Gonzalez Retirement

Northern_Falcon

he shouldnt be starter this year or next ...His route running is being rounded off and he brings absolute no Yards after catch ..NEG away but that is the truth . He is very reliable in 3rd down situations and still knows how to use his body to get separation and still has great hands.

he shouldnt be starter this year or next ...His route running is being rounded off and he brings absolute no Yards after catch ..NEG away but that is the truth . He is very reliable in 3rd down situations and still knows how to use his body to get separation and still has great hands.

sure but if we draft a good receiving TE Id rather him have a year under TG88 to learn from the All time greatest

I think he's actually looked like he's got a bit of burst back this year. Faster off the line in the pre-season than he was last year. It's a subtle difference, but it's there, and matches up with reports of him training to regain explosiveness this offseason. If he gets his burst back, he's still a very good player.

Id rather we find his replacement

I wouldnt mind if he wanted to stay another year but he has lost a couple steps and He needs to be grooming and platooning with a guy next year that will eventually take his place.

We could possibly find a young guy in FA if not the draft.

the only reason TG88 didnt do as good as he could have is because Jenkins didnt help HD83 was still hurt (knee) and TG88 and White was the only guy you had to worry about but now with HD83 looking amazing JJ11 looking amazing and White84 still beastin look for TG88 to have about 10TD and 600-800 yards! and as long as he is her Palmer does a good job and he could still become even better!!

Anthony Gonzalez can stay with the Atlanta Falcons as long as he wants to.

He represents the highest degree of Professionalism in the NFL, and he will know when

to hang up the cleats, and there will not be a bunch of Drama Surrounding it either.

If he gets a Super Bowl Ring in Atlanta then it may be likely that he retires as a Falcon.

But at the end of the day if he retires as a Falcon or as a Chief, that is his decision alone,

He would have to sign a One Day Deal with the Chiefs to Retire as a Chief.

He may not get the YAC like he used to but the guy has the best hands in the NFL.

So Yall best be S'nTFU because when he is gone we will sorely miss him.

Anthony Gonzalez can stay with the Atlanta Falcons as long as he wants to.

He represents the highest degree of Professionalism in the NFL, and he will know when

to hang up the cleats, and there will not be a bunch of Drama Surrounding it either.

If he gets a Super Bowl Ring in Atlanta then it may be likely that he retires as a Falcon.

But at the end of the day if he retires as a Falcon or as a Chief, that is his decision alone,

but he would have to sign a One Day Deal with the Chiefs to Retire as a Chief.

Yall best be S'nTFU because when he is gone we all will sorely miss him.

Im so tired of explaining this, but ill do it again, when you go into the HOF you go in as a player not with a certain team

false

Is it? Get your information straight before questioning someone.

Enshrinees do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a certain team. Rather, all of an inductee's affiliations are listed equally.[6] While the Baseball Hall of Fame plaques generally depict each of their inductees wearing a particular club's cap (with a few exceptions, such as Catfish Hunter), the bust sculptures of each Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee make no reference to any specific team.

When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

Edited by Northern_Falcon

TG can call his own shot on when he retires, but not his own contract numbers. His cap number is significant right now, but he's a free agent after this season and a big chunk of that money will almost certainly be allocated elsewhere - Brent Grimes next contract comes to mind. One way or another, TG will finish a Falcon, but Dimitroff will establish the terms.

Not sure which games you are watching but everytime I see him in the red zone he makes even the seasoned DB's look stupid when he runs his routes.

Not sure which games you are watching but everytime I see him in the red zone he makes even the seasoned DB's look stupid when he runs his routes.

2007 ?

2006 ?

Tony G has a advantage cause of his size vs smaller dbs but his routes are rounded. It is no where precise to what it once was. There is a difference. Tony G can sheild off smaller DBS cause of his size in red zone with a post route and get in front and make catch that doesnt make him a excellent route runner no longer

ALSO YOU seen in game 3 ..Tony G ran a couple of poor routes vs Pitt

and then he pushed off on one to get SEPARATION

2007 ?

2006 ?

Tony G has a advantage cause of his size vs smaller dbs but his routes are rounded. It is no where precise to what it once was. There is a difference. Tony G can sheild off smaller DBS cause of his size in red zone with a post route and get in front and make catch that doesnt make him a excellent route runner no longer

ALSO YOU seen in game 3 ..Tony G ran a couple of poor routes vs Pitt

and then he pushed off on one to get SEPARATION

I wouldn't base anything off of preseason just like I wouldn't expect Abe to go full out until it counts. I'm not talking about being physical and giving the little shove off inside. I'm talking strictly footwork not a direct post route.

That's OK, we'll just have to see what he looks like against the Bears. I know people keep ripping on him because they think TE's should run a sub 4.5 but his best attribute has been his route running. He was still top 5 in receptions last year and typically those top TE guys are on a team that don't have a legitimate WR threat.