Bears fans are a confident bunch

Morewheat

we have a slow lb core? Really? And our run d is porous? One of my friends is a die hard bears fan and I wouldn't be surprised if his doosh *** was on there predicting a blow out behind the mighty arm of ghey cutler I haven't spoke a word of football to him that's how blind his homerism is for them I'd rather put a gun to my head haha

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear fans seem to think they got this game in the bag. They seem to think that we have done nothing to improve of defense, our o-line is garbage and base a guarantee win on the fact that we lost to the Packers in the playoffs last year. I can appreciate their enthusiasm but I think they have more blind fans than us!

Bears "Falcons talk" link

I don't think that we win run away with this game (although we have the capacity to) but I would agree with most that we have the more talented team and should win this game convincingly. I predict a 24-17 win for the Birds! What do you got?

Falcons win 31-28 in OT

Falcons win 31-28 in OT

The Bears first team offense put up at most 36 points in the 3 preseason games they played. I say at most because that was based off the end scores. You really think they put up 4 TDs? Can I ask you who you think scores?

FFS70 - they haven't sacked him yet. (Knocking on wood)

They haven't sacked him but they did expose our Oline for 5 hits and 8 pressures. Plus they shut Turner down both times. In the Dome. Now we're headed to Soldier Field, for a home opener, where we haven't won since the Gritz Blitz squeaked out a six point victory in 1977.

Keep in mind, this aint the same Bear team we played in 08 and 09. They are fresh off an NFCCG appearance. If we run Frank and Beans out there, Cutler could have a field day. If our kicker can't kick a ball in the wind, Hester could eat our coverage teams alive. We have three Oline question marks going against a formidable front seven.

I don't see how this is a gimme. I picked us to win in Finally's NFCS contest but I must admit I am waffling on our game and the NO game. Either way, I will be pulling hard for the Birds and won't melt down if we lose - or even get blown out. Most people will.

They haven't sacked him but they did expose our Oline for 5 hits and 8 pressures. Plus they shut Turner down both times. In the Dome. Now we're headed to Soldier Field, for a home opener, where we haven't won since the Gritz Blitz squeaked out a six point victory in 1977.

Keep in mind, this aint the same Bear team we played in 08 and 09. They are fresh off an NFCCG appearance. If we run Frank and Beans out there, Cutler could have a field day. If our kicker can't kick a ball in the wind, Hester could eat our coverage teams alive. We have three Oline question marks going against a formidable front seven.

Come FFS70, I know you don't take their NFCCG appearance seriously. It took an extreme blunder by the Saints (which we all relish in remembering) for them to get a gimme game against the Seahawks after a first round bye. Had we faced the Seahawks, it would have been a walk into the NFCCG too. I doubt Franks sees much PT but Owens and Hayden should be plenty against that average WR corps. It's not like they are marching Roddy, Julio, and HD out there. Yes our OLine could pose a potential problem but their only strong player is Peppers. Clabo can stone Idonije. That leaves the other four to handle Peppers and the DTs. Add Turner in the backfield and it should be manageable.

And I have no faith their secondary can handle our WR corps. Forget Frank and Beans, you can't name me anybody worth mentioning in their CB stable. Meriweather won't be 100% by Sunday. Jennings is 5'8 and will see a lot of Julio.

Come FFS70, I know you don't take their NFCCG appearance seriously. It took an extreme blunder by the Saints (which we all relish in remembering) for them to get a gimme game against the Seahawks after a first round bye. Had we faced the Seahawks, it would have been a walk into the NFCCG too. I doubt Franks sees much PT but Owens and Hayden should be plenty against that average WR corps. It's not like they are marching Roddy, Julio, and HD out there. Yes our OLine could pose a potential problem but their only strong player is Peppers. Clabo can stone Idonije. That leaves the other four to handle Peppers and the DTs. Add Turner in the backfield and it should be manageable. And I have no faith their secondary can handle our WR corps. Forget Frank and Beans, you can't name me anybody worth mentioning in their CB stable. Meriweather won't be 100% by Sunday. Jennings is 5'8 and will see a lot of Julio.

Come on Vel. Leave me alone. You already said it will be a cakewalk. I already said it will be a close game that could go either way.

I don't see a blow out. If somehow there is a blow out, I think it will be us due to young boys like Frank, Beans, Spoon, Peria, Hawley, Reynolds, SackMaker, JJ, Quizz and Bosher.

They are a good veteran team playing in a home opener. We are a young team playing on the road where we haven't won in 34 years.

