Not sold on weems at wr

Is weems the #4 wr on the team? If so, I'm not a big fan of that. I love his versatility on ST, but id rather see Meier out there when they go w 4wr.

Think they'll use both depending on the team we play.

But, I agree, our 4 and 5 receivers are not a strength right now. I really expected we would keep or acquire a vet (Jericho Cotchery type) to be the 4 receiver and backup outside receiver in case anyone gets injured.

We'll just have to keep building that positional group.

To be honest with you. I'm more comfortable with Weems at #4 than Meier. I just haven't seen enough from Meier, but every time I see Weems he's making a catch (During preseason)....Maybe it's just me.

I dont have any thing against Weems, he's got he77a skills. I understand why your iffy about Meier but he's been hurt and really hasn't played much. I seen Meier play in college and that kid has mad hands and sleeper speed!!!

Man Weems is a definite player @ wr... Everytime I have seen him on the field he looks good unless its a bad throw... He is a good receiver to me and would like to see more of him on the field especially in 4wr sets...

^^This^^

Weems has literally given people nothing to doubt him about...

He has safe hands... Once he has the ball in hand we know he is dangerous...

