Okay To Laugh At Yourself?

falcndave

I was at the local sports bar surrounded by North East sports fans. Two seats down the bar from me is this 60+ year old Bears fan.

He was very pessimistic coming into the game. However, naturally, he was feeling 'better' by half time. On the Ryan fumble he was helping with the color commentary on the replays.

"Oh my....it juussssst sooo heavy. I can't hold it up anymore. I have to put it down. There...what a relief."

The game was to the point where I didn't even get angry and I actually had to laugh at the guy. However, I'm not going to be as amused today if we get a "come on man" out of that on MNF Countdown.

I watched the game at my pal Superfan's house. Once it was pretty obvious that the Falcons were going to get their azzes severely kicked we started making cracks about the Falcons play and actually enjoyed ourselves.

I kept yelling at the television "THE CHECKDOWN! THE BEARS CAN'T STOP IT! THEY CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN IT!"

What else can you do? Slit your wrists?