OFFICIAL: Falcons at Bears game thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

announcer says it was a concern for MIKE SMITH that the Falcons didn't win a game in Preseason... I got negged for saying that very thing.. but here we are.... looking like a rag tag team today... Oh and its not freezing or raining either

Now whats going to be the excuse.. it isn't preseason... it does count. Its not raining or snowing... so its not the weather.

So is it all uphill from here? Or is this going to be how it is for the first five games?

guess the 1st string defense spent the day getting its practice and Matt was the crash test dummy.

How's that? 5 sacks, what, 3 turnovers, & our secondary has benn "shredded" by Cutler...?

of cutlers 300 yards over 100 came on screens.

a couple plays different and the game is different. Both turn overs we had early on we were moving the ball.

we also had some things go against us that we could not control like some blown calls ( bears Oline jumping early on at least 3 separate times)

In short its not been as bad as it actually looks.

of cutlers 300 yards over 100 came on screens.

a couple plays different and the game is different. Both turn overs we had early on we were moving the ball.

we also had some things go against us that we could not control like some blown calls ( bears Oline jumping early on at least 3 separate times)

In short its not been as bad as it actually looks.

While I agree with your assessment, our offense looks lackluster & unorganized. Our D got owned by the screens & any time the ball was run to the outside. Were getting beat pretty badly.

Overall, This was one of the worst played and coached Falcons games of all times!

Ryan was scared to through beyond 5 yards and when they got near the 10, he would not even attempt toward the end zone.

In the 3rd quarter, when we all knew he was not in control of his offense, a good coach would have put in Redman if only so Ryan could get his head straight !

When you are down by nearly 3 touchdowns, you have to change the game plan !!! End of story !

Yeah, after this sad effort from the defense (which was no shock) and the offense (which was), I think next week things will only get worse. It's not going to be a lick of fun watching Vick return to the dome and light it up on Grimes, Decoud, and the rest of the secondary! I know one thing, TD will be asked a lot of questions this week about why he didn't use the draft to repair his secondary and went after a very costly WR instead, who by the way was only marginally better than "Stinkin' Jenkins" in his first game as a Falcon. I know he will be a beast for us for years but when it was so obvious the past couple of years that the defense had glaring holes in it, we needed more help there than at WR, even if Jenkins needed to go! If things go as expected against the dream team, Smith is going to be wondering if his job is secure, that's for sure! I don't expect a ton really, especially after what I saw in the preseason and yet again today, but I'm afraid it's going to be a long season of hearing how overrated we are.

No need to freakout yet. Falcons did get 386 yards and 20 1st downs (some was garbage time though). Plus Bears defense did the same thing to Packers and Eagles offense last year. Bears only allowed an avg of 17 pts last year. Got to consider what team was played and where.

I like your game day attitude but not the math.30 - 12..