Right now I'm waffling on a 20-17 Falcon win.

Some of you young bucks are totally discounting how difficult it is to win on the road in the NFL. I remember all of the crowing on here this time last year about us going 1-0 starting out against the Squealers. especially since Handsy-berger was out. That didn't work out so well.

I'm expecting a very tough slobber knocker game that we could easily stub our toe in.

I actually hope this game is close and that we are underdogs going into game 2 against philly. I also hope that we light Philly up like a little league team in the dome to announce to the world 'we are ready,bring it'. However, I just don't see this happening. 35-13 Falcons win. thier only touchdown coming from a pick 6.

Some of you young bucks are totally discounting how difficult it is to win on the road in the NFL. I remember all of the crowing on here this time last year about us going 1-0 starting out against the Squealers. especially since Handsy-berger was out. That didn't work out so well.

I'm expecting a very tough slobber knocker game that we could easily stub our toe in.

it is tough gritz but this is a veteran falcon team that knows how to get it done on the road. the bears are a solid team, but they're far from being elite. if we get out to an early lead like we do so often it could be a rough one for them.

I think it's going to be a typical Falcon game in that it's going to be extremely close and could go in either team's win column.

Yep, from a historical perspective I think it's fair to say that the Falcons HATE to have a big lead and do whatever is necessary to see that the other team gets to come back on us before the game is over.

The Falcons "Prevent Defense" couldn't stop the Slippery Rock Girls Rugby team from getting in the end zone.

MM won't be throwing the ball. MR will. And not very well if he is layin on the ground.

MM threw it around the yard against PIT's first team a couple weeks ago. 42 times in the first half. The Oline got Ryan pressured and hit. He ended up with a 52% comp%, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 fumble and a 65.6 passer rating.

By the way, Julio is a rook. He will likely play like one. He dropped a TD against PIT.

The defense got smoked in that game.

It depends on how we handle their front seven and blitzes. They can make you look silly. Ask Aaron Rodgers.

QB's get hit, thats football. To expect an oline to keep a QB clean for an entire game in the NFL is ridiculous. I dont want to hear about a preseason game. Your going to sit there and tell me stats abour a preseason game as if that has anything to do with week 1.

Yes I know Julio is a rookie, so snce he is suppose to play like one does that mean he's a non factor in the game?

once again your telling me all this stuff about a preseason game, how did Matt and the boys do vs the Ravens last year when we threw it 50 times?

Turner's shirt on the back had the score of the playoff game and on the front it said unacceptable. I dont know whats happened during this offseason where we added Julio, Ray, Kelvin, Sanders, and we know about Turners shirt, where from any of that t did you get me will be happy by just beating teams?

I saw a poster talk about this team doesnt have that killer instinct, some fans dont. Maybe you can prove me wrong with some more preseason stats.

And stop about Matt getting hit, I mean you do know those guys on the other side get paid to hit him right? they got paid lastr year to hit the QB and all those ties Matt got hit we still managed a 13 and 3 record.

QB's are going to get hit, trust me,

it is tough gritz but this is a veteran falcon team that knows how to get it done on the road. the bears are a solid team, but they're far from being elite. if we get out to an early lead like we do so often it could be a rough one for them.

Thank you. People act like we didnt vastly imrpve on a 13 and 3 team. We are loaded with young talent but we have plenty of vet's as well. Turners shirt meant something, and I am sure it didnt mean we are ok with just winning, this team has something to prove.

Come on Vel. Leave me alone. You already said it will be a cakewalk. I already said it will be a close game that could go either way.

I don't see a blow out. If somehow there is a blow out, I think it will be us due to young boys like Frank, Beans, Spoon, Peria, Hawley, Reynolds, SackMaker, JJ, Quizz and Bosher.

They are a good veteran team playing in a home opener. We are a young team playing on the road where we haven't won in 34 years.

Right now I'm waffling on a 20-17 Falcon win.

You keep talking about our Oline- what about theirs?

They're starting Garza at center- yes, that Garza, never played center before.

They have a rookie RT

They have a RG that has never started a game edit: RG has started 4 games

Their LT is a second year man who was their RT last year.

That's 4 Olinemen who have never started at their position and two who have never started a game period. Falcons Dline should shred them. Cutler throws picks when pressured. Falcons should win the game there.

Who are the Falcons, who are the Bears? At this point, it's just week one and each sides fans think they are SB bound.

IMO, Falcons are a dink and dunk team which is a perfect setup for a cover two based defense.

On O, we just have to become a decent oline and we'll score around 20 a game with Forte and Cutler. 2nd year in the system is a big deal.

DId any of you click of this link yet?

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/2759269.aspx

It seems like you haven't done your homework on us. I can only hope your coaching staff comes in expecting the 2010 Atlanta Falcons too.

You keep talking about our Oline- what about theirs?

They're starting Garza at center- yes, that Garza, never played center before.

They have a rookie RT

They have a RG that has never started a game

Their LT is a second year man who was their RT last year.

That's 4 Olinemen who have never started at their position and two who have never started a game period. Falcons Dline should shred them. Cutler throws picks when pressured. Falcons should win the game there.

Their answer to their bad oline play was move guys to different positions....

I think a lot a people are overlooking the Bears as if they don't have a defense. All these 28-10, 33-3, 31-23 talk is way over the top. I hope we win but i dont see us putting up 30 points on them.

For me it's not that way at all. I see it as the Falcons controlling the ball and the clock for most of the game, giving Chicago's offense no time to work. I see this being a 24 to 10 kinda game in favor of the Falcons. We're just better in every phase.

QB's get hit, thats football. To expect an oline to keep a QB clean for an entire game in the NFL is ridiculous. I dont want to hear about a preseason game. Your going to sit there and tell me stats abour a preseason game as if that has anything to do with week 1.Yes I know Julio is a rookie, so snce he is suppose to play like one does that mean he's a non factor in the game? once again your telling me all this stuff about a preseason game, how did Matt and the boys do vs the Ravens last year when we threw it 50 times?Turner's shirt on the back had the score of the playoff game and on the front it said unacceptable. I dont know whats happened during this offseason where we added Julio, Ray, Kelvin, Sanders, and we know about Turners shirt, where from any of that t did you get me will be happy by just beating teams?I saw a poster talk about this team doesnt have that killer instinct, some fans dont. Maybe you can prove me wrong with some more preseason stats.And stop about Matt getting hit, I mean you do know those guys on the other side get paid to hit him right? they got paid lastr year to hit the QB and all those ties Matt got hit we still managed a 13 and 3 record. QB's are going to get hit, trust me,

Hold up hoss. There are plenty folks on this board anointing JJ on preseason stats after he caught three or four twenty yard passes and dropped a bomb. I think he will be a factor but he could easily drop another heartbreaker.

Hayden and Sanders could be the fourth straight "too late" Dimitroff additions that won't see the field for days, if not weeks. Let's hope that's not the case cause if we run Frank and Beans out there, Cutler will eat em alive. Trust me on this one folks.

We almost always start slow on special teams. If preseason is any indicator, we will be true to form. Now we have a weak legged rookie kicker trying to kick into a lakefront wind to a Pro Bowl returner. That's enough to kill us right there.

Don't get me started on the Oline. The last two times they faced Lovie and the Care Bears, the run game was totally shut down. Now we have two virtual rooks and a SackMakerBaker trying to protect Ryan in what will probably end up being a pass happy attack against a pinned ear pass rush. And that gives you a warm fuzzy? OK.

You can try to homerize a blow out as much as you'd like but I still see a squeaker that could go either way. Look, you stated your opinion, I stated mine. Move on to some Bear troll and leave me alone cause you will not change my opinion. No matter how hard you try. Trust me.

Bears should be confident winning the division last year, just like we should be but IMO we have done more to improve our football team than they have. They didn't improve Cutler's weapons. They didn't do much to improve on their already horrid OL and some of their defense is getting up there in age. The only advantage they have is probably their pass rush, and having home field advantage. Outside of that we have the clear edge in this game.

I'll take a 27-20 win and get focused for Philly next week.

I also believe we could run away with this game as well. And to some extent I still believe we will. They have a bifg time Dline but when we go nu huddle with Roddy, Julio, and HD on the field we are to dangerous and unpredictable.

I know the yhave the ability to put up points quick as well but I just believe we can stop the run well and our speed on D will be to much for them to hit Forte in the flats without us being there.

With that being said, I just believe we are to dangerous in the no huddle and we an really take their Dline out of the game with it. Imo this is also a perfect game for a bomb to Julio, even in the no huddle we will hit short routes to make sure Peppers cant get there and when the secondary comes up we put the game away.

Atlanta Falcons: 27

Chicago Bears: 17

Bears offense has never scared me maybe we'll see some screen plays, hopefully. I defiantly see us pass more than running the ball and clock. 27 to 17 seems pretty close. Maybe 3 points more or less