Perspective And Individual Grades......

lostnmexico

Ok......lets digest and to borrow from Dennis Greens famous diatribe.....Are WE "who we thought we were?"

Obvious answer is no.

No sense in blaming the fans as we don't coach the players, don't miss tackles or assignments, and we sure as **** don't call the plays because we might go TD Jesus on every down with the core of recievers.

Tony Gonzalez was our best weapon Sunday. Why we did not target him in the red zone is beyond me! Why we didn't target anyone in the Red Zone is beyond me! Still he gets an A!

Mike Turner could have had an A but backs who put it on the ground get docked points. Mike gets a C minus as he put the ball on the groung AND go caught from behind! Julio, Roddy, get down there and get in somebody's way next time so Mike can take it to the house. Don't sit back and watch him get caught!

Roddy White....will give you a B - as you did some things but you failed to score.

Julio Jones......You get a B as your learning curve appears to be shortening. You met expectations despite no score. You made yards after the catch and I look forward to seeing you next week against the Dream Team.

Joe Hawley...........Despite the jailbreaks I give you a break with a C. You were in your first start and really did the best you could under the circumstances trying to make the linecalls and all. That said...hope McClure is back next week.

Garrett Reynolds...........You get no such break. F- your pass protection resembles something from Dances With Wolves. Unfortunately, those weren't spirits. They were Bears and they were all over your QB.

Justin Blaylock.........C........you planted a few safeties but the pass protection was inadecuate. Maybe you sprained your neck looking at the Jailbreaks to the left and the right of you.

Tyson Clabo........D.........There is more to life than run blocking. Your feet were as slow as your ability to digest what was going on with the Bears pass rush! THEY WERE NOT BLITZING! Get on someone and keep him off Matts Back!

Sam Baker..............The Touchdown Maker for other teams defenses......EPIC FAIL! F F F F F F and one more F for F your friggin effort and lack of balls you spineless no blocking wanna be Left Tackle! Dump the beard and the Grizzly Adams crap and Block Somebody!

Matt Ryan......no breaks here .....you started the game like 13 for 14 or some such then threw the friggin pick. After that........YOU FRIGGIN QUIT! YOU QUIT! You failed to challenge the Bears although running for your life but you Failed to step up......nay....failed to Rise Up to the challenge! You Quit! F for your effort. F for your Leadership! F for the classic I am just gonna play safe and try not to look too bad and sell my team down the river performance! Thats not what winners do! Thats what quitters do!

Now to the D:

Abraham..........A+.........Love your motor man!

Bierman...........C........Sacks and TDs are nice but how can you forget to cover your man with your back against the end zone?

Edwards........D.......as for Did he even play Sunday.

Babs, Ovie....Inc.

Jerry, Walker, and Powell........B you looked good. Dare to be better

Weatherspoon.......Baby Lion...It ain't easy being sleezy but thats just what you were on Sunday tryin to Bump ugglies with Mattie Forte! You are supposed to be a star on the weakside. You looked like the second coming of Bad Brooking out there! Tons of downfield takles and no real playmaking ability. I hope this isnt you because right now YOU ARE who many Thought you were...an overblown athlete devoid of fundamental football skills and instincts! I was looking for Mike Petersen all day! I really was! At least he hits people and makes them fall!

Lofton.......B........I saw better mobility from him than in the past and he did challenge people.

Nicholas.....C.........Some really good plays....some really bad angles. Blame the coach. Its easy to do that these days!

William Moore........D.......where were you? I thought you were gonna give Forte the love he deserves! Instead he left you at the alter in search of a better payday! You guys made him look like Marshall Faulk in his prime! Disgusting!

Thomas DeCoud.......Always defended you on this board. NO MORE! EPIC FAIL! I have neer seen a player look so out of tune with what is going on with the opponents offense and someone so out of position. That said, I have seen Chris Houston, your teamate Cris Owens, Charles Dimry, Bruce Pickens, Slim Pickins, Buck Owens, Roy Clark and Minnie Pearle. All of em could have played better safety that you did on Sunday! Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me!

