It's one game- watch the film, take tomorrow off, and get ready for the Eagles

Aquineas

Though I'm a Bears fan, my goal is to try to be objective. I will reiterate what I said in another thread. Relax. It's one game of 16, and just a bad day. Every team in the NFL will have at least one game like this this season. A game where the opponent was perhaps underestimated. A day where one team takes advantage of potential miscues (Urlacher, Peppers) while the other team doesn't (multiple dropped interceptions by the Falcons secondary). A day where one team is flat and the other isn't.

The Falcons are still a playoff caliber team. There were some bright spots yesterday that shouldn't be overlooked. Your defensive line looks very good, especially Abraham and Bierman. Your lateral pursuit and flow to the ball is fantastic. Tackling can and will be improved. And you can say what you want about the lack of big plays, but don't underestimate the value of a QB who can surgically slice up coverage. Frankly, no one outside of Chicago has seen the Bears defensive line play up to this point, and there just aren't many teams that can bring that kind of inside pass rush with just 4 down linemen.

I'll leave you with this quote by Brian Urlacher from the Chicago Sun Times:

“They’re a good offense, I don’t care what anyone says,” linebacker Brian Urlacher said. “We still have a lot of respect for them. We gave up some yards on the ground early. (Michael) Turner’s a good back, he kind of gashed us there a little bit, but we made plays, guys got to the quarterback (5 sacks), our DBs were hitting as usual, and we got downhill and made some plays.”

Read more: http://www.dailyhera.../#ixzz1Xk5RYrZS

I think you will beat a confident (perhaps overconfident?) Eagles team next week. Despite folks calling for Matt Ryan's head on a platter, you've got the right formula to beat the Eagles. Test their middle with the running game, create mismatches vs. Tony Gonzalez, and methodically move the ball down the field.

Hopefully we'll see each other in the playoffs.

Edited by Aquineas