Did You Think It Was Going to be Easy?

Peyton

People are cracking me up with all this "Oh NO, the Packers are awesome! What are we gonna do?!!"

Geez. What did you think, it was gonna be easy? While it's true that in the past the NFC has been loaded with suck (2004 & 2008 come to mind), it's not suppose to be that way, and it was always obvious it wasn't going to be that way in 2011.

This conference is loaded.

If a team wants to ascend to greatness, it generally has to go through some pretty d*mn good teams on the way.

I see people saying "it's gonna be real tough to beat the Packers". Well, Duh...beating the defending champions is suppose to be tough.

Nearly everone agrees that the organization has put all the peices in place this year. Now we need to see what they can do. Maybe it will be enough to get through the Saints, Packers, and Eagles, maybe it won't, but either way, can we wait until the Falcons actually play a game before we have our nervous breakdown?

Nearly everone agrees that the organization has put all the peices in place this year. Now we need to see what they can do. Maybe it will be enough to get through the Saints, Packers, and Eagles, maybe it won't, but either way, can we wait until the Falcons actually play a game before we have our nervous breakdown?

I think some fans buy too much into what pundits and analyst say. Falcons have gotten a lot of love in the press, and some fans have fallen under the delusion "Its Our Year"...a given and unchallengeable.

The Pack and Saints game was high scoring and drawing a lot of praise from pundits/analyst...so now we get apprehensive and cold feet.

This is what we wanted, to be the best, so you have to beat the best. The Falcons have to make it their year against top competition. Nothing is a given in the NFL. Looking forward to finding out how we truly stack up in the coming weeks.

Aaron Rodgers is just sooooooooo much better then Matt Ryan its not even funny . Unless Aaron Rodgers breaks his arm GB will have the edge over us for next 5 years . Im jealous of how special Rodgers is but i have been saying that for past 3 years so nothing changed

As for it being easy, of course not. I do like our chances this year, though. Whoever we others 'fear,' you can be certain that team has some concerns about us.

Aaron Rodgers is just sooooooooo much better then Matt Ryan its not even funny . Unless Aaron Rodgers breaks his arm GB will have the edge over us for next 5 years . Im jealous of how special Rodgers is but i have been saying that for past 3 years so nothing changed

Rodgers is 0-2 vs. Matt in the regular season, 1-0 in the post-season. Rodgers is a better QB than Ryan (now), but let's not take hyperbole to extremes here. Rodgers was on the bench watching and studying in his first three years. Ryan was starting and winning 33 games in his first three.

Stop with that.

That's why I find it hard to understand the people who demand and expect nothing less a super bowl win. There is way too much talent for any team - including us -to think that it has a divine right to even make the last 4, let alone win the SB.

The margins between winning and losing at the top level are very small. An injury, lucky bounce or officiating decision here or there, or a couple of inches on a critical 3rd down can be the difference. Getting to the playoffs isnlt a given, and once you get there the playoffs themselves are a lottery, as we found out last year.

I agree UK

But the bigges difference is QB . When you have a great QB like Packers you can overcome some of that when you have a good QB like Matt Ryan you need things to break your way

QB league . You have a great QB in a great system you can be a legit contender

I agree UK

But the bigges difference is QB . When you have a great QB like Packers you can overcome some of that when you have a good QB like Matt Ryan you need things to break your way

We have a QB who has the toos and work ethic to become elite. The biggest problem, is that he's running an offence from 1985 (OK i exagerate... 1991).

It tough to hang with teams that can score 30+ against top defenses, when you want to spend most of the game lining up with 2 Big backs who rarely catch passes or 2TE's one of whom is soley in to block.

I actually agree with you swift on the fact that Rodgers being better than Ryan. But in all honestly he is better than most QB's in the league. Got to be in the top 3 in anybody's poll.

I actually agree with you swift on the fact that Rodgers being better than Ryan. But in all honestly he is better than most QB's in the league. Got to be in the top 3 in anybody's poll.

If I had 1st pick in draft . All players in pool . Im taking Rodgers 1st . Wouldnt even think twice about it

People are cracking me up with all this "Oh NO, the Packers are awesome! What are we gonna do?!!"

I know. It's funny.

I should have figured the board would be in a panic.

Yes. The Packers looked good. Gosh, they almost looked like....um....champions? derp

The Saints looked good. The Bears will look good too. So will we.

It aint the pre-season anymore.

Game was exciting, lots of points and offense. Neither team stopped the other. Both defenses were bad as well as special teams.

Roman Harper can't cover my grandmother. For as good as the Packers D's is supposed to be they got hit up for 400+ passing yards.

Its early, I'm sure everybody was jacked up. Can both those teams play that well offensively all year? Will they be that bad on defense and special teams all year? Its a long season and you don't always finish the way you started. Either way, glad the Saints lost.

Sorry Swift, he already has a live-in boyfriend :( :P

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now, but he's not going to win 10 Super Bowls straight.

On the years when the Falcons beat their azzes to get to the big game, and hopefully this is the first year that happens, his greatness is going to make the victories all the more sweeter.

Game was exciting, lots of points and offense. Neither team stopped the other. Both defenses were bad as well as special teams.

Roman Harper can't cover my grandmother. For as good as the Packers D's is supposed to be they got hit up for 400+ passing yards.

Its early, I'm sure everybody was jacked up. Can both those teams play that well offensively all year? Will they be that bad on defense and special teams all year? Its a long season and you don't always finish the way you started. Either way, glad the Saints lost.

The Saints just gave him a HUGE contract too.

Not only is the dude terrible in coverage, but James Starks trucked him twice, made him look like a little girl. It was awesome.

I still wouldn't put Rodgers above Brady. Brady has just been too stupidly consistent for far too long. Also wouldn't put him above Brees, but I'm certainly willing to put him NEXT to Brees. I think Manning is just a step below them both. But guess what, nobody cares what I think lol.

Also, I can easily see Ryan being Rodgers's equal very soon. Julio helps this a ton. And a weapon like Quizzy out of the backfield is going to be very nice for you guys.

Take off the ish colored glasses dude. Ryan has beaten Rodgers twice already. How is that possible if Rodgers is so much better? Because Ryan's team outplayed Rodgers's team. Yeah, we know, it was a horrible playoff game, it was one game and this team can and will bounce back. Rodger's team almost blew a 15 point lead last night, how is that elite? How is not being able to get a first down when you need it to keep Brees off the field elite?

Neither team last night could stop the run or get pressure with their front four. Falcons have a better run game than either, and the addition of Edwards gives the Falcons a chance to pressure Rodgers/Brees with the front 4. Falcons have built their team with beating teams like GB and NO in mind.

So, back to the ish colored glasses thing- you don't apparently like anything about the Falcons, 99% of the stuff you say about them is negative, the positive stuff you say is always setting up more negative stuff. Why are you here? If this team disgusts you so badly, why not root for your QB God- we'll be OK if you abandon us, really.

I agree UK

Dan Marino.

/thread