Is it really Dunta?

FalconKingSupa

Lets really take a look at the defense. Robinson is a man to man CB and thats what he should be playing. Yes he makes mistakes just like all other CBs. You think Jets fans bashed the heck out of Revis the way Dez did him yesterday? Wr always have the advantage in a matchup. The problem is the scheme. We never run a combo package. We really just run about 2 packages. If we run a combo with Dunta in man pressed with Grimes in zone on the other side 9 out of 10 times the QB is forced to Grimes side where Grimes excels in jumping routes. Just drop the LB on Dunta side in coverage to defend the slant and blitz the LB on the other side or do what u want with him. Its not difficult at all. BVG doesnt know how to call a game. His sets are basic and QBs always know what he is doing. We have the right personnel just the wrong coordinator.

Yes i was mad about yesterday but one the run on Dunta side yes he missed the tackle but the whole Defense was tricked on that play. Dunta was the only guy left. The slip in the grass on the screen ya it happens but noone said how Grimes slowed down that play where he could have made the play or how Lofton looked completly lost on that play. Grimes missed some tackles too. People make mistakes but to say Dunta sucks is just terrible. The guy doesnt allow many scores on him and he is consistant. Its seems like only our fans just drag a guy through the mud for having some bad breaks on a game. We will be back next week. My last but here. For all you stat jockies out there how many int did Revis have last year? Give the guy his credit where its due. Its just a bad scheme. If we had a real D coordinator it would be a lot different.

Our scheme does seem really vanilla. I mean Jay Cutler had a good game but he was throwing to wide open WR's on 3rd and long!!! That just upsets me to think about it. Hopefully we'll see some more aggressive play calling this week but we do need to take some chances and form and identity as a defense. I'm honestly not worried at all about the O. They have way to much talent of that side of the ball and we'll get it together. But to stay on topic, the D has got to step it up in the pass game.

I was pumped when we signed him last year. I thought he was going to be big for us but I agree in saying that the plays called is the problem. I have named it the Falcon soft zone. Anytime we have the other team in a long yard setting it seems like everyone is dropped back behind the first down and they get it everytime. I am so tired of seeing this zone crap called. We have the speed to go man why not do it? It seemed like a lot of the big plays yesterday were passed to dead zones. So many white jerseys just sitting there waiting for the ball to come around them.

Dunta isn't the problem. Our scheme is the problem, more specifically, the dummy at DC that's running it. Dunta is good at man coverage, but BVG forces him to play zone. What sense is that?

I just wish Smitty will admit his mistake at hiring BVG and do something other than allowing this travesty to go on for another year.

Dunta isn't the problem. Our scheme is the problem, more specifically, the dummy at DC that's running it. Dunta is good at man coverage, but BVG forces him to play zone. What sense is that?

I just wish Smitty will admit his mistake at hiring BVG and do something other than allowing this travesty to go on for another year.

they need to stop trying to get cute & just get after the QB, plain & simple. do they actually think that teams don't have film on our defense? I bet we would surprise the heck out of a lot of teams by simply playing man-to-man, rushing our pass rushers, and sending a delayed blitz when we've identified the protection. seems to me like the problem is they try so hard to NOT let teams get first downs, that they actually give teams the space to let them make first downs. let Dunta and nem cover their man and stick with him. he and Grimey are good shadows

they need to stop trying to get cute & just get after the QB, plain & simple. do they actually think that teams don't have film on our defense? I bet we would surprise the heck out of a lot of teams by simply playing man-to-man, rushing our pass rushers, and sending a delayed blitz when we've identified the protection. seems to me like the problem is they try so hard to NOT let teams get first downs, that they actually give teams the space to let them make first downs. let Dunta and nem cover their man and stick with him. he and Grimey are good shadows

Grimes is actually pretty good at zone coverage than man. Not saying that he can't play more man, but BVG's defense is built for college, not the pros. He makes his CBs play one coverage only and doesn't account for the strengths of his personnel. His mindset is like Mularkey's..."I know you say you like this, but I'm going to require you to play it this way."

BVG and his scheme is a huge part of the problem, but I'm tired of hearing Dunta is a bump & run/man coverage guy. Regardless of where you're playing at some point you're gonna play zone coverage. He's had a season under this scheme, he shouldn't be so lost or confused when we go zone. He's getting paid too much $ for that excuse to fly. Work at it and get better.

Every team plays zone defense. It's just that whenever we play it, we get burned. The QB has a big window to throw, and 9 times out of 10, the ball is complete to the receiver.

I feel that we need to play more man to man, especially during 3rd downs. I guarantee that QBs will NOT have a big window to throw his receiver. It's common football knowledge. The zone has holes near the middle of the field. Man D does not have holes unless you get beat by your man.

Grimes is the only CB we have that thrives in zone coverage. Everyone else gives up their fair share of completions. I wish we would play to our guys' strengths instead of being stubborn and hard-headed with our scheme...I understand that the coaches think their scheme will get the results they want, but so far, I have seen many things that impress me about it

The Main tackle Dunta miss was the off tackle with Forte. MOST CB's miss tackle like this on running backs. Grimes missed just as many tackles.

My thing is Dunta is a Man covering corner playing Zone. He had great stats in Houston when they used him right jamming receivers at the line. Not to mention he has been injured and hasn't practiced much

Guest Absconditus

It's funny to me that every time we have a crappy corner, he just happens to be playing in the wrong scheme. Coincidentally, it's always the scheme we're NOT playing that he's best suited for.

This comes down to the intelligence of our players and the intelligence of our coordinator to recognize what the offense is doing, and none of them are very intelligent outside of Brent Grimes. Dunta Robinson could be in a defense tailor made to fit his exact skill set and he still wouldn't be very good because he plays like an idiot on the field. He's constantly out of position, he's constantly diving at peoples' ankles or getting juked out of his shoes, and he has ZERO ball skills when it's in the air. He doesn't do anything particularly well, whether it's man-to-man coverage or zone coverage.

He wasn't that good in Houston, and he hasn't been impressive here. If you can give me 3 game-changing plays he's made since he's been here you can have my house.