Chad Henne Has Almost 400 Yards, 2 Td's.

pencilpusher. just because

Chad Henne.

Ryan Fitzpatrick had 4 td's

Cam Newton 4oo yards, 2 td's

Rex Grossman, 309 yards, 2 td's.

Tony Romo 342 yards 2 td's

Mark Sanchez 335, 2 td's

Drew Brees, 419 yards, 3 td's

Aaron Rodgers 312 yards 3 td's.

What a wierd week in the NFL. Greatest show on Turf and elite incorporated,

Matt Ryan. 319 yards....zero td's.

SMH.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The qbs with great stats may not always win the game, but man do they provide some excellent entertainment, with their out of the blue 30+ yard passes.

I think to have a chance at being elite, a qb has to have the ability to make every throw. Even the deep ones. Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Rivers.. can all chuck it down the field with little to no effort.

As can Vick, Freeman, Henne, Grossman, Newton, Fitzpat, Romo, Sanchez, Alex Smith. One or more of these 2nd tier(In mechanics and throwing) guys will advance to the "elite" ranks within a couple years.

Edited by Pox

Wow, I guess your view of what is good is askew Pox. Not only do you mention some losing QBs who are not winners you do not even know what top tier QBs are or what their made of. I guess weak arm HOFer Joe Montana wouldn't fit in your category. He only wishes he had Ice's arm but he had the winning intangibles. I guess you don't know football as well as you think you do. Check the players top 100 list again! :D;)B)

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Montana had plenty of arm strength when he needed it. That weak arm stuff is boloney. His system did not call for it but he could go deep when he needed, believe that. Joe was great at hitting his open receivers in stride he did not have to depend on the long ball. Pox never said those guys were all arm strength, he said they could make every throw, including the deep ball. I don't agree with all his choices, but he never said what you are trying to say.

Rivers definitely has an arm and he is not afraid to use it. I've seen him throw several, crisp spirals, 30+ yards down the field, in a lot of games. 3 straight years of over 4k yards passing, 3 straight years of a 100 or higher QB Rating. If he was on a better team, he may have several SB rings by now.

I only consider 5 qbs to be elite. The more that are considered "elite" the less the word "elite" means. Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rivers. The Fab Five.

Montana had plenty of arm strength when he needed it. That weak arm stuff is boloney. His system did not call for it but he could go deep when he needed, believe that. Joe was great at hitting his open receivers in stride he did not have to depend on the long ball. Pox never said those guys were all arm strength, he said they could make every throw, including the deep ball. I don't agree with all his choices, but he never said what you are trying to say.

Exactly. Opposing teams have to know that you at least have the ability to make them pay deep. Even if you don't use it every play or every game.

To me, it's part of the reason Pennington was never able to get over the hump... Teams knew he struggled with the deep pass and started to play him accordingly.

Winning percentage? that's a team stat, right? this thread is about QB performance this past weekend. A lot of big days by a lot of QB's. Matt is not among them. That is all.

No kidding. Falcons fans like to tout Matt Ryan's regular season W/L record but when it comes to playoff wins that's a team stat. They can't have it both ways. In the Ryan vs Flacco thread I really don't see how anybody could say that Ryan is all that much better. That is all that Florio was trying to say with that comment. Its just weird that so many people think Ryan is lightyears ahead of Flacco when the stats and W/L are pretty much indentical. For some reason people think Ryan is way much better than Ryan but the stats don't really bear that out.

Yeah he struggled with the deep pass like Montana used to... :lol:

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Montana struggled with the deep pass? Not that I remember. One of his most memorable plays was a long bomb against the #1 defense in the Super Bowl. He hit a WR in stride way down the field. The reason why Montana is rumored to not have a strong arm is because typically a QB doesn't need a strong arm to be successful in the WCO. Montana is pretty much the prototypical WCO QB. He had a decent arm and had a pretty deep ball though. Ryan has a decent arm but has a hideous deep ball. Big difference.

Montana struggled with the deep pass? Not that I remember. One of his most memorable plays was a long bomb against the #1 defense in the Super Bowl. He hit a WR in stride way down the field. The reason why Montana is rumored to not have a strong arm is because typically a QB doesn't need a strong arm to be successful in the WCO. Montana is pretty much the prototypical WCO QB. He had a decent arm and had a pretty deep ball though. Ryan has a decent arm but has a hideous deep ball. Big difference.

Strat, I already posted pretty much this exact same thing, It's no use, the Skins fan won't listen. And as soon as he had you convinced he knows nothing about football, be proves it beyond doubt.

Chad Henne.

Ryan Fitzpatrick had 4 td's

Cam Newton 4oo yards, 2 td's

Rex Grossman, 309 yards, 2 td's.

Tony Romo 342 yards 2 td's

Mark Sanchez 335, 2 td's

Drew Brees, 419 yards, 3 td's

Aaron Rodgers 312 yards 3 td's.

What a wierd week in the NFL. Greatest show on Turf and elite incorporated,

Matt Ryan. 319 yards....zero td's.

SMH.

What is your point?

Yeah he struggled with the deep pass like Montana used to... :lol:

I think you have compared that kid to Montana, Elway, Aikman and Marino. I know that's your boy and all, and you feel compelled to stick up for him when others rag on him but c'mon. It is truly hard to believe that you put him on that level right now. How about you go into the Ryan v. Flacco thread and start there. Now that's a legitimate comparison.

I think you have compared that kid to Montana, Elway, Aikman and Marino. I know that's your boy and all, and you feel compelled to stick up for him when others rag on him but c'mon. It is truly hard to believe that you put him on that level right now. How about you go into the Ryan v. Flacco thread and start there. Now that's a legitimate comparison.

I expect my new screen in the mail soon.

spit-take-300x390_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg

I could, but They may have to kill me. Shhhhh, just believe everything they tell you. Your offense is now explosive, you are now the greatest show on turf...shhhhh, just...keep ... believing....

I got one for you...they also said that Romo can lead a team down the field in the 4th quarter without throwing a pick, but you didn't hear that from me.

I got one for you...they also said that Romo can lead a team down the field in the 4th quarter without throwing a pick, but you didn't hear that from me.

He did. While I am no Cowboy fan, he led his team right down the field against WFW 's Skins and threw a TD for the lead. That dumbass Olineman had to hold to negate the play.