The Beer-man Last Night

IronHead34

Gotta say, I thought Beer-Man was playing out of his head last night. If he can do that consistently, I love our DL. I know we give him a lot of grief, but I really do think he can hit 7-9 sacks this year, you know, if they get him off special teams ;)

Seriously, he was beastin' (and benefiting from Ray Edwards)

Gotta say, I thought Beer-Man was playing out of his head last night. If he can do that consistently, I love our DL. I know we give him a lot of grief, but I really do think he can hit 7-9 sacks this year, you know, if they get him off special teams ;)

Seriously, he was beastin' (and benefiting from Ray Edwards)

It's like he woke up from a weeks-long coma or something.

Yeah, he definitely benefitted from the presense of Edwards. Edwards was causing some major havoc in that if they weren't trying to chip block him they were running from the pressure from his play. Biermann is definitely going to benefit from playing opposite Abe and Edwards.

It's like he woke up from a weeks-long coma or something.

Well the Edwards signing had to have lit a fire under him a little.. Last year he was living the so-called good life; starting in the NFL and dating a reality tv football groupie and getting his picture in tabloids. Hopefully he has woken up because he can be much better than Edwards if he gets his head on straight.

Well the Edwards signing had to have lit a fire under him a little.. Last year he was living the so-called good life; starting in the NFL and dating a reality tv football groupie and getting his picture in tabloids. Hopefully he has woken up because he can be much better than Edwards if he gets his head on straight.

Yep...it is good to have him playing with a chip on his shoulder...

Instead of the 3-3-5 on 3rd and long, we should start going with a 5-2-4 or 5-6. I would much rather see us with Ray, Peria, Babs, Abe, and Kroy generating pressure with 6 guys in coverage than trying to get pressure with 3 guys and 8 in coverage. Yes, you have 2 less in coverage, but one of those 5 will get to the QB and the 6 don't have to hold their coverage nearly as long. We still have 6 covering only 4 guys.

Please Van Gorder, think outside the box a bit! Use our best 11 whenever possible. You can't tell me our 5th DB has the same impact on a play as our 5th DL!

Kroy has no excuses left. The wifey/girlfriend thing is sickening at best and he was sent a clear message that 2011 expectations are high. I like Kroy, he has always been an overachiever. I want to see more of the old bluecollar Kroy and less of the limelight Kroy this year. We saw very few sacks from everyone this preseason so we need to light Cutler up early and often next week. Cutler is a butcher if given time, Cutler is mediocre when sacked and pressured.

NO EXCUSES in 2011 w/ regard to sacks/pressure folks!! Its time to get the QB on the ground pronto! Nearly half our sked is loaded w/ offensive showboats!!! GET-R-DONE!!!

Instead of the 3-3-5 on 3rd and long, we should start going with a 5-2-4 or 5-6. I would much rather see us with Ray, Peria, Babs, Abe, and Kroy generating pressure with 6 guys in coverage than trying to get pressure with 3 guys and 8 in coverage. Yes, you have 2 less in coverage, but one of those 5 will get to the QB and the 6 don't have to hold their coverage nearly as long. We still have 6 covering only 4.

I like the sound of this.

Kroy looked unblockable last night! I'm excited to see what he can bring to the table on a week-to-week basis since he'll be more well-rested as our #3 option.

I do expect him to play a significant amount of snaps in short yardage situations, because he's better than Abraham against the run. Of the three, Edwards will probably be on the field the most because he's extremely well-balanced.