Re: Peyton Manning

MattyIcy

Below was what is being rumored or rightly projected

"Been told by multi sources that QB P Manning needs a 2nd neck procedure," the post read. "Will remain out indefinitely

Either way ....I like our chances & should most likely get a W

We dont play them tell week 8 so calm down...but if he is out their D is nothing like the steelers D so I would mark it as a W

Manning is a tough guy, who knows the limits of his body and how to protect himself. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play and leave the surgery til the off season. Having said that, he is listed as doubtful for Sunday and the number of players who made it on the field last season after being listed as doubtful, stands at zero.

Manning is a tough guy, who knows the limits of his body and how to protect himself. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play and leave the surgery til the off season. Having said that, he is listed as doubtful for Sunday and the number of players who made it on the field last season after being listed as doubtful, stands at zero.

I'm sorry I disagree. I do not believe he's any tougher than any other QB in the league.

Football is a tough sport, even at QB. Only 6 players in league history have had streaks of over 100 consecutive games started. Peyton's streak should end at 208. Speaks volumes about the man's toughness and durability.

Great post and not only that, he can can get the ball out of his hand fast to protect himself and has earned to right to get the benefit of the doubt calls, especially since the refs know about his neck injury.

Below was what is being rumored or rightly projected

"Been told by multi sources that QB P Manning needs a 2nd neck procedure," the post read. "Will remain out indefinitely

Either way ....I like our chances & should most likely get a W

u never know whatsup u never know when peyton may come back or how he may come back so hold your horses and lets see first what happens

I rememeber the same being said last season about the steelers when they had to play without Big Ben.

I'm not making the same mistake twice, and assuming a victory because of an inury.

Exactly. I don't care who's at QB, we shouldn't just assume its a win!...Colts will still have Reggie Wayne, Garcon and lets not forget their defense.

I wouldn't call Peyton a tough mofo. He barely gets hit because teams are scared to rush him much because they don't want to leave anybody 1v1. He can maneuver the pocket and get rid of the ball better than anybody. Yes he had 208 consecutive starts but it's not like he was getting hit like Favre. Manning was probably hit 1 or 2 times some of those game.

I rememeber the same being said last season about the steelers when they had to play without Big Ben.

I'm not making the same mistake twice, and assuming a victory because of an inury.

It's too bad that Peyton Manning could possibly be out for the season. If he did play against us and we were to beat Indianapolis, it would be an even greater victory for the Falcons in going against a great competitor in Manning. However, with or without Manning in the game, as victory is still victory and we'll take it which ever way it comes.

for every report that says he does, there are reports that say he doesn t.

The Colts currently have no plans to attempt another surgery on Manning's neck, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

My link

mortreport Chris Mortensen

No 2nd surgery/procedure for Manning is planned, as of now. He's getting multiple opinions still waiting for answers on slow progress.

22 hours ago

My link

I would rather see the Falcons beat the Colts with Peyton behind center because that would be a big stepping stone for the team to prove to a lot of haters that they are for real. If the Falcons were to beat the Colts without Peyton, all we will hear is that the Falcons beat a Manningless Colts team and they would have not beaten them if he were to play.

I hope that Peyton plays because that would mean a 100 times more when the Falcons win.

Football is a tough sport, even at QB. Only 6 players in league history have had streaks of over 100 consecutive games started. Peyton's streak should end at 208. Speaks volumes about the man's toughness and durability.

IMHO it speaks more to Peyton knowin' that he better get rid of the ball ASAP!!! ;) think about how long, thruout his career, what kind of time defenses have had to get to him? just sayin'...he's probably tough...but his toughness doesn't get hit much :lol: