Coach Smith Said That...

PhillyFalcon!

Coach Smith said that they had to go to the passing game because of the score and that gave da Bears the chance to pin their ears back and rush the passer...may I translate please...we had to ABANDON THE RUNNING GAME THAT SEEMED TO BE WORKING AND ENCOURAGE DA BEARS TO MAIM AND POSSIBLY DEMOLISHED OUR FRANCHISE QUATERBACK. Now that I have that outta the way... I feel better. I'll never know as much football as Coach Smith, but seems to me that we abandoned the only part of our game that was working.

Coach Smith said that they had to go to the passing game because of the score and that gave da Bears the chance to pin their ears back and rush the passer...may I translate please...we had to ABANDON THE RUNNING GAME THAT SEEMED TO BE WORKING AND ENCOURAGE DA BEARS TO MAIM AND POSSIBLY DEMOLISHED OUR FRANCHISE QUATERBACK. Now that I have that outta the way... I feel better. I'll never know as much football as Coach Smith, but seems to me that we abandoned the only part of our game that was working.

I was thinking the same exact thing when I read that quote. Turner was averaging TEN YARDS PER CARRY... Ryan was averaging less than six yards per pass attempt.

It's not too hard to see that the run game was working better than the passing game!

I was thinking the same exact thing when I read that quote. Turner was averaging TEN YARDS PER CARRY... Ryan was averaging less than six yards per pass attempt.

It's not too hard to see that the run game was working better than the passing game!

Ok that 10 yard per carry was because of one HUGE run.

Other than that big run Turner was doing OK but we weren't exactly blowing holes open in the run game and forcing them to put 8 in the box.....

Again, when the score became 30-6 running the ball wasn't an option anymore and the Bears knew that.

Ok that 10 yard per carry was because of one HUGE run.

Other than that big run Turner was doing OK but we weren't exactly blowing holes open in the run game and forcing them to put 8 in the box.....

Again, when the score became 30-6 running the ball wasn't an option anymore and the Bears knew that.

Maybe this is our problem - maybe we should try running the ball when we get way down?

We might have actually got the score to 30-20 or such?

Actually, I think he still needs to review more film to analyze that.

Do you think that once he analyizes it and sees where the problem is, that they will be able to fix the problem. Looks like some of the same problems that they experienced last year. Looks like that while they were promoting the explosive offense that they would in turn be promoting the weakness of the defense

For once I would like him to pull a Singletary and Rattle some people in his Post Game Press Conference "We have problems with this soft Defense, and I am holding the Coordinator responsible for making the change to fix it NOW, as we are in the FOURTH YEAR of our THREE YEAR building plan!!!"

But of course, you cannot fix a problem that you cannot see.

Turning your head on the FAILURE that BVG was and is, is a total lack of leadership.

Sadly, it may take Mr. Blank to step up and say, this DC has had 3 years to build this Defensive plan and we have nothing that even resembles a shut down Defense.