Can this AJC twit possibly be true?

theProf

Baker was made a fool by Peppers. He was by far the weakest link. We ran fairly well, and unfortunately I think our coaching staff don't understand that a decent run game does not make a good OL performance. Hawley needs to be able to call the protections, and obviously we didn't do a good job of protecting Matt.

yes ryan will be lucky to last 8 games

yeah, this is a big fear especially with a Eagles team that likes to blitz coming up next. We have to be able to stop more than 4 or we'll be posting about

how close Redmon comes to winning games for half the season. but hey if you know any colts fans you'll have plenty to talk about.

are yall forgeting we played the bears? one of the best d-lines ?

Yeah, but if we expect for them to win a Super Bowl the o-line will have to get much better because there is a very good chance that they may see the Bears again in the playoffs as well as some other top d-lines.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

ok im not suprised that peppers had pressure but if you rewatch that game the interior line did horrible. hawley did god awful, blalock did good, reynolds didnt do great and clabo did decent. but im not guna bash baker against one of the best defensive ends in the game. matt needs more time in order to gun it down the field but he should of taken more chances and trusted his wr's.

I think both of the Bears two ends had two sacks. Honestly, It does not surprise me Bakers gave up 2 sacks against Peppers. Most OT with the exception of the top 3 or 4 can't handle him by themselves. It just is what it is. I've said it before, if he has bad games like this only 2 or 3 times a year and the other 13 or 14 games you don't notice him as a problem I will take it. Sure you want a dominant guy at that spot but its just not the case.

You win some you lose some and if you can't accept that as a fan then you will never be satisfied.

falcons09-CC18_normal.jpg

AJCFalcons #Falcons Coach Mike, said Joe Hawley had the most solid game of all of the offensive linemen.

http://www.ajc.com/s...tlanta-falcons/

It was true. From Mike Smith's News Conference transcript:

On Joe Hawley and Garrett Reynolds:

“I thought Joe Hawley did a very nice job stepping in for Todd McClure. He had a big challenge. Todd had 144 consecutive starts and he did a very good job for the most part. I thought of all of the guys, after watching the tape today, he probably had the most-solid game of all the linemen. That was encouraging the way that (Hawley) played. Garrett had his first extensive action as well. He has played sparingly in the previous seasons but I thought he did a pretty good job as well. Again, we were kind of behind the eight ball in the second half with just the way that the ball game played out. They did not have to worry about playing the run and they were able to tee off and just rush the passer and defend the run on their way to the quarterback.”

On Todd McClure:

“Todd is going to be working outside with our rehabilitation staff so we’ll get a chance to see where he is. He started today so we’ll get a chance to see where he is tomorrow and on Wednesday.”

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/2011/09/transcript-mike-smith-monday-news-conference-8/