Please put George Lucas out of his misery.

No, he doesn't. 4 or so years ago, they released the original theatrical version on DVD. They couldn't have done that if the originals were destroyed...

It was in 2006, it was only available for 3 months as 'bonus' material, and they merely released the laser disc re-mastering - it was not contrived from the original prints. It's obvious as the 2006 release wasn't even in anamorphic widescreen.

It was in 2006, it was only available for 3 months as 'bonus' material, and they merely released the laser disc re-mastering - it was not contrived from the original prints. It's obvious as the 2006 release wasn't even in anamorphic widescreen.

That's true it was bonus material but it's still there. If I remember right, it did come from the original.

Here's the thing about the prequels IMO:

People remember watching the OT when they were a kid and I guess expected or wanted the same feeling when the PT came out. Problem is they had become adults and I don't care what you do or how you do it, you can't watch a movie through adult eyes and get kid feelings. (aka Waterworld: You can't piss into a Mr. Coffee and expect to get Taster's Choice)

Here's the thing about the prequels IMO:

People remember watching the OT when they were a kid and I guess expected or wanted the same feeling when the PT came out. Problem is they had become adults and I don't care what you do or how you do it, you can't watch a movie through adult eyes and get kid feelings. (aka Waterworld: You can't piss into a Mr. Coffee and expect to get Taster's Choice)

I was nine years old when the Phantom Menace came out and it was still crap.

At Dragoncon they had Dragoncon TV where they made a joke about that, that he pretty much used up that word. Why Voldemort had to use the word, Nyahhhhhh. You had to see it, sure they will have it on dragoncon TV if you look it up soon.

But you look at Lucas, last year they had Mark Hammill come to a 5th year Anniversary addition celebreation Con of Star wars in Orlando, anyway, Mark Hammill was charging 125$ for a autograph. If you look at what they made for those films they had to be pizzed, I heard like 100K because looking at people like Daniel Radcliffe, what he made off of Harry Potter and he was a total Unknown too. I was just at Dragoncon and they had Carrie Fisher there and she charged like 50$ for her autograph.

But Lucas got screwed himself if you look at his life, after he completed, the star wars 4 5 and 6. His wife divorced him and had been married to him like 20 years like from college. No Pre-nupts back then she got half, He was worth like 500 million at that point. He ended up giving her more money just to get control of all the companies he created like, skywalker sound, Industrial light and magic and all those. Thats probably why he has never gotten married again, enjoying a 250 million dollar screwing. :P

Also if you really want to laugh your azz off, look up the star wars holiday special I remeber seeing it, its the number one rated worst thing ever. Lucas said if he could get every copy of it smashed he would. Just read about it on Wiki and watch it you will die laughing its so bad. Carrier Fisher said at the Con she keeps a copy of it to drive away guests at parties when she wants them to leave. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo[