What Questions/comments Would You Have For The Falcon Braintrust If You Knew They Read These Posts?

kennycaine

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe that SOME of the Falcon braintrust reads some of the message board fodder for no other reason but to take the pulse of fan opinion...If I was an owner or GM I would peruse these boards from time to time when I hade a spare moment. Assume that they do; what would you say to or ask coach Smith, Brian Vangorder, Mike Mullarkey or even Arthur Blank with the belief that they care about and would consider implementing your ideas?

Edited by kennycaine

The first thing I would like to ask is directed to Mike Mullarkey....What happened to the halfback and wide receiver passes that you called in Pittsburgh? Why are there no slants or draw plays out of a spread formation? Why do you claim more explosive plays but never once throw the ball downfield as a threat to the secondary to back away from the box? Why does this so-called new aggressive offense look as passive as the previous two years?

The first thing I would like to ask is directed to Mike Mullarkey....What happened to the halfback and wide receiver passes that you called in Pittsburgh? Why are there no slants or draw plays out of a spread formation? Why do you claim more explosive plays but never once throw the ball downfield as a threat to the secondary to back away from the box? Why does this so-called new aggressive offense look as passive as the previous two years?

In Mularkey's defense, Ryan said there were several deep plays drawn up by mularkey but that he didn't see anything open. Now the imagination behind those plays is definitely up for debate.

Well, first I would like to say that I believe we have made yesterday seem worst than what it was. After calmng down and removing emotion from my objectivity regarding yesterday, I must say EVERY single team has been grossly affected by the distractions brought on by the lockout and the chaotic off-season. I have the pleasure of being able to watch every single NFL game; and, it seems as if teams are completely out of sync; at least on defense. Teams are playing sloppy ball all around and really lop-sided. It's like a track meet out there and does not seem like NFL football. The Steelers getting blown out? The Chiefs blown out by the Bills? The Falcons playing the way they did? Even the teams that pulled out wins looked sloppy. We have QBs throwing for 300 to 450 yards. Brady threw for 517 while a rookie QB many considered to be a bust threw for 422. What the heck is going on? It has been a weird first week in football. Anyway. . .

I am saying all of that to say this: I would tell our braintrust I understand what's going on. We as fans sometimes make things seem worse than what they are when things are going bad; and, we make things seem better than what they are when things are going rosy. You cannot mix emotions with business. After having calmed down after yesterday's showing, I have come to the conclusion that yesterday was an anomaly, as it was for many other teams. Some were fortunate to pull out a win, others weren't so fortunate.

In Mularkey's defense, Ryan said there were several deep plays drawn up by mularkey but that he didn't see anything open. Now the imagination behind those plays is definitely up for debate.

Ahh now your trolling this board now. Nobody was open, everyone I talked to that was at the game agreed, Archer and John Michaels (sideline reporter) said as much too. I agree we need to attack the secondary more often, but the same old out routes, hooks, and curls, won't be very effective, especially with less than 2 seconds to throw the ball.