South Carolina vs Georgia Game Week Thread

Carter

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not the only point... we got people acting like we have no chance at winning on Saturday, not simply acknowledging that they have some great talent. Can Carolina beat us? Sure they can, but I saw nothing on Saturday that guarantees it.

Our boys had to eat a big slice of humble pie Saturday night, I don't see them laying down for anyone.

Some people need to remember they are fans, not tv analysts or UGA assistant AD's or something. Sports talk radio has ruined the common fan. Everyone thinks their opinion matters now.

I say we have as good a chance as any to beat S Carolina. What we must have though is improved play. Our coaches have to make adjustments to what S Carolina is going to try to do.

I dont see us laying down either, but ****, I didnt see us laying down for UCF but we did.

Everyone thinks their opinions matter now? Isnt that the point of a message board. For the record, I have more respect for a good amount of common fan on here than I do any tv analyst.

I say we have as good a chance as any to beat S Carolina. What we must have though is improved play. Our coaches have to make adjustments to what S Carolina is going to try to do.

I dont see us laying down either, but ****, I didnt see us laying down for UCF but we did.

Everyone thinks their opinions matter now? Isnt that the point of a message board. For the record, I have more respect for a good amount of common fan on here than I do any tv analyst.

Opinions are like *** holes. Everybody has one. What makes it special? Just because you have one doesn't make it useful. Some folks just blow hot air, say a whole lot of nothing. They talk but don't say anything. Having the ability to speak your mind doesn't mean jack if all you do is utter feces.

I looove the long time reader first time poster... more interested in hearing what others have to say than having others hear what they have to say.

SC has done a great job the past few years working the middle of the field on us. Don't know who their TE is now with Saunders gone. But with Tree out that SC passing game over the middle is near the top of my list of concerns.

Yeah and that's a concern for me as well. I think we will do a much better job on Lattimore, but we really need to do something about the short passes over the middle and along the sideline. We know Spurrier will run the same plays over and over and over.

Opinions are like *** holes. Everybody has one. What makes it special? Just because you have one doesn't make it useful. Some folks just blow hot air, say a whole lot of nothing. They talk but don't say anything. Having the ability to speak your mind doesn't mean jack if all you do is utter feces.

I looove the long time reader first time poster... more interested in hearing what others have to say than having others hear what they have to say.

Thats why they are opinions. Some people may think what you say is hot trash while others may agree with what you say.

I think thats who point of a message board.

SC has done a great job the past few years working the middle of the field on us. Don't know who their TE is now with Saunders gone. But with Tree out that SC passing game over the middle is near the top of my list of concerns.

Short Passes have been a thorn in our tail for over 2 years now.

I think our staff needs to have a solid plan for this. If it means bring J Jones to the inside then thats ok. We cannot have a lb in the middle lost or confused against the Ole Ball Coach.

Short Passes have been a thorn in our tail for over 2 years now.

I think our staff needs to have a solid plan for this. If it means bring J Jones to the inside then thats ok. We cannot have a lb in the middle lost or confused against the Ole Ball Coach.

I really think we should just play 4 down lineman until Tree comes back. I would say that we could run the 3-3-5 but we sucked hard in that formation last year. Jones looked like he got more pressure than Cornelius last game, so I worry about losing that if we move him to the middle. Cornelius has always looked better rushing the passer as a 4-3 DE.

Thats why they are opinions. Some people may think what you say is hot trash while others may agree with what you say.

I think thats who point of a message board.

Having an opinion doesn't really mean much my man. It's extremely overvalued, especially by football fans in the South.

Well I for one want to see our team line up man for man and make them eat their lunch. Stop the zone mess, stop the spread mess, and line up and play football.

Attack the football!!!! I don't care if South Carolina beats us by 50 pts. I want them to leave OUR field at the end of the game and be so beat up, bruised, and tired that they never want to play us again.

You can guarantee that south carolina is going to try to run latimore down our throat, throw over the middle on those underneath passes and look for a key opportunity to go deep.

I really think we should just play 4 down lineman until Tree comes back. I would say that we could run the 3-3-5 but we sucked hard in that formation last year. Jones looked like he got more pressure than Cornelius last game, so I worry about losing that if we move him to the middle. Cornelius has always looked better rushing the passer as a 4-3 DE.

sc is going to force us to be in a 4-2-5 as they did last year so they can run lattimore at us.

sc is going to force us to be in a 4-2-5 as they did last year so they can run lattimore at us.

the great thing about Tree is that a 4-3 with Tree at OLB is a lot like a normal 4-2-5 because he can cover a TE or RB as well as a safety could

Edit: Which obviously does us no good until October, but file that away for future reference I suppose.

Edited by Billy Ocean

the great thing about Tree is that a 4-3 with Tree at OLB is a lot like a normal 4-2-5 because he can cover a TE or RB as well as a safety could

Edit: Which obviously does us no good until October, but file that away for future reference I suppose.

we will be using sanders commings as a big cb in the 4-2-5 to go along with rambo who will be playing. it will be good to see how our dline plays since we allowed under 3 yards per carry inside the tackles against boise state and they did their job and we did a very good job stopping the run in week 1 and doug martin is a very good rb.

we will be using sanders commings as a big cb in the 4-2-5 to go along with rambo who will be playing. it will be good to see how our dline plays since we allowed under 3 yards per carry inside the tackles against boise state and they did their job and we did a very good job stopping the run in week 1 and doug martin is a very good rb.

With Rambo back I like Sanders at CB anyway. B Smith will always have some tackling issues at his size.