Ditto for Dunta Robinson and Chris Owens. How can you look at yourself in the mirror after a half hearted effort like that? I hope you both get haunted by the ghost of Christmas past as you guys gave gift after gift after gift to Jay Cutler and Company....so many gifts that Chicago broke the Bank on our A$$!

Grimes......you can't do it all little man!

Anway some random comments.....neg me, plus me, ignore me, abhor me...but this loss AND THE WAY WE LOST is the most frustrating moment I have had as a Falcons fan since the 49ers took a day trip up Highway 22 making Charles Dimry an expletive so henious that I never thought I would see a sorrier defensive back in an Atlanta Uniform. Sunday I saw two for sure in Dunta and Owens.

Coaching.....so bad it defies a letter grade. I just want to cuss Mike Smith's image over and over because I truly love this team and they truly let me down. It's kinda like coming home to your wife finding her in bed with another woman and telling you to shut the door because you should have supported her more. Bullsh!t! She is gonna get what she deserves which is an A$$whippin or a divorce!

They must play better on Sunday. Last thing I wanna do is loose to Vick again!

Edited by lostnmexico

I want to start seeing some *** chewing on the sidelines by our coaches to their players much like Charlie Weis did in New England with his offense; and, Brady was not immune to this ***-chewing, either. They need a fire lit up their azz whenever we play like that.

I want to start seeing some *** chewing on the sidelines by our coaches to their players much like Charlie Weis did in New England with his offense; and, Brady was not immune to this ***-chewing, either. They need a fire lit up their azz whenever we play like that.

I agree, the coaching staff is too complacent. We need to let Turner loose this Sunday. I want to see a heavy dose of turner and play action off of it.

Edited by Shnikies

Callin it like I see it! Maybe it was a bunch of Mularkey....Maybe not. Keep remembering Roddy's comments in the preseason that MATT needs to throw the ball down field this year! I saw a QB spooked into impotence! Yep. I stand by what I said. Looks like he QUIT after the pick. Definitely was two different Matt Ryans. Maybe he was concussed and that's why he quit!

So noted Robertap and I will stand corrected but I disagree that he was the best LB on the field. Lofton played his role in the middle very well. Thats why the Bears attacked us on the corners of our Defense. I am calming down bit by bit as I was drunk on the idea of a Falcons Juggernaut all the way to Lombardiland! Chicago was a humbling remainder that we are only as good as the sum of our parts and some of our parts appear to be Chinese knock offs that cant withstand the heat or mettle of an NFL pressure package! Hopefully, the Eagles will bring a better result!

Hope: A measure of things believed in and not yet seen! C'mon guys show me!

Then I can graduate to faith but right now its only hope! Hope Babs is ok too!

Coaching.....so bad it defies a letter grade. I just want to cuss Mike Smith's image over and over because I truly love this team and they truly let me down. It's kinda like coming home to your wife finding her in bed with another woman and telling you to shut the door because you should have supported her more. Bullsh!t! She is gonna get what she deserves which is an A$$whippin or a divorce!

Dude, you're like a writer or somethin. That was totally the most poetic write up I ever read.

I was about to say the same thing. The OP deserves a Pulitzer for the bold comment alone.

Thanks guys. I have written quite a bit earlier in my life covering local sports where I grew up in Jackson and writing extensively while attending Mercer in Macon. Don't get to write much here in Mexico though....its all Spanish!

Back to Football though......we really need to reevaluate where we are as a team and if the current regime can deliver a Lombardi Trophy. I am really beginning to doubt it based on the comments from the coaching staff of the previous week. Here is a real good article on AJC as well:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-fans/2011/09/15/wobbly-falcons-host-dream-team-eagles/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_fans

Smith was quoted as saying that “we’re only going to take what the defense gives us” (paraphrasing). Mularkey said “we’re not going to force the deep ball if it’s not there.” And Van Gorder said that they were “behind in tackling” because “we just haven’t had that many opportunities to tackle.” So let’s see if we can get this straight, you talk all offseason about being “explosive,” which by association means being aggressive, and this is what you give after being steamrolled 30-12 in the season opener?

