Missing In Action List

Tandy

Next week is the week before our first regular season games. Let's talk about some of our traditions and see which are coming back - and get some volunteers for the ones normally started by missing MB members:

1. Look-A-Like thread - this thread allows us to find look a likes for the players and coaches of the team we are facing. Usually started by Vicious on Wednesday of each week. Vicious? Are you around? If not - anyone want to volunteer to keep this going?

2. Falco funnies - this thread usually comes up on Friday and can be done by no one other than Superfan, sometimes accompanied by Gritz.

3. NFC South picks - this thread usually comes up at the beginning of the week before the games are played. This thread is by Finally and he lets us pick the winners of the NFC South games. He normally offers a prize at the end of the year for the most right guesses - but even if he didn't - this is a great thread and fun to compete in - win or lose! Last year, we had a Bucs fan start a similar thread that had the entire NFC South competing against each other in the same type contest - also great fun - and it would be nice if he comes back.

4. Emmit - the one and only prognosticator. I don't know if he'll be back - I truly hope so because I need to laugh until I cry at least one time a week - keeps me healthy! If Emmit doesn't make it back this year - I hope one of you talented comics come up with something to make us wash our tear ducts out at least one time a week! Volunteers?

5. The cursing thread. We had a Philly Falcon fan who started this thread each week before the game. While there was no real cursing - the comic cursing was actually quite funny to read - we have some people on this board with great imagination - this thread should come back in some form. Volunteers?

6. Hick'ry Stick Award - won't start until after the game - but this thread allows us to vote on the player that we felt brought the wood to the game on game day. At the end of the quarter - the player with the most votes is actually awarded a Hick'ry stick along with an amazing certificate drawn by Superfan. This is a great tradition - let's keep it going this year!

7. Watcha' Got - this thread is usually started by a random member asking for our predictions for the upcoming game. I don't foresee this going anywhere.

Am I missing anything? Bring it on!

Go Falcons - RISE UP!!!!!

Let me add some of the regulars I left off:

8. Revs thoughts on the game ...... pretty sure that one is a lock

9. The Good/Bad/Ugly by FFS70 - always a great breakdown of the game

10. Explosive plays breakdown by game - FFS70 did this for preseason - hopefully he carries it on during the regular season - breaking down plays of 20 yards or greater by our team vs. opposition and player responsible either way. Nice gauge!

11. Receiver Breakdown - I do this after the games - breaking down the numbers by reciever (not position but actual receptions). I usually include the number of seconds til pass - to help gauge our pass protection and the impact it has on the receivers numbers.

12. YAC/YIA breakdown - I do this as well - breaking down the YAC by team by completion and ranking. Hopefully, we move up the list this year!

13. 3am club - Jedi Falcon - at 3am the day of a game - message boarders get together to start the pep ralley (and talk about many, many things!)

Next week is the week before our first regular season games. Let's talk about some of our traditions and see which are coming back - and get some volunteers for the ones normally started by missing MB members:

1. Look-A-Like thread - this thread allows us to find look a likes for the players and coaches of the team we are facing. Usually started by Vicious on Wednesday of each week. Vicious? Are you around? If not - anyone want to volunteer to keep this going?

2. Falco funnies - this thread usually comes up on Friday and can be done by no one other than Superfan, sometimes accompanied by Gritz.

3. NFC South picks - this thread usually comes up at the beginning of the week before the games are played. This thread is by Finally and he lets us pick the winners of the NFC South games. He normally offers a prize at the end of the year for the most right guesses - but even if he didn't - this is a great thread and fun to compete in - win or lose! Last year, we had a Bucs fan start a similar thread that had the entire NFC South competing against each other in the same type contest - also great fun - and it would be nice if he comes back.

4. Emmit - the one and only prognosticator. I don't know if he'll be back - I truly hope so because I need to laugh until I cry at least one time a week - keeps me healthy! If Emmit doesn't make it back this year - I hope one of you talented comics come up with something to make us wash our tear ducts out at least one time a week! Volunteers?

5. The cursing thread. We had a Philly Falcon fan who started this thread each week before the game. While there was no real cursing - the comic cursing was actually quite funny to read - we have some people on this board with great imagination - this thread should come back in some form. Volunteers?

6. Hick'ry Stick Award - won't start until after the game - but this thread allows us to vote on the player that we felt brought the wood to the game on game day. At the end of the quarter - the player with the most votes is actually awarded a Hick'ry stick along with an amazing certificate drawn by Superfan. This is a great tradition - let's keep it going this year!

7. Watcha' Got - this thread is usually started by a random member asking for our predictions for the upcoming game. I don't foresee this going anywhere.

Am I missing anything? Bring it on!

Go Falcons - RISE UP!!!!!

I'd feel better if we could have the supreme being lay his hands on Abe's groin again.

8. The newbie that adds up Emmit's TDs.

9. Rev's thoughts of the game.

10. The ever-important power rankings

Am I a tradition now? Are you going to help me host #3 this year?

8. Yeah - that whole thread is always a hoot - including the guys who go - WTF????

9. Oh, I'm not worried about that one - Rev always comes through - he hasn't gone anywhere.

10. Including Power Ranger pictures!

Yes, you are and yes, I will - just let me know what you want me to do.

8. Yeah - that whole thread is always a hoot - including the guys who go - WTF????

9. Oh, I'm not worried about that one - Rev always comes through - he hasn't gone anywhere.

10. Including Power Ranger pictures!

Yes, you are and yes, I will - just let me know what you want me to do.

If you can just take in on a few weeks here and there it will help. I have your email address so I can just send you the spreadsheet as needed. Last year it worked much better (for me) so I think I will stick to the same rules and system including the PTNS results thread as opposed to posting the results in the current week's thread.

If you can just take in on a few weeks here and there it will help. I have your email address so I can just send you the spreadsheet as needed. Last year it worked much better (for me) so I think I will stick to the same rules and system including the PTNS results thread as opposed to posting the results in the current week's thread.

Not a problem.

Am I missing anything?

I think you should revitalize the "Number of Seconds to Pass" series.

Also, I will continue the "Good, Bad and Ugly" series published a couple days after each game.

I am also considering a new series called "Explosive Play Ratio" to be published a couple days after each game.

What about a "Where Are They Now" series that tracks stats of ex-Falcons like Brooking, Vick, Jenk Man, Coleman, Dahl, Foxworth, BWill, Wildwood, Crisp Houston, Laurent, Boley, Demarrio, Busterson, etc. That could be interesting. Not necessarily TATF but TATEF.