Coastal Carolina Vs Georgia Game Week Thread

achilles return

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawn Williams moved to ILB during practice today. I'm sure it's a temporary move for the next few weeks max, but even still I don't think it's a great move.

Also, Ramik was at ILB (which I like) while Vasser and Stripling remained at OLB (which I also like).

I'd say keep Williams at SS and let Gilliard, Wilson, Herrera and Sulek hold it down this week to see how it goes. Guess it doesn't really matter because both the starters will be back before long, just throwing my two cents out there.

Shawn Williams moved to ILB during practice today. I'm sure it's a temporary move for the next few weeks max, but even still I don't think it's a great move.

Also, Ramik was at ILB (which I like) while Vasser and Stripling remained

at OLB (which I also like).

I'd say keep Williams at SS and let Gilliard, Wilson, Herrera and Sulek hold it down this week to see how it goes. Guess it doesn't really matter because both the starters will be back before long, just throwing my two cents out there.

I plike the move to put williams inside and get him some work. Got ole miss and st coming up and if the frosh cant get it done then we have good options at safety with cumminga and rambo and corners are fine with boykin and smith. Puts your best athletes on the field esp in 3rd and long situtions, will b like having a dime package in the game.

Really need Drew to come of age these next two weeks if he gets a chance. Has to better than c washington, he has been strugglin.

Also, Ramik was at ILB (which I like) while Vasser and Stripling remained at OLB (which I also like).

great move moving shawn williams over.. he is an aggressive hitter and will do well inside and we need someone who has played inside.

I'd love to see K Gates moved to OT. Let Bean split time at guard with the others. He just doens't have the mobility for OT, but could be a road grader inside. I'd also like Watts to start to get some playing time so that we could play Cordy inside more. We really have 2 OG's playing OT right now.

SMH @ Coastal Carolina.... really?

Do you seriously only comment on here to insult SEC teams' schedules and to talk about USC's "superiority"? Just a few days ago, you were talking about how you respected UGA's schedule so far.

"I actually respect UGA more then the rest of these SEC teams right now at least they have opened up with some tough teams." <=== Direct quote from you three days ago. Did anything really change in the past few days? This game has been scheduled for a while, just like the first two games that you mentioned.

Do you seriously only comment on here to insult SEC teams' schedules and to talk about USC's "superiority"? Just a few days ago, you were talking about how you respected UGA's schedule so far.

"I actually respect UGA more then the rest of these SEC teams right now at least they have opened up with some tough teams." <=== Direct quote from you three days ago. Did anything really change in the past few days? This game has been scheduled for a while, just like the first two games that you mentioned.

I still do respect that Georgia has started out with the teams they have. But yes Do I have to laugh when SEC fans claim they are the toughest yet have teams like this on the schedule? Of course and will continue to do so....... USC may not play the toughest opponents. But at least they are all Division 1 and you don't have to figure out which state they are from. (this is not directed towards Georgia's opponent).

Agree 007dawg - seems very obvious that bean is not a tackle and should be much more effective at G. Same with Glenn.. is there any talk of shuflling? main thing is Coastal is a game where we could get watts and a few other more mobile guys - hopefully like watts to tackle and just get some more experience. Like the williams move as well, should be able to cover well also- which is needed.

I still do respect that Georgia has started out with the teams they have. But yes Do I have to laugh when SEC fans claim they are the toughest yet have teams like this on the schedule? Of course and will continue to do so....... USC may not play the toughest opponents. But at least they are all Division 1 and you don't have to figure out which state they are from. (this is not directed towards Georgia's opponent).

Coastal Carolina is both in Division 1 and obvious as to which state it's located in. I don't defend UGA ever, but at least get your facts checked.

Maybe i missed this, but I assume since Williams will move to ILB, B. Smith/Boykin will be corners and Commings will join Bacarri at S? That seems obvious, is that the case?

i expect gilliard and herrera to start at ilb even with williams taking reps in practice. they will give those guys as many reps as needed. if neither is doing the job then they will move williams down and move sanders to safety.

Coastal Carolina Coach on Mark Richt:

“Georgia, you better know what you’ve got because [you’re not] getting no better. You’re not going to hire nobody better than that man,” Bennett said. “And he’ll get it back -- he’ll get it back to the top. ... He’ll win another SEC championship. I think [the program will] win another national championship with him. But if they want to get rid of him, me personally, knowing the man and knowing coaching, it would be a mistake.”

Read More:http://www.thesunnew...t-for-ugas.html

Edited by Gata

Re-watched the SCar game. Some thoughts: their linemen on both sides of the ball seemed to be in so much better shape than ours. Still see pot bellies on our guys even after Joe T's program. Their guys (especially d-line) are cut! Mike Gilliard didn't seem to have a clue as to what to do out there. He and C. Washington have to be 2 of the bigger disappointments on defense, especially as long as they have been around. Also, our group of skill players were a lot better and deeper than the ***** and QB position isn't even close. Still smh that we lost that game.

Re-watched the SCar game. Some thoughts: their linemen on both sides of the ball seemed to be in so much better shape than ours. Still see pot bellies on our guys even after Joe T's program. Their guys (especially d-line) are cut! Mike Gilliard didn't seem to have a clue as to what to do out there. He and C. Washington have to be 2 of the bigger disappointments on defense, especially as long as they have been around. Also, our group of skill players were a lot better and deeper than the ***** and QB position isn't even close. Still smh that we lost that game.

I kind of agree on Cornelius Washington. Gilliard, I'll give him some more time. I'd like to see both really turn it on. Concerning Joe T's program, I would say that its improvement. Our offense looked much better in the 4th quarter than they did last year. Our defense would have looked much better but as you already mentioned, ILB is killing us. So I would say we're in better shape but at the same time, thats not saying much. On another note, I love your avatar. My grandpa was a Lt. Colonel.in the 101st and 18 corps.

Coastal Carolina Coach on Mark Richt:

“Georgia, you better know what you’ve got because [you’re not] getting no better. You’re not going to hire nobody better than that man,” Bennett said. “And he’ll get it back -- he’ll get it back to the top. ... He’ll win another SEC championship. I think [the program will] win another national championship with him. But if they want to get rid of him, me personally, knowing the man and knowing coaching, it would be a mistake.”

Read More:http://www.thesunnew...t-for-ugas.html

that was a great read as was the interview with vince dooley. This game for me I am looking forward to seeing some more of the young guys get reps especially our ilbs. i can't wait for the game.