Why do alot of Falcons Fans in here want every FA

Ohio Dirty Bird

How come every time someone gets released or is a free agent People in here get all excited for him?

Especially when he was an ex pro bowler or just some popular player.

I can name like 4 in the last month.

HELP ME OUT

CAN YOU NAME ANY MORE FA PEOPLE WANTED THIS YEAR AND GOT ALL EXCITED FOR ?

1. Randy Moss

2. T.O.

3. Steve Smith

and now Its David Garrard LOL

How come every time someone gets released or is a free agent People in here get all excited for him?

Especially when he was an ex pro bowler or just some popular player.

I can name like 4 in the last month.

HELP ME OUT

CAN YOU NAME ANY MORE FA PEOPLE WANTED THIS YEAR AND GOT ALL EXCITED FOR ?

1. Randy Moss

2. T.O.

3. Steve Smith

and now Its David Garrard LOL

With Roddy, Julio, HD - there is no logical reason to want 1,2 or 3.

there is a logical reason to want Garrard in that he is probably the 25th best QB in the NFL......Chris Redman is probably the 40th best QB.

Redman can only be a "game manager"...

Garrard can make playes with arm and fee to win a game...

Because they want something to talk about, brag about, hype up, something new. They are like little kids. They just got the new big wheel but it is a new big wheel with a gunmetal tire and they want that too but won't know what to do with it

With Roddy, Julio, HD - there is no logical reason to want 1,2 or 3.

there is a logical reason to want Garrard in that he is probably the 25th best QB in the NFL......Chris Redman is probably the 40th best QB.

Redman can only be a "game manager"...

Garrard can make playes with arm and fee to win a game...

Do you think Falcons can get Garrard for Redman kind of money now that may be logic

I dont :(

I definitely see where the OP is coming from, but at the same time -- this is a message board. Its for the fans to Discuss and Speculate things about the team.

Their just isn't enough real falcon news to converse about everyday....

Everybody knows we wont pick up every FA, but it sure does spark some different type of conversation than whats been rambled about for days already...

....jmho....

Because it's something to talk about.

Exactly it gives us something to talk about. There isn't a fan on any team that is satisfied with there roster 100%. So by mentioning an ex pro bowler or mentioning a starting QB that could be an upgrade as a back up. Brings up good conversation and gives hope that our team can be that 100% awesome team that we want.

Its much better than reading threads about people complaining about people posting threads.......Win!

Edited by Northern_Falcon

Do you think Falcons can get Garrard for Redman kind of money now that may be logic

I dont :(

clearly Garrard would have to come "on-the-cheap" for Falcons to entertain signing him. Other teams might offer more given a chance to eventually start - teams like San Francisco, Washington and Cincinnati come to mind.

Given this is the eve of the first regular season game and the fact that Garrard would have to digest an entirely new NFL playbook before he could play in a game - i don't think any team is going to give Garrard more than $1-2million/yr on a one year deal. I don't see it.

Sooooooooooooooo.....to answer your question "YES" i think its possible that Falcons could grab Garrard if his price tag is low.

Do I think its likely Falcons will grab Garrard? NO, not likely.

Do I think its possible and it would make sense for Falcons to grab him? Yes, I do.

Yea David is not signing a one year deal with any team.

Sorry

Gerrard's star has fallen. I don't think anybody is going to offer him a multiple year deal or any kind of significant money on a 1 year deal either. He is gonna be a backup and a late arriving one at that, so he's not gonna get paid.

Yea David is not signing a one year deal with any team.

Sorry

What NFL team do you think is going to sign Garrard to a multi-year multi-million dollar deal?

Dude is 33yrs old - nobody is building a franchise around Garrard. apparently you have him mixed up with someone else.

Garrard is likely to be a back-up this year and 50/50 he's a backup in 2012 and beyond. Garrard is going to be a nice back-up for the next 3-4 years of his remaining NFL career - most likely.

I guarantee that TD and Les Snead have these same conversations whenever there is a significant name that appears on the waiver wire. I don't see the harm in talking about it. Obviously they know a lot more than we do, but I guarantee these discussions are happening in Flowery Branch.

SO do you want to cut Redman and sign Garrard or just sign Garrard?

Either way its a waste of money . Matty Ice is NOT getting hurt this year. So a one year deal is a waste of Money. Wish fans would stop with wanting a QB . or WR I think Falcons are good the way they are right now? IMO

Edited by Ohio Dirty Bird

Well MOST names that get passed along on here can be justified as an addition to this roster, and it only takes one person to want to make the discussion. There are hundreds of posters, therefore the odds that somebody brings up a free agent are VERY good. Couple that with the fact that sometimes there is just nothing else to talk about, and you get the reason why it seems like every FA is wanted.

Either way its a waste of money . Matty Ice is NOT getting hurt this year. So a one year deal is a waste of Money. Wish fans would stop with wanting a QB . or WR I think Falcons are good the way they are right now? IMO

you are so naive, Ohio......no one has a lock on "what will happen" in the future.

Peyton Manning has started 12 years in a row and never missed a game in 13 years and now he has neck issues and will break his streak of consecutive starts.

saying in capital letters "Matty Ice is NOT getting hur this year" is foolish. Matt got hurt in 2009 and missed 3 games. QBs can get concussions, separated shoulders, get hit below the knee(ask Tom Brady), etc. Nobody wants Matt to get hurt - but its possible. Besides that, Falcons pass protection is not the best either.

Thomas Dimitroff's job is to consider ALL(worthy of capital letters) possibilities - and the starting, franchise QB is one of the possibilities. If Dimitroff can buy some type of "insurance" for the team should the franchise QB go down - and the insurance is cheap enough - Dimitroff could do it.

and to answer your specific question, I would carry three QBs and keep Redman - although I might restructure him. It would probably take 3 weeks for Garrard to be able to come into a game anyways as he would have to digest the offense.

Thank you for all your post. Its good to see some that get excited for every FA and good to see some who dont.

I like the moves the Falcons have made so far. I dont think If Garrard was a Falcon and he played or not he would make any diff. Actually he was never a very accurate QB in his prime. You right G Dawg it cant hurt to have another QB but this guys gonna want a nice contract. Ill pass

Thank you for all your post. Its good to see some that get excited for every FA and good to see some who dont.

I like the moves the Falcons have made so far. I dont think If Garrard was a Falcon and he played or not he would make any diff. Actually he was never a very accurate QB in his prime. You right G Dawg it cant hurt to have another QB but this guys gonna want a nice contract. Ill pass

unless some team (KC, Cincy, Miami, Washington?) views Garrard as a starter THIS YEAR then Garrard will not be getting a nice contract - if he gets more than a 1yr deal I will be stunned. if he gets more than $1.5-$2.0MM for 1yr I will be stunned.

I'm totally cool w/ fact that you don't like Garrard - Dirty Bird - I would not want him to be my starting QB and know his flaws - but strongly disagree w/ you on Garrard's position to get a "nice" contract. Garrard is in a bad position right now. Season starts in 48 hours and he has no team. QBs take longer than any other position to get up to speed. If he signed a contract today, he would be the 3rd string QB until he could learn the playbook and Garrard would not get practice reps either. It would be very difficult for a head coach to put Garrard in a game much before mid-season. Garrard is also 33yrs old so no team would be looking at Garrard as anything more than a "stop-gap".