Fans are sick to death of hearing about how new defensive additions to the team “aren’t ready because they haven’t learned the defensive system.” What’s so difficult about Van Gorder’s defensive system? Drop your All-Pro defensive end 15 yards down the field to cover receivers on 3rd down: check. Give 10 yard soft cheese zones that receivers can run circles around: check. Never send creative blitz schemes and stunts: check. When you do blitz, run the most telling and obvious blitz in the world (telegraphed nickel blitz) that never works: check. Allow offenses to convert their 3rd downs, regardless of how far they have to go: check. Seems pretty easy to most of us.

In all seriousness, hard to believe we won’t see James Sanders and Kelvin Hayden in this game with all the Eagles speed and offensive talent in the pass game. Sanders experience would be much appreciated and Hayden’s potential as a desperately needed, legit nickel back would surely be welcome. Just get them in the game and stop with the “difficult defensive system” stuff.

Really like what I have seen from Dawson Devitt as a writer. Much more agressive than the other guy at the ajc.

Man some of that shlt was funny as hail. You should help me come up with some good bust nicknames for Peria and DeCoud. Right now I like the two I'm thinking about but I'm always game for something better. Last year when I first deemed Baker a bust I was thinking about Shake N Baker but Tandy blew that out of the water with SackMakerBaker. So far I'm going with Peria Jelly and DeCloud. You know when an NFL QB needs a first down or touchdown they go "to DeCloud".

Man some of that shlt was funny as hail. You should help me come up with some good bust nicknames for Peria and DeCoud. Right now I like the two I'm thinking about but I'm always game for something better. Last year when I first deemed Baker a bust I was thinking about Shake N Baker but Tandy blew that out of the water with SackMakerBaker. So far I'm going with Peria Jelly and DeCloud. You know when an NFL QB needs a first down or touchdown they go "to DeCloud".

Peria Jelly is money! But let me suggest DeClawed instead of DeCloud.

Ok......lets digest and to borrow from Dennis Greens famous diatribe.....Are WE "who we thought we were?"

Obvious answer is no.

No sense in blaming the fans as we don't coach the players, don't miss tackles or assignments, and we sure as **** don't call the plays because we might go TD Jesus on every down with the core of recievers.

Tony Gonzalez was our best weapon Sunday. Why we did not target him in the red zone is beyond me! Why we didn't target anyone in the Red Zone is beyond me! Still he gets an A!

Mike Turner could have had an A but backs who put it on the ground get docked points. Mike gets a C minus as he put the ball on the groung AND go caught from behind! Julio, Roddy, get down there and get in somebody's way next time so Mike can take it to the house. Don't sit back and watch him get caught!

Roddy White....will give you a B - as you did some things but you failed to score.

Julio Jones......You get a B as your learning curve appears to be shortening. You met expectations despite no score. You made yards after the catch and I look forward to seeing you next week against the Dream Team.

Joe Hawley...........Despite the jailbreaks I give you a break with a C. You were in your first start and really did the best you could under the circumstances trying to make the linecalls and all. That said...hope McClure is back next week.

Garrett Reynolds...........You get no such break. F- your pass protection resembles something from Dances With Wolves. Unfortunately, those weren't spirits. They were Bears and they were all over your QB.

Justin Blaylock.........C........you planted a few safeties but the pass protection was inadecuate. Maybe you sprained your neck looking at the Jailbreaks to the left and the right of you.

Tyson Clabo........D.........There is more to life than run blocking. Your feet were as slow as your ability to digest what was going on with the Bears pass rush! THEY WERE NOT BLITZING! Get on someone and keep him off Matts Back!

Sam Baker..............The Touchdown Maker for other teams defenses......EPIC FAIL! F F F F F F and one more F for F your friggin effort and lack of balls you spineless no blocking wanna be Left Tackle! Dump the beard and the Grizzly Adams crap and Block Somebody!

