Sanders vs. DeCoud

ZOSO62

I hear what you saying but on the flip side of that at least he was where he was supposed to be to be in position to make those plays he just has to have more awareness which shows that him and Grimes were on the same page at least in regard to their assignments.the question I have is where was Willy Moore? he was missing in action the whole game and looks like he was not in the right place at all which brings me to the point of could Decoud have been trying to carry Moore on his shoulders last season being that it was Moores first year at that position which is why his stats in return went down.It may appear that Sanders may end up with Moore's job because SS is Sanders natural position even though he can play both FS and SS he may become our SS b4 it is all said an done.

I hear what you saying but on the flip side of that at least he was where he was supposed to be to be in position to make those plays he just has to have more awareness which shows that him and Grimes were on the same page at least in regard to their assignments.the question I have is where was Willy Moore? he was missing in action the whole game and looks like he was not in the right place at all which brings me to the point of could Decoud have been trying to carry Moore on his shoulders last season being that it was Moores first year at that position which is why his stats in return went down.It may appear that Sanders may end up with Moore's job because SS is Sanders natural position even though he can play both FS and SS he may become our SS b4 it is all said an done.

interesting thought... gotta wait and see... hopefully he takes the field sooner rather than later, because i do think we need him in there.

Really? Apart from dropping the two interceptions, he was solid as can be. If I remember right, he only gave up one catch and that was to some receiver running a curl when he was in deep coverage. He seemed active in run D but the whole team didn't do too bad apart from Forte's long 27 yard rush. Moore looked more lost and also was one of the reasons we gave up Forte's TD.

I don't believe Decoud should be benches but I would like to see Sanders rotate in. A few series for Decoud then a few series for Sanders and then decide who is better and then start whoever. But something I would LOVE to see is Robinson to show up or move him to nickle. IMO he is NOT a #1 cb

IMO Decoud is great against the run...he is very aggressive and loves to lay the wood on anyone...He knocked clinton portis, brandon jacobs, and some other teams RB out of the game in a span of about 4 games two seasons ago. With that said he is a disappointment in pass defense (but at this point besides Abraham and Grimes who isn't). I don't think there is any question that if his performance doesn't improve that Sanders will get a shot at claiming his spot for good.

Obviously, we can't leave interceptions lying on the field. It seems like DeCoud runs around like he just fell out of a chickens a## and is totally lost at times in the scheme. How long before Sanders comes up to speed and moves ahead on the depth chart?

So many people are failing to realize how much of last week's game could be pinned on a few players who will almost certainly not be starting next week (or in worst case scenario, by week 3)..... If DeCoud comes up with those two picks that were wounded ducks tumbling straight into his hands, it is a whole different ballgame... Conversely, on the offensive side of the ball, there is no QB in the NFL who could have performed behind that O line Sunday... It was absolutely horrible.... Unfortuantely, it was not just Hawley and Reynolds looking awful, but getting McClure back will make a WORLD of difference...

Anyone who cares to dig up my posts will see that I am really not too concerned about that first game. I predicted that this season would start off either 3-3 or 2-4, but while this would be a "slow out of the gate" team, it would also be a team playing some of the best football in the NFL by the end of the season and be in position to make the playoffs and make a deep run in the playoffs...

Nonetheless, I didn't expect things to be as horrible as they were... I really hope that getting McClure back and possibly replacing Reynolds with Johnson as starting RG will make a difference..... Matt Ryan actually played a decent game considering the way he was getting hammered every snap....

But just as I predicted, the drama queens would come out in full force and they have.....

I have no doubt that DeCoud will lose his starting spot to Sanders, and the addition of Hayden will help greatly.....

However, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about a few key players (D-Rob and Edwards) who were absolutely horrible Sunday.... Seeing that it is just Week One in an abbreviated off season with virtually no TC, I'm not going to panic yet..... But if we don't get McClure back next week, and if the rest of the O line doesn't play 100% better, we might as well start up the Andrew Luck threads because the chances of Ryan's career surviving another game like last week's are very small. That O line almost got him literally killed in Chicago.

But back to the topic at hand, if DeCoud makes those two routine picks, it could have been an entirely different game defensively.... I'd say Sanders is pretty much guaranteed the job at this point. And D-Rob should be looking over his shoulder for Hayden taking his job as well if he doesn't pick it up next week.

Good points and post. But Moore is too much of a play-maker to not have him on the field. BVG said before the season that how much and where Sanders and Hayden would play would depend on the play of others. Just have to wait and see.

bump that those two int drops could have changed the game one would have been a pick 6 no one was in front of him..

Shoulda woulda coulda....what if Cutler WOULDA hit that receiver WIDE open on the left side of the field when they were in the red zone? I'm not sure who the receiver was, but Cutler overthrew him.

Ya gettin' my point? We can shoulda woulda coulda and IF IF IF all day long for both teams.

It's history now bro...