Waited Till Now To Post Game/season Thoughts

Wokezone

the Rise up should have been replaced with No Excuses, there is no excuse for the way we play Sunday.

1. We have Every tool the be the number 1 team in the League in offense and defense, we have TOO many weapons on offense NOT to be able to score quick and often, Screen plays flea flicker Something to unstack the box.

problems that need to be addressed

OL- Hoping it will be fixed with Mcclure but they were horrid

QB- Matt has got to get that confidence to just Throw it up for Julio or Roddy to get, its year 4 man up. He didnt have much time or protection but still you gotta play ball and get what you can get.

WR/TE Need to catch the ball when it gets to them

CB- We need to trade dunta and get our money back, I was on the Dunta boat last year, but man he's not performing at the level we are paying. Brent Grimes is our #1 CB.

Pass Rush, Where was edwards? Where was Jerry?

Cudos to Babs, Abe, Beirmann

Cudos to Grimes

LB- Spoon played a good game but man one play ruined his whole day.

We have TONS to work on, We have Everything we need to compete, The only thing we dont have is that Swagger, that confidence. WE NEED Corey Peters back out there.

Heres the Thing it is only game 1, All of this can be fixed, But they have to fix it quick, we dont want to go 0-2 thats bad to start down 2 in the hole, lucky for us everyone in the NFC south lost too so we are not really down in the division, Yay for us. but we HAVE TO get better. I want Abe and Edwards to come out of the gates swingin next week and put 7 on his back till he limps off the field. That is all

No Excuses, No Exceptions, Win Win Win

I can't help but get the feeling that Hawley had a good deal of the offense falling apart after watching the game again. The only way he could have alerted the defense more of when he was about to snap the ball was to yell it out for them. If the defense knows when you're going to snap then the O-line is most likely going to be beaten especially with one as talented as the Bears. Hawley should not be starting again any time soon and I think the FO realized the same thing, too, by getting Romberg to hold the fort at center until McClure is healthy enough to play again.

watch film of Vick against Tampa Bay when he was in atlanta thats a great place to start

Amen Sam....If our DEs get pinched inside of the tackles then Vick will run buck freakin' wild on the Falcons. The reason Kiffin always schemed so beautifully against Vick was that he had his DEs play a beautiful containment scheme. The Buc interior d-line would flush Vick out to the edges where the DEs were waiting...

I honestly don't know if VanGorder is bright enough to realize and implement this.

Edwards was solid. Just looking at the stat sheet says otherwise but he was the reason for some others getting sacks. He may not have gotten one but he was effective. Cutler couldn't roll out his way to escape from Abe.

But unfortunately, Dunta Robinson has become the new Nate Clements.

I've been saying that this team is missing that swagger of a champion since the PIT loss last year. PIT won that game b/c they believed they were good enough to do so even w/o Ben and played like it. If we carried that same belief, we would have done the same and also put NO away when given opps in BOTH games last season (the fluke muffed punt in Game One and after the Abraham pick in Game Two).

The players are just too nice. No one with a mean streak/killer attitude. It causes us to play extremely timid in big-time games. We don't exude the confidence of a GB, NO or even CHI for that matter. The vets have got to lead this team and show the way b/c we are very young at key positions up and down the roster and guys are still learning (which is why I believe draft picks really won't have much impact, if any at all, on this roster).

That said, they are a talented group and in re-watching the game, I was reminded of that. However, talent alone doesn't win in this league, but it does give you a puncher's chance.

-- It always has and always will start up front; the offensive line has got to provide more consistent protection and the defensive line has to create more consistent pressure. Most people should have known that Ray Edwards wasn't expected to come in and be a world-beater (we didn't pay him like one). He was supposed to come in and just be more effective on the edge, which I thought he was. Not even Abe and Peppers got to the QB on every snap. As a group, the rotation of Abe, Ray, Kroy and Sid was good, to very good. If they got more help from the middle, they would have looked even better.

-- No secret that Dunta had his struggles Sunday. I'm not quite ready to jump off his bandwagon yet, but I am looking for a soft place to land if and when I do. He can cover and he can tackle (the miss on Forte notwithstanding) and he's a solid option on the outside. I wish I had a better idea of what his assignments are in-game; he plays like he's Jason Webster 2.0; 10 yards off the receiver even when it's 3rd-and-6. He plays further off than Grimes, and Brent was the guy we all thought needed the soft zone coverage. Even when guys ran into Dunta's zone area, he chose not to stick with them and let them run free. Is he expecting help? Is he supposed to be passing them off to someone? I don't get it... he doesn't get beat for long TDs, but he doesn't put himself in a position to make plays on the ball either.

-- Lots of people calling for the heads of our coordinators for their perceived ineptitude and lack of in-game adjustments. Wrong. The defense surrendered only 7 points in the second half. The offense went to more three- and four-wide sets and max-protect sets. Penalties and poor protections were the causes of death for many drives -- and that doesn't include the three turnovers that were obvious momentum killers. 10 points could have been saved if only Thomas "Hot Hands" DeCoud could make a play or two. But I do hate this defense's inability to get off the field on third-and-longs. The three-man rush, soft zone look has got to go!

But I am curious why MM didn't use the no-huddle in the second half to slow down the rush of CHI. Maybe it was to give the defense more of a breather in real time. They logged quite a few minutes.

-- Matt Ryan has also taken a lot of heat. He deserves it for his two turnovers, both leading to subsequent TDs, one indirectly. But for the checkdowns, even Mike Smith said that he'd have to look at the tape to see if that was where CHI's coverage downfield forced the action. The commentators mentioned that quite often, the Bears' safeties were lined up 17 and 18 yards back off the line of scrimmage. We're so conditioned to teams stacking the box against us, that we often assume we're being dared to throw deep all the time. Even Urlacher was often starting in the deep-middle. Sunday, CHI dared us to throw underneath. We're in a situation where we're playing from behind and at the very least, you want to keep the chains moving. When given the chance to look deep, which wasn't often due to protection issues, Matt looked deep but took the underneath route to make sure we got something. Jay Cutler should have thrown three INTs from forcing deep passes that weren't there.

My only gripe with Matt: Take better care of the football. Five turnovers, one touchdown his last two games. You wanna be a star, well give me a star-effort. For all the flack that Matt has taken for not throwing deep, only one pass traveled longer in the air from Jay Cutler, and it shoulda been picked. And much praise has Jay gotten for his play Sunday? All about wins and losses... it don't matter how you get the wins -- just win, baby. Style points are for college. The Falcons were able to move the ball will when they avoided shooting themselves in the foot.

-- I would immediately give PR duties to Dominique Franks. He showed in preseason he's not afraid to catch and return the football. Eric Weems hurt us more than he helped us, Sunday. I know he thought he was doing the smart thing by running from the ball to avoid a muff, but letting the ball bounce put the offense in deep (ish) holes.

So yeah, disappointed, not discouraged.

Edited by Kung-Pow

watch film of Vick against Tampa Bay when he was in atlanta thats a great place to start

You should let the rest of the league in on that secret. Apparently they are unaware that Andy Reid and Greg Knapp run the same exact offense and Philly has the same horrid lack of playmakers on offense as Vick did in Atlanta. You're a genius. I honestly don't see why you don't have a front office job.