The '03 Patriots Lost 0-31 in Week 1...

BMoreFalconsFan09

...and went 14-2, won 15 straight and won the Super Bowl.

No, I'm not trying to compare the two teams roster wise, but just as an introspection.

The Patriots went into Buffalo, and lost 0-31. Brady threw 4 INTs, while Drew Bledsoe went down and led the offense to numerous successful drives. After that game, the Patriots were left in array of confusion and disbelief. Did that team close up their tents for the season? No...

All I'm trying to say is that there have been worse situations where teams have come out on top by making a strong run in the beginning. Would you rather us had lost like the Steelers did yesterday (7 TOs)? The season is not over. Yes, the game yesterday went bad, and a lot of things can be pulled out of the game. However, don't think for a minute our fortune can change for the better. Don't count the team out after one game.

Truth be known, I don't think the Falcons are anywhere near as strong as they, many of the pundits and many of us thought....We had minimal injuries last year, played the woeful NFC West and still won several games by an extraordinary number of fortunate events/bounces of the ball.

Truth be known we are probably in all reality a 9-7 type team until we take a realistic look at upgrading our coordinators and several crucial roster spots.

That's just my opinion....worth something to me at least.

Truth be known, I don't think the Falcons are anywhere near as strong as they, many of the pundits and many of us thought....We had minimal injuries last year, played the woeful NFC West and still won several games by an extraordinary number of fortunate events/bounces of the ball.

Truth be known we are probably in all reality a 9-7 type team until we take a realistic look at upgrading our coordinators and several crucial roster spots.

That's just my opinion....worth something to me at least.

Gritz, shut up with the doom and gloom, we didn't get outplayed by the Bears, we out played ourselves, we fell on our faces Fundamentally, it's not we have any huge mismatch problems.

Problem is we are not the Patriots. Nice try though.

Honestly, we don't have to be. We need to become a team that learns to consistently do the following:

1. Make effective adjustments throughout the game

2. Keep teams on their toes offensively and defensively (unpredictability)

3. Not beat ourselves with silly turnovers (win the turnover battle)

4. Enforce our will on teams, not have them enforce their will on ours

Gritz, shut up with the doom and gloom, we didn't get outplayed by the Bears, we out played ourselves, we fell on our faces Fundamentally, it's not we have any huge mismatch problems.

Bite me Zod.....I've more than earned the right to speak my mind. You don't like it? Put me on ignore.

I'll somehow survive your inattention.

Bite me Zod.....I've more than earned the right to speak my mind. You don't like it? Put me on ignore.

I'll somehow survive your inattention.

Sure you have, but at this point you sound like Swift, I'm fine with you disagreeing, but you being extrememly stupid in saying that we lost this because we got out played. We lost this due to fundamentals, things that are easily fixed.

Sure you have, but at this point you sound like Swift, I'm fine with you disagreeing, but you being extrememly stupid in saying that we lost this because we got out played. We lost this due to fundamentals, things that are easily fixed.

Sorry, but that's a stupid evaluation IMO. It was more than "fundamentals" that cost us against the Bears. It was the schemes we routinely employ and our coordinators abject refusal to adapt and change those same schemes.

You aren't going to stop too many 3rd and 8s in the NFL when your DC consistently employs a soft shell zone that has your corners lining up a good 8-10 yards off the LOS.

You aren't going to get better protection for Ryan when your LT and C are struggling in protection, your bull moose of a FB goes down early and you don't at least play with the idea of a couple of 2 TE sets to shade and help out your struggling O-line.

You see a house that needs better punch out work....I see flawed blueprints.

Honestly, we don't have to be. We need to become a team that learns to consistently do the following:

1. Make effective adjustments throughout the game

2. Keep teams on their toes offensively and defensively (unpredictability)

3. Not beat ourselves with silly turnovers (win the turnover battle)

4. Enforce our will on teams, not have them enforce their will on ours

Then why compare them to a team that actually accomplished something?

Love the post, the only problem is, this team is not the 03 Patriots, and the stats of the happening again is a little next to none. Lets just keep everything in perspective and take it one day at a time instead of trying to compare this team to a team another team that has multiple super bowls. I know TD came from there, but that doesn't automatically make us the second coming of the Patriots.

Sorry, but that's a stupid evaluation IMO. It was more than "fundamentals" that cost us against the Bears. It was the schemes we routinely employ and our coordinators abject refusal to adapt and change those same schemes.

You aren't going to stop too many 3rd and 8s in the NFL when your DC consistently employs a soft shell zone that has your corners lining up a good 8-10 yards off the LOS.

You aren't going to get better protection for Ryan when your LT and C are struggling in protection, your bull moose of a FB goes down early and you don't at least play with the idea of a couple of 2 TE sets to shade and help out your struggling O-line.

You see a house that needs better punch out work....I see flawed blueprints.

You have to remember these or Reynolds and Hawley's first starts in a lockout shortened season, ever since we've accquired Garret Reynolds when we run out of 1 back and 2 Back sets Turner gets great yardage, leverage will come with expierence, and Hawley will be better at pointing out Blitzers with more playing time, I agree with you on the coordinators, but the only reason I can guess as to why we didn't go man on 3rd and long was Owens, Hayden should be ready this week. So let's calm down