After Watching This Mnf Game I'm Convinced...

IceFalcon

If you watching the MNF game like I am, you are watching Brady put the hurt on Miami with the No huddle.

How many times did we go no huddle Sunday?

I haven't rewatched the game, but off the top of my head I can only think of one time.

Matt Ryan always looks the most poised and confident when we are running the No Huddle offense, dictating to the defense, instead of this raggedy as* bs MM was calling on Sunday.

Why aren't we running it more ?

we actually came right out and went hurry up, we dnt run no huddle, we run the hurry up offense which is the offense is 5yds from the line of scrimmage... not at the same pace as the no huddle... but similar. and it worked then we got away from it.. wouldnt have mattered tho, they still could of just sat in that deep cover 2 and play us the same..

Guest Absconditus

It doesn't matter if you go no huddle when all your receivers are standing still when they catch the ball because the play is designed for everyone to go 7 yards and turn around. The no-huddle is for aggressive, quick strikes and creating match-up problems by not allowing the defense to substitute, not to throw a checkdown to Michael Turner for 3 yards followed by a curl to Tony Gonzalez for 4 yards.

Nobody is ever hit on the run in this offense. Everything is stationary.

Ryan has a real hard time with the tampa 2.

That he does. And, I hate saying this, but a big part of the problem was Tony G. He looks slow and old. The old Tony Gonzalez could have beat the LB and opened up the middle seam against that zone. I think the biggest thing we may end up regretting this year was grabbing an athletic TE to create mismatches. What was interesting is that I didn't see Meir in the game. I thought a big body like him would have been nice against that zone

It doesn't matter if you go no huddle when all your receivers are standing still when they catch the ball because the play is designed for everyone to go 7 yards and turn around. The no-huddle is for aggressive, quick strikes and creating match-up problems by not allowing the defense to substitute, not to throw a checkdown to Michael Turner for 3 yards followed by a curl to Tony Gonzalez for 4 yards.

Nobody is ever hit on the run in this offense. Everything is stationary.

What's new....? I'd been saying all the long that it wasn't the WRs fault...it's been playcalling.

What it convinced me is what a QB can do when he has 5 seconds to throw the ball.

This. That's exactly what I talked about all during the game. I swear I saw Brady at one time getting a shave and a hair cut while Branch was trying to get open and once he did BAM! completion.

What it convinced me is what a QB can do when he has 5 seconds to throw the ball.

sorry but the Dolphins had plenty of pressure on Brady, he just throws the ball and let's his receivers make a play. there were a lot of plays that if Brady hadn't thrown the ball it would have been a sure sack, but he trusts his receivers.

Edited by raysnill1

sorry but the Dolphins had plenty of pressure on Brady, he just throws the ball and let's his receivers make a play. there were a lot of plays that if Brady hadn't thrown the ball it would have been a sure sack, but he trusts his receivers.

Not from what I saw, Brady had time in the pocket. However, I agree with you on Brady trusting his receivers. Matt needs to do the same with his, put it up and give them a chance. He seems to be playing not to mess up, makes him apperar scared. I could careless if he throws an int as long as he is showing a winners attitude. Favre threw many ints but look at his career. Sling it, you have no worse than a 50, 50 chance anyway. If he shows trust in his WR's they will fight for him.

No one can run an offense like Brady. He has elite accuracy, can throw it all over the field with timely velocity, he has acute vision, and trust his receivers to make the play. Ryan doesn't have pinpoint accuracy, his velocity passed 15 yards and on the run is pathetic but he does have acute vision but doesn't trust his arm or his receivers to make the play.

Ryan and Ryan F. are similar in terms of accuracy and arm strength. Matt has far more talent and intangibles. But Ryan F is fearless and trust his receivers. If Ryan can't trust his receivers, we will never win a meaningful game again. Teams have figured out Matt. We have too much talent as well. Julio can beat two men for the ball. Roddy is a top 5 WR, he can beat a man for the ball. Tony sure handed with hops, he can beat two men for the ball. Douglas can create a lot of space if the defense isn't stuck on glue within 15 yards because they don't respect his arm. Ryan needs to man up.

we actually came right out and went hurry up, we dnt run no huddle, we run the hurry up offense which is the offense is 5yds from the line of scrimmage... not at the same pace as the no huddle... but similar. and it worked then we got away from it.. wouldnt have mattered tho, they still could of just sat in that deep cover 2 and play us the same..

I think you have the two confused. We run the no huddle but not really a hurry up. Ryan will look over the defense and call the plays at the line, but it's not really a hurry up because the play clock will constantly get down below15 and 10

Not from what I saw, Brady had time in the pocket. However, I agree with you on Brady trusting his receivers. Matt needs to do the same with his, put it up and give them a chance. He seems to be playing not to mess up, makes him apperar scared. I could careless if he throws an int as long as he is showing a winners attitude. Favre threw many ints but look at his career. Sling it, you have no worse than a 50, 50 chance anyway. If he shows trust in his WR's they will fight for him.

Brady kept hitting receivers about 15-20 yards so the Dolphins pulled back to help in coverage. Brady started hitting stuff underneath and the Dolphins adjusted to that, got a sweet interception from it. bottom line is that Brady knows how adjust to what the defense gives him and in the meantime it makes his line look a lot better. even when the pocket is collapsing around him Brady stands tall, makes his reads and doesn't panic.

