Why didnt the Falcons make the necessary adjustments after the half?

We've been patient. When you hear it from the owner, the gm, the staff, and the players that they underachieved last year and that anything less than a super bowl is a failure, When you spend 5 picks on a Wr because you are one piece from a super bowl, when you hear constant talk about how explosive we're going to be, the patience thing sorta goes out the ******* window. Ive been a fan since deion was drafted i think 20+ years is patient enough. This is the nfl, teams can go from scrubs to superbowl in one season. This is our 4th on a team chock full of pro bowlers and talent. Its not too much to ask they play and perform like it.

It's one game. It was against a good team in their stadium. I understand about the 20 plus years. I was born and raised in Atlanta, and still live just outside. It's hard to feel good about a team that has let us down for so long. But it's been probably 40 years for me so I am enjoying the last 3 and best I have ever seen for us. I look forward to improvement, but just don't want to over react just yet. I have confidence for the 1st time we have capable people in place from ownership down.

Guest Absconditus

I just find it hard to believe that we had no receivers open on those plays Ryan kept checking down on.

That's the thing though, you don't HAVE to have receivers open to throw them the ball. How many times did Brady and Henne throw the ball up and let their receivers make plays? Stafford? Rodgers? Newton? Brees?

There is no quarterback in this league who ONLY throws the ball down the field when a receiver is wide open. That's stupid, this is the NFL, people are going to be covered the majority of the time, you have to THROW them open.

That's the thing though, you don't HAVE to have receivers open to throw them the ball. How many times did Brady and Henne throw the ball up and let their receivers make plays? Stafford? Rodgers? Newton? Brees?

There is no quarterback in this league who ONLY throws the ball down the field when a receiver is wide open. That's stupid, this is the NFL, people are going to be covered the majority of the time, you have to THROW them open.

I agree. Matt needs to improve here as well as looking off the defenders.

We make adjustments after the half?!?

We did, it was that weak, slow developing, ineffective, gadget play we ran for RW. Didn't you see the explosion?

The Falcons are stuck with an OC that thinks the end-zone is on the sideline with his passing concepts. Roll out right and roll out left.

I bet all those teams that didn't sign MM as a head coach are breathing a sigh of relief...too bad we're stuck with Inspector Gadget.

It's become very obvious to me--and some of you--that this coaching staff cannot make an in-game adjustment to save their lives.

I would go as far as to say the majority of our issues can be traced back to the coaches. Lack of creativity on offense/defense and ST.

Is Weems the only player capable of returning the ball? Can we begin a series with a deep pass or something other than a run? Can the DC actually attack an offense rather than reacting to what they do?

Can our HC and QB not sound like idiots and say we take what the defense gives us? How about imposing YOUR WILL on a defense for a change.

This team reminds me of those teams that can have a good regular season, but is in capable of winning the superbowl. They are constantly being out-coached by the elite teams' staff.

Having back-to-back winning seasons and a winning HC (which wasn't hard to do with most of the clowns that have coached here) may be enough for some of you, but is not for me. I hold this staff and team to a higher standard and would like to see consistent, sustained improvement.

True it has only been one game so far, but the scary thing is they still have the same issues as the last three years on this team.