Matt Ryan......no breaks here .....you started the game like 13 for 14 or some such then threw the friggin pick. After that........YOU FRIGGIN QUIT! YOU QUIT! You failed to challenge the Bears although running for your life but you Failed to step up......nay....failed to Rise Up to the challenge! You Quit! F for your effort. F for your Leadership! F for the classic I am just gonna play safe and try not to look too bad and sell my team down the river performance! Thats not what winners do! Thats what quitters do!

Now to the D:

Abraham..........A+.........Love your motor man!

Bierman...........C........Sacks and TDs are nice but how can you forget to cover your man with your back against the end zone?

Edwards........D.......as for Did he even play Sunday.

Babs, Ovie....Inc.

Jerry, Walker, and Powell........B you looked good. Dare to be better

Weatherspoon.......Baby Lion...It ain't easy being sleezy but thats just what you were on Sunday tryin to Bump ugglies with Mattie Forte! You are supposed to be a star on the weakside. You looked like the second coming of Bad Brooking out there! Tons of downfield takles and no real playmaking ability. I hope this isnt you because right now YOU ARE who many Thought you were...an overblown athlete devoid of fundamental football skills and instincts! I was looking for Mike Petersen all day! I really was! At least he hits people and makes them fall!

Lofton.......B........I saw better mobility from him than in the past and he did challenge people.

Nicholas.....C.........Some really good plays....some really bad angles. Blame the coach. Its easy to do that these days!

William Moore........D.......where were you? I thought you were gonna give Forte the love he deserves! Instead he left you at the alter in search of a better payday! You guys made him look like Marshall Faulk in his prime! Disgusting!

Thomas DeCoud.......Always defended you on this board. NO MORE! EPIC FAIL! I have neer seen a player look so out of tune with what is going on with the opponents offense and someone so out of position. That said, I have seen Chris Houston, your teamate Cris Owens, Charles Dimry, Bruce Pickens, Slim Pickins, Buck Owens, Roy Clark and Minnie Pearle. All of em could have played better safety that you did on Sunday! Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me!

Ditto for Dunta Robinson and Chris Owens. How can you look at yourself in the mirror after a half hearted effort like that? I hope you both get haunted by the ghost of Christmas past as you guys gave gift after gift after gift to Jay Cutler and Company....so many gifts that Chicago broke the Bank on our A$$!

Grimes......you can't do it all little man!

Anway some random comments.....neg me, plus me, ignore me, abhor me...but this loss AND THE WAY WE LOST is the most frustrating moment I have had as a Falcons fan since the 49ers took a day trip up Highway 22 making Charles Dimry an expletive so henious that I never thought I would see a sorrier defensive back in an Atlanta Uniform. Sunday I saw two for sure in Dunta and Owens.

They must play better on Sunday. Last thing I wanna do is loose to Vick again!

OK. New Rule...

And I hate to say this... You know I do.

We gots a long way to go before we start accusing MattyRattic of quitting. He might need a world end of a wind up to toss the ball 20 yards, but quit? And I'm a troll.

Trust and believe bro... I got a million and one jokes waitin' on MattyConvulsion, but the young fella has got character.

Not to mention the fact that I really don't appreciate the fact that after one loss you guys are trying to take over my turf! Get your dawgon chin up. Stop crying and leave the over-the-top criticisms to me... Man you guys are freaking out so bad it's affecting my material.

OK. New Rule...

And I hate to say this... You know I do.

We gots a long way to go before we start accusing MattyRattic of quitting. He might need a world end of a wind up to toss the ball 20 yards, but quit? And I'm a troll.

Trust and believe bro... I got a million and one jokes waitin' on MattyConvulsion, but the young fella has got character.

Not to mention the fact that I really don't appreciate the fact that after one loss you guys are trying to take over my turf! Get your dawgon chin up. Stop crying and leave the over-the-top criticisms to me... Man you guys are freaking out so bad it's affecting my material.

LMFAO! Classic!