I'm worried that SC will try to run the ball into the same space Boise threw the ball when tree went out.

Last game, the first time I saw an averaged size white guy wearing #11 and trying to make a tackle, I literally did a double take. The first thing that ran through my head for like .5 seconds was "why the he11 is Murray on the field?". For that split second, I was genuinely worried. Thought up was down, left was right, and black was white. :lol::lol:

If Aaron Murray scrambles 4+ times my guess is: UGA 24-17

If Aaron Murray is forced by CMR to not run again and has less than 3 rushes: SC 35-14

The reason that I made SC's points higher is that last year Murray converted a lot of 3rd downs with his legs. If he doesn't get some of those with his legs, IMO, they will have the ball a lot more.

A scramble is so so so very dangerous! Defenses are convinced its a pass, drop back, and if the QB can escape the pass rush it's an easy 10+ yards every single time. It is essentially a super dealyed self-draw by the QB, so Bobo should love it, but he obviously doesn't lol.

Don't get me wrong, the QB can get hurt, but not really if it is a safe scramble. Hit the ground early or run out of bounds early.

We can't play scared though. If Murray didn't run last week BC CMR is scared he will get hurt then I have no faith in this season or coach. I don't want Murray to get hurt by any means, but I do want to see him run when he wants to. You could see last week he wanted to but held up, and usually ended up getting crushed after throwing an incomplete pass. CMR cannot play scared with his QB.

Take Stephen Garcia for example. Spurrier knows that his backup is not good enough to beat ECU and he still let Garcia run whenever he felt he could get some good yards. If Garcia goes down their season is shot and he was STILL LETTING HIM RUN in a blowout. Garcia is a lot bigger than Murray, but we can't play scared. That is how losers play.

Edited by scottp12

I will post this from a guy who is someone who has the ear of our administration and his view on the game's turnout:

When we absolutely whip sc this weekend....

normalcy will return to this board. Boise's experience beat us and now the chickens are way to pleased with themselves. This game sets up for an %^#^% whipping of the worst kind. I cant wait for this weekend.

With Rambo back I like Sanders at CB anyway. B Smith will always have some tackling issues at his size.

I'm worried that SC will try to run the ball into the same space Boise threw the ball when tree went out.

Last game, the first time I saw an averaged size white guy wearing #11 and trying to make a tackle, I literally did a double take. The first thing that ran through my head for like .5 seconds was "why the he11 is Murray on the field?". For that split second, I was genuinely worried. Thought up was down, left was right, and black was white. :lol::lol:

that was funny about #11.. what i thought was pretty interesting was on brandon's run how murray almost beat him to the end zone.. lol

I will post this from a guy who is someone who has the ear of our administration and his view on the game's turnout:

When we absolutely whip sc this weekend....

normalcy will return to this board. Boise's experience beat us and now the chickens are way to pleased with themselves. This game sets up for an %^#^% whipping of the worst kind. I cant wait for this weekend.

I will definately agree that they are way too cocky (no pun intended). It seems to me that many of then think they will have a cake walk to the SEC East title. No better time to whip them

If Aaron Murray scrambles 4+ times my guess is: UGA 24-17

If Aaron Murray is forced by CMR to not run again and has less than 3 rushes: SC 35-14

The reason that I made SC's points higher is that last year Murray converted a lot of 3rd downs with his legs. If he doesn't get some of those with his legs, IMO, they will have the ball a lot more.

A scramble is so so so very dangerous! Defenses are convinced its a pass, drop back, and if the QB can escape the pass rush it's an easy 10+ yards every single time. It is essentially a super dealyed self-draw by the QB, so Bobo should love it, but he obviously doesn't lol.

Don't get me wrong, the QB can get hurt, but not really if it is a safe scramble. Hit the ground early or run out of bounds early.

We can't play scared though. If Murray didn't run last week BC CMR is scared he will get hurt then I have no faith in this season or coach. I don't want Murray to get hurt by any means, but I do want to see him run when he wants to. You could see last week he wanted to but held up, and usually ended up getting crushed after throwing an incomplete pass. CMR cannot play scared with his QB.

Take Stephen Garcia for example. Spurrier knows that his backup is not good enough to beat ECU and he still let Garcia run whenever he felt he could get some good yards. If Garcia goes down their season is shot and he was STILL LETTING HIM RUN in a blowout. Garcia is a lot bigger than Murray, but we can't play scared. That is how losers play.

Yea there were several times in the Boise game i was hoping we would run a qb draw but didnt? Why would they not let him run, the kid is an athelete - we have backups, thats why you recruit every year. If we dont utilize the full ability of our players in fear of injuries we are not only hurting our chances of winning but hurting the players chances of progressing/potentially going pro. Also, i saw where mark richt said the crowd noise in the dome hurt made it hard for us to hear, running that no huddle/audible bs- (please god tell me we are not going to do that again against SC- Bobo/richt are both pro style offensive coaches, why on earth would they try and change to something they are unfamiliar with, if we wanna run a spread or no huddle ect.. we need to change staff members to someone who is an expert in that system- if we stay with Richt/bobo gotta stay with pro style offense) Richt said he would appreciate the crowd this weekend keeping it down when we are on offense and going crazy when sc has the ball.... was he joking?

Edited by Dawgfanbrock

Yea there were several times in the Boise game i was hoping we would run a qb draw but didnt?

We used to run the QB draw with the likes of JT3 and Stafford, but we won't run it with Murray :wacko:

This should play in the background when we go hurry-up/look to the sidelines...

Edited by Billy Ocean