I'm a Falcon Agnostic Now

Guest Gritz

It's funny that on countless occasions I have had the label "homer" thrown at or attached to me. That's about as far from the truth as "Chaz Bono is one sexy individual."

I respond to what I see concerning the Falcons. What I see right now has me really confused. In the last 2 games that counted the Falcons have been outscored 78-33, and neither game was entertaining or particularly close.

I don't see a team right now that deserves to be mentioned as one of the elite squads in the NFL, or in the NFC for that matter.

This is a "what have you done for me lately?" kind of league....and lately, the same kinds of problems are haunting the Falcons: costly turnovers, predictable short field offensive play calling, poor poise from Ryan, bad pass protection, bad secondary play, dropped interceptions, poor scheming by coordinators, really poor tackling....

As a Falcon fan I respond to what I'm shown by this team. What I have seen in these last 2 games that counted tells me that this team still has some very fundamental flaws.

Either our foundational schemes and formations by our coordinators aren't creative or flexible enough to get successful results from our players.....or our players simply aren't talented/smart/disciplined enough to implement those good-enough schemes....or worst scenario possible our coordinator's work and players' performances are good enough to beat the dregs of the league but quickly wilt against the better teams in the NFL.

I just don't know what we have in this team right now....just being honest.....I only got about 3 hours sleep last night, that's how bothered I am by this.

It's funny that on countless occasions I have had the label "homer" thrown at or attached to me. That's about as far from the truth as "Chaz Bono is one sexy individual."

I respond to what I see concerning the Falcons. What I see right now has me really confused. In the last 2 games that counted the Falcons have been outscored 78-33, and neither game was entertaining or particularly close.

I don't see a team right now that deserves to be mentioned as one of the elite squads in the NFL, or in the NFC for that matter.

This is a "what have you done for me lately?" kind of league....and lately, the same kinds of problems are haunting the Falcons: costly turnovers, predictable short field offensive play calling, poor poise from Ryan, bad pass protection, bad secondary play, dropped interceptions, poor scheming by coordinators, really poor tackling....

As a Falcon fan I respond to what I'm shown by this team. What I have seen in these last 2 games that counted tells me that this team still has some very fundamental flaws.

Either our foundational schemes and formations by our coordinators aren't creative or flexible enough to get successful results from our players.....or our players simply aren't talented/smart/disciplined enough to implement those good-enough schemes....or worst scenario possible our coordinator's work and players' performances are good enough to beat the dregs of the league but quickly wilt against the better teams in the NFL.

I just don't know what we have in this team right now....just being honest.....I only got about 3 hours sleep last night, that's how bothered I am by this.

100% agree. The staff and the players better have short memories this week and get it together. I don't think this fan base can deal with getting embarrassed on national television next week. Especially with YKW leading our opponents.

You lost sleep over this? LOL

Yep....people have different levels of attachment to this team.

You don't get that? LOL right back atcha......... <_<

Oh, and way to earn your user name..... :lol:

Gritz, I understand where you are coming from. I am sick to my stomach over what I saw.

As we neared kickoff, I told the little women, "Now we can get the taste of the Green Bay Game out of ours mouths." What we got was a dink and dunk passing game, an ineffective zone defense, poor tackling, a weak-legged kicker, and O-line backups who played like they were practice squad material.

Our team looked like they had taken a step backwards, not forwards and I don't have a lot of confidence right now.

Hopefully, the problems will be addressed this week and we can get back on track.

I still like our core group of players, but I am starting to suspect the coaching staff. We didn't seem prepared to open the season.

Edited by Old fan

In the last 2 games that counted the Falcons have been outscored 78-33, and neither game was entertaining or particularly close.

ive said it b4 BVG has to go, its not the players, its the scheme, mike smith is a defensive coach, he can take over and calls his own defensive plays b4 this thing blow up in his face, BVG is the problem........78-33 thats ashame

In the last 2 games that counted the Falcons have been outscored 78-33, and neither game was entertaining or particularly close.

ive said it b4 BVG has to go, its not the players, its the scheme, mike smith is a defensive coach, he can take over and calls his own defensive plays b4 this thing blow up in his face, BVG is the problem........78-33 thats ashame

Well said Gritz I agree 100% but I wasn't surprised due to what I saw in Pittsburgh. Yeah yeah I know it was preseason but the devil was in the details and I walked away from the game shaking my head thinking we aren't even close in any facets of our game. I even made a post about do people really think come week 1 we can just flip a switch.

We have serious problems not the kind you can fix in a week. Forget trying to be explosive just go back to the ultra conservative ball control offense with passes to White and sprinkle a few to the other players, keeping the other team off the field.

Gritz if you lost sleep over this, you are a homer. The first step is to accept it like Falcons have to accept that they lost to bears Big time and it is not a game that happened in somebody's dream. LOL

:D

I think it actually means that I have unfortunately let this team matter to me more than it should.....Seriously, it is a problem I have battled for years. When the Falcons suck it really bothers me a great deal. Maybe I should join a 12-step program or something....

"Hello, my name is Gritz and I have a Falcon addiction...."..... :(

Might as well add MM into the equation. His high scoring offenselol has only put up 16.5 in them 2 games as well...

You know at this point I'm just not surprised by anything when it comes to the Falcons anymore... It's the nature of being a fan of the Falcons, you hope for the best but you expect the worst. I will say that I'm actually losing faith in this coaching staff though. I like Mike Smith but I'm not so sure that he's the man that will take us to where we need to go. His scheme no longer works in today's NFL and I hope he realizes this before it's too late.

No team needs a win against a top team to silence the doubters more than the Atlanta Falcons. A loss on Sunday would be in MY eyes the worst possible thing that could happen to this organization.

After the game I put my tickets to next weeks game up for sale. I went to bed thinking about the poor play yesterday and woke up early this morning thinking about it again. What is a homer to do?? I took my tickets off sale and will force myself to watch the game live next Sunday, but if it turns out as bad as yesterday I seriously may give up. That game was that underwhelming.

Guest Absconditus

You know at this point I'm just not surprised by anything when it comes to the Falcons anymore... It's the nature of being a fan of the Falcons, you hope for the best but you expect the worst. I will say that I'm actually losing faith in this coaching staff though. I like Mike Smith but I'm not so sure that he's the man that will take us to where we need to go. His scheme no longer works in today's NFL and I hope he realizes this before it's too late.

No team needs a win against a top team to silence the doubters more than the Atlanta Falcons. A loss on Sunday would be in MY eyes the worst possible thing that could happen to this organization.

Yeah, it's starting to look more and more like Hiring Mike Smith over Rex Ryan was a dumb move.

I hereby release the Atlanta Falcons of their burden to please me. Born and raised in Atlanta, I left Atlanta in 1986 and have lived these years in the great city of San Diego and hereby pledge my allegiance to the San Diego Chargers. The Falcons will always have a special place in my heart, but I'm 43 years old now and I can't do this any more. Good luck to the entire Atlanta Falcons organization - I truly hope you can bring the Lombardi trophy home to Atlanta one day; to which I will applaud because Atlanta deserves an NFL Champion right now!

Good luck Falcons. This is me signing off.