9/11 coloring book criticized for depiction of Muslims

God help the child that believes any of the crap written on that page.....the last two paragraphs specifically are a load of bollocks really.

I dont see an issue with the violence portrayed though. We already give our young boys cowboy and soldier toys where they can pretend to kill things with these men. We have toy guns and others so they can pretend to even kill each other.

The music we market towards them(CRAP) objectifies an entire group of women while desensitizing them to violence against African men.

I get up at 4 in the morning and play Call of Duty Black ops, and I am appalled by the number of kids I run into. These arent teens, these are little young kids whose voices have not even dropped yet.

We sell violence to our kids to make money, and then turn around and act shocked when they turn into sociopaths!

It is TRUTH! We are FREE! If we were not a free people, you yourself would not be here because you would have been deported for some of the crap that you spew....but.....because we are free and have freedom of speach / religion you are still here

Edited by falconmaniac

It is TRUTH! We are FREE! If we were not a free people, you yourself would not be here because you would have been deported for some of the crap that you spew....but.....because we are free and have freedom of speach / religion you are still here

How are we free when I cant even legally go to Cuba(Which my Canadian relatives could easily do if they wished to?)

And the only reason I am here is because you guys havent paid one of your slaves to make a rap song about killing ethiopians yet, which currently has me riding under the radar. I fully expect that to come when the education system is fixed enough to where students can be bothered to see a map of Africa.

Let me start off by saying that I can't stand the spread of Islam. I'm sick of politicians proclaiming that Islam is a religion of peace. Its not. Militant muslims (and note that I don't use the word 'terrorists'... there's a difference) do indeed hate us because they see Americans as one collective society, and it is one that does not follow their morality of death. I consider "morality of death" to be any morality that holds that it is evil for man to use his mind. Islam (and yes, Christianity) holds that technological progress and the creation of wealth are evil.

All that said, I would never give my son that abomination to color or even to read. Its pure propaganda. Without seeing the rest of the book, after reading the last two paragraphs, I WISH I could say it was true, but it is not. We are not free to determine our own fates unless one or more other people find that it fits within their approval. Now that is exactly what I define as immoral.

And if for no other reason, this as a coloring book serves absolutely no purpose. The purpose of a coloring book would be to help guide a child to creating art. I'm of the opinion that free art creation should be encouraged, rather than filling in the pre-drawn lines of a coloring book. Its like asking another person to think for you. Even if I were to give my son this as a coloring book, why would I want him coloring something so ghastly as the death of a man, regardless of the fact that the man in question deserved to die horrifically.

edit: grammar fix

Edited by Self Made Soul

Ugh. That's such an awful sentiment. There are over 1 billion Muslims in the world. Most of them just want to live their lives and don't care about you or America or any of that political nonsense. You're jusr reacting to American sensationalism.

I clearly see the definition of "Militant Islam" to be the portion of Muslims who believe in using military force to spread their morality of death. Yes, that definition does include civilians.

'I can't stand the spread of Islam'. Your words, not mine.

I don't believe that we should be at war with Islam, I believe we should be at war with militant Islam.

I can't stand the spread of the religion of Islam at all, just as I'm saddened by the spread of any mysticism.

One of these statements means that I am in support of the use of force to respond to force initiated by imams. One of these statements means that I am saddened by the loss of life that I see, but that by no means merits my endorsement of the use of force.

I can see the next coloring book from this wacko titled Border Wars. It will have kids coloring "Pedro" and his wife "Maria" as they, packed with cocaine, climb over the fence that separates Mexico from the USA. Kids while coloring will be hating that rascal Mexican "Pedro" as he have old west shootouts with DEA and Border agents. What color will the children use as they color "Maria" as she is in the hospital giving birth with no insurance and demanding that her child be registered as an US citizen? The last page of the coloring book will have Obama grabbing a fistful of "Pedro" money while both are pizzing on the US Constitution.

I see our "favorite" poster Steve Bartkowski preordering 12 copies already.

Edited by pdawg29

What about the spread of peaceful Islam? Does that upset you?

Because most members of any religious faith are peaceful.

So I thought about this on my drive home from work today, and here's what I think. As always, I want people to pursue their values and not initiate force against other people.

I consider most philosophies, and just about every religion that I've come across, to be "closed". Closed meaning that they are a complete system and they do not leave themselves open to change. You can practice a peaceful Islam, meaning that you pray to Mecca, don't eat pork, etc... but I don't think that you can truly call it Islam. It would have to be something along the lines of "New Islam" or "Islam Light" (joking). If you follow the morality of the Quran, then you must participate in, or at the very least advocate, the murder of homosexuals, adulterers, or converts. It is very, very fortunate for Muslims and the people who live around them that the vast majority of Muslims are not, in fact, good Muslims.

The same holds true for Christianity. If every Christian in the US woke up tomorrow and decided to dedicate their lives to following the Sermon on the Mount, we would quickly find ourselves starving to death and probably enslaved to a foreign power.

So here is my answer... if someone truly values activities like eating kosher, praying towards Mecca, etc and they want to practice it, then I understand it and that doesn't sadden me. If they are doing so because they think they are supposed to do so, then I wish better for them... that they would think more rationally.

If someone is pressing others into Islam, or is incorporating the morality of the Quran into laws, then I have a serious problem with them. They are initiating force to take away the rights of other human beings. I do not consider Islamic States to hold any sovereignty for this reason... in initiating force irrationally against their own people, those despots voided their rights. In the proper circumstances, I would be willing to personally use force to prevent a person from being forced into Islam against their will.

So for the peaceful practitioners, I would encourage them to write their own Quran, and discard the evil one. The likely reason that this has never happened is that it would mean certain death at the hands of despots and murderous imams. But nonetheless, they have my respect, for what that's worth. Interesting note, I have a friend from a Pakistani family who is a peaceful practitioner of Islam. He's a guitar player in a local rock band, used to play football in College, and he treats his non-religious wife with respect and dignity. He pursues his values, and he doesn't follow the morality of death. That is why he is my friend.

edited for grammar

Edited by Self Made Soul

Thoughtful.

I think everyone writes their own Koran, Bible, etc. in that they all interpret the scripture differently, and thus practice differently. That they come together over the content of the scripture and the manner in which they celebrate does not invalidate the fact that every single person on this Earth is celebrating a different set of beliefs and values.

That's why I take issue with any sort of 'X religion believes Y' sort of statement. Because the fact is that there are as many different versions of Islam as there are Muslims.