James Sanders

dcfalcons

First off, I like the signing. We absolutely needed depth at the safety position. However, I didn't see this posted here, but maybe I'm a little late. Found this on kffl.com:

Atlanta Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said FS James Sanders will be competing for one of the starting safety jobs during the remainder of the preseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=5#ixzz1Wjvrci3U

DeCoud has been getting lit in preseason. He had some issues last year too. Look at the coaches talking to him on the bench after he blew that TD to Brown. It didn't look good. I believe Sanders will take his job. Hayden should eventually get the nickel. It may take a month but it will happen. I wish TD would make these DB moves earlier in the offseason. :angry:

DeCoud has been getting lit in preseason. He had some issues last year too. Look at the coaches talking to him on the bench after he blew that TD to Brown. It didn't look good. I believe Sanders will take his job. Hayden should eventually get the nickel. It may take a month but it will happen. I wish TD would make these DB moves earlier in the offseason. :angry:

he couldn't have with sanders. sanders was just released by the pats (started for them in their week 3 preseason game) and hayden was holding out all that time to sign with a true contender. the bears, chiefs, redskins and vikings all made him offers, but i think he took less money to play here and have another shot at a ring. it also gives us some insurance should grimes try to leave this offseason. i think grimes is better, but we could always resign hayden who i don't think will cost as much (doesn't make as many plays).

they should be good to go by week 5 i would think, which is the first game i think we'll really need them.

First off, I like the signing. We absolutely needed depth at the safety position. However, I didn't see this posted here, but maybe I'm a little late. Found this on kffl.com:

Atlanta Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said FS James Sanders will be competing for one of the starting safety jobs during the remainder of the preseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=5#ixzz1Wjvrci3U

Translation: TD is trying to scare the **** out of DeCoud. Look for DeCoud to pick up the intensity.

he couldn't have with sanders. sanders was just released by the pats (started for them in their week 3 preseason game) and hayden was holding out all that time to sign with a true contender. the bears, chiefs, redskins and vikings all made him offers, but i think he took less money to play here and have another shot at a ring. it also gives us some insurance should grimes try to leave this offseason. i think grimes is better, but we could always resign hayden who i don't think will cost as much (doesn't make as many plays).they should be good to go by week 5 i would think, which is the first game i think we'll really need them.

Dude could have signed somebody right after the lockout. The last couple years he waited as well. The position was weak every time. Even in the previous season. Each time his acquisitions took several weeks to get ready. Why not fix that early in the offseason?

Dude could have signed somebody right after the lockout. The last couple years he waited as well. The position was weak every time. Even in the previous season. Each time his acquisitions took several weeks to get ready. Why not fix that early in the offseason?

but james sanders is obviously a better fit than anyone he could've gotten. if not he would've passed on him and signed a guy now. he has ties to TD from NE, he's the leader that we haven't had on defense since milloy, he's smart and he can also play both S positions.

i'm 100% with you on hayden. don't know why we didn't make a move for him sooner (been clamoring for him since we signed edwards). i'm willing to bet that he wanted a starting job with a contender but nobody came calling so he decided to take a lesser role, less money but still be on a championship caliber team.

i'm not so upset about it as i would've been the past few years. this team has been rock solid in the regular season the past few years, but we needed both of those guys in the playoffs. as long as they're healthy and contributing by mid november and into february we're good.