired him. How many 20 year olds do you know that want and crave structure? I know I didn't at the time... and I wasn't a millionaire professional athlete. They tend to have large egos.

The bottom line is: Why come to the game posing as a Falcons fan with your Falcons jersey (no matter the jersey number or name on the back), but then cheer for the other team or player on the other team? I hate ignorance and stupidity. Stuff likes this just makes our city and organization look very foolish and silly before the entire nation. I was going to go to the game, but I am keeping my fat azz right here at the house. I am not even going to go out, either. I will be utterly embarrassed just to be out and about around fans of other teams and see this atrocity.

Pathetic!

This would have been my very first game, but I'd rather spend my first game money on another good home game like the Saints game or something.

OK, I'll agree at the time the Eagles were a much better run organization.

Blank was WAAAAAAY too close with Vick and gave him anything he wanted and tried to mold the franchise around him. Everything that the Falcons did in those days was based around Vick instead of the team.

And I will disagree when it comes to Vick craving and wanting structure in his life at the time... Dan Reeves was here and was providing both order and structure. But Dan Reeves was fired by Blank.

Honestly I think if Vick REALLY wanted Reeves to stay Blank would have not fired him. How many 20 year olds do you know that want and crave structure? I know I didn't at the time... and I wasn't a millionaire professional athlete. They tend to have large egos.

Now that I think about it, you are right bro. I think one of the worse things that happened to Vick professionally was when Reeve got fired. I never really understood that but hey, Blank was the owner and he gets the last call. I do think it would have been a totally different outcome if Reeve would have stayed.

The bottom line is: Why come to the game posing as a Falcons fan with your Falcons jersey (no matter the jersey number or name on the back), but then cheer for the other team or player on the other team? I hate ignorance and stupidity. Stuff likes this just makes our city and organization look very foolish and silly before the entire nation. I was going to go to the game, but I am keeping my fat azz right here at the house. I am not even going to go out, either. I will be utterly embarrassed just to be out and about around fans of other teams and see this atrocity.

Pathetic!

Not everyone that comes to the game is a Ryan fan. So are you saying those individuals should get an Eagles jersey? If so, then just say that, but it sounds like you are saying that people are stupid for wearing a Vick Falcons Jersey and cheering for him. Maybe they can't afford an Eagles jersey.

Archived