Brady kept hitting receivers about 15-20 yards so the Dolphins pulled back to help in coverage. Brady started hitting stuff underneath and the Dolphins adjusted to that, got a sweet interception from it. bottom line is that Brady knows how adjust to what the defense gives him and in the meantime it makes his line look a lot better. even when the pocket is collapsing around him Brady stands tall, makes his reads and doesn't panic.

Brady is elite and one of the greatest. Ryan isn't and probably never will be. Ryan just has to take risks, that's his biggest issue. We have too much talent for him not to. You have a top 5 WR and a rookie who has ELITE talent. Just chuck it up there. Orton does it. Fitzpatrick does it. Those guys have weak arms but they make it work.

Brady is elite and one of the greatest. Ryan isn't and probably never will be. Ryan just has to take risks, that's his biggest issue. We have too much talent for him not to. You have a top 5 WR and a rookie who has ELITE talent. Just chuck it up there. Orton does it. Fitzpatrick does it. Those guys have weak arms but they make it work.

Ryan has the talent and potential, he's really in the wrong system. we have a very cautious team. everything has to be so perfect to the point that nothing ever is. looks like we play to control the game, not win it. I'm starting to think that Ryan gets scared cause he knows that crap won't work but he's afraid to bump heads with the coaches. I can't honestly down our line when they're constantly playing at a disadvantage and never have any adjustments made to counter what defenses do. MM's idea of adjustments is go to max protect, and that's not always the answer

Ryan has the talent and potential, he's really in the wrong system. we have a very cautious team. everything has to be so perfect to the point that nothing ever is. looks like we play to control the game, not win it. I'm starting to think that Ryan gets scared cause he knows that crap won't work but he's afraid to bump heads with the coaches. I can't honestly down our line when they're constantly playing at a disadvantage and never have any adjustments made to counter what defenses do. MM's idea of adjustments is go to max protect, and that's not always the answer

If things got to be perfect, that means you aren't elite. Kurt Warner needs great WR's to be elite. Matt Ryan has the WR's, RB and TE. He still isn't elite and starting to become the reason why we losing the game. Kurt Warner had a much worst line in the last five years than Ryan has had in his career. They had no running game and their TE is meh. Matt Ryan is the issue. He has been the issue whenever we get behind v. a good team. He just doesn't take risk. This is the NFL, you HAVE to take risk. Only QB's who won SB and didn't take risk had elite defenses. We have an elite offense but the guy driving the car wants to drive at 35 MPH on the highway. Talent, system, whatever, he has to step up. If he just puts it in the vicinity, he has a great chance to make the play just because of his weapons.

I am getting to the point where I rather see the far less talented Redman over Ryan since Redman will take risks even with far less talent.

Edited by #1 pick

If things got to be perfect, that means you aren't elite. Kurt Warner needs great WR's to be elite. Matt Ryan has the WR's, RB and TE. He still isn't elite and starting to become the reason why we losing the game. Kurt Warner had a much worst line in the last five years than Ryan has had in his career. They had no running game and their TE is meh. Matt Ryan is the issue. He has been the issue whenever we get behind v. a good team. He just doesn't take risk. This is the NFL, you HAVE to take risk. Only QB's who won SB and didn't take risk had elite defenses. We have an elite offense but the guy driving the car wants to drive at 35 MPH on the highway. Talent, system, whatever, he has to step up. If he just puts it in the vicinity, he has a great chance to make the play just because of his weapons.

I am getting to the point where I rather see the far less talented Redman over Ryan since Redman will take risks even with far less talent.

I wasn't talking about Ryan being perfect, I meant the team period. case in point, we signed Hayden & Sanders and they gotta learn the playbook, but Brandon Meriweather is on the field Sunday. I can't argue with anything you said though

This is yet another game that proves yet again that MM is a pathetic OC.

Watch the games from last year to this year, they are exactly the same, nothing different.

We actually ran the EXACT same roll out play from last year multiple times, we had 2 completions and one interception....

too predictable and too passive of a OC is one of our 2 big problems....

the other is of course our DC...but that is different matter all together...

The real difference between the Falcons offense and the Patriots offense is two fold.

1) They know how to use their personnel effectively. They will consistently have three WR sets, they will have TEs lined up out with their WRs, draw screens to get their quick RBs open for the passing game, etc. They spread defenses out effectively by using their personnel effectively and their offense is great because of it. Meanwhile, Mularkey constantly has two TE sets with them lined up on the line, even though the TE position is quite possibly the weakest on the team, he rarely calls screens, and I barely saw any 3 WR sets in the game against the Bears even though the WR position is incredibly deep and dangerous and had a favorable matchup against the Bears secondary. He doesn't know how to use the personnel effectively and doesn't know how to spread defenses out.

2) Route combinations. In the game against the Bears, the route combinations were awful. Either everyone would stop short or everyone would go deep save one checkdown, who was the only one who was ever open because when all your targets are essentially in the same place the defense can play them all collectively and cover them up well. Then you have the Patriots who will consistently have one player run a deep route, one an intermediate route, another a short route, and typically a checkdown screen just in case. You know why? It gives the QB OPTIONS that are OPEN. The defense can't defend everyone effectively when they're running multiple different routes on a play. This is why Brady can throw it short all day and his receivers get massive YAC and then find an open receiver deep and then chucks it down field for him.

I would say the Falcons offense is much more talented overall than the Patriots but the Patriots offense will consistently do better than the Falcons because they have people who know what they're doing running their offense while Mularkey is running an offense that became obsolete a decade ago.