TELL THE TRUTH--who would you prefer to have at QB?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who complains about Ryan's arm strength and says Shaub is crazy...

You're also crazy to think that MM would be as creative with Vick as Andy Reid is... if the ATL still had Vick all the posts would be saying "Micheal Vick is just not accurate enough to win" instead of "Ryan's arm is just not strong enough". Give me Ryan and an OC who is willing to adapt his play calling to match the talent on the team. MM is calling the same exact gameplan he has been for 3 years... haven't seen a lot of new wrinkles. This offense has too much talent and potential to walk out on the field and look like that...

Ryan is not even as good as Matt Shaub

In my opinion

He may have been capable (on paper) of developing into an elite QB - but he obviously is not developing into one

I am not saying Shaub is elite either but

If I was behind by 20 points in the 3rd quarter

And had our WR's - I feel that Shaub or Vick could score quickly and often through the air with our WR's

While Ryan is NOT capable

RYAN is simply a game mgr QB if we have a comfortable lead or if we are losing by 2 or 3 points he can get us into FG position to win

But if we are down by 14, 17 or 20 points or more

---forget it

Edited by jay2009

I'd rather have Ryan.

Ryan, more often than not, makes winning plays in crunch time. Schaub will look great for most of the game and then do something stupid to lose it at the end, does it all the time. Puts up gaudy stats but he's not really a winner.

Vick? He'll let Philly down eventually. We thought he had turned the corner, then he started losing to the Detroits and Clevelands of the world.

Vick didn't really have a great game today. Philly was just a far superior team.

Vick or Schaub easily right now. I want a fearless qb and we dont have that right now. I want someone who can make something out of nothing. Cam Newtons throwiing tds under duress against the Cardinals. Yeah I know its the cardinals but atleast he's pulling the trigger.

Look, I like Cam Newton, I really do, but you are going to have to get back to me after he has 33 wins in this league in his first 3 seasons.

I don't really know why I bother coming to this forum anymore. Everyone has such knee jerk reactions to everything and have little real understanding of the game or are just trolls. You can't really do much when a four man rush is in your face in about two seconds with seven in coverage. That's why Ryan kept going to his check down: It was consistently his only option since everyone else was heavily covered and forcing the ball to them would have led to interceptions. The only time I can recall from that game where he missed an open man was when Douglas was open in the end zone and he went to Snelling instead but, once again, there was pressure right in his face so he most likely didn't notice because he didn't have enough time to.

The O-line completely failed today which caused the offense as a whole to fail. The play calling didn't help and they waited far too long to run the no huddle, but in the end it was the O-line that let everyone down on offense. Hawley and Reynolds were overwhelmed in their first starts, which I can't blame them too much considering who they were trying to block, which caused the whole line to break down.

Anybody who complains about Ryan's arm strength and says Shaub is crazy...

You're also crazy to think that MM would be as creative with Vick as Andy Reid is... if the ATL still had Vick all the posts would be saying "Micheal Vick is just not accurate enough to win" instead of "Ryan's arm is just not strong enough". Give me Ryan and an OC who is willing to adapt his play calling to match the talent on the team. MM is calling the same exact gameplan he has been for 3 years... haven't seen a lot of new wrinkles. This offense has too much talent and potential to walk out on the field and look like that...

Not trying to bash Ryan cuz hes a great guy, but you think Mularkey is just ******** or something, like our coaches do not see what wins games, NO they are working within the dynamic of the players they have, there is some reason why we dink and dunk, u think hes just doing this to buck the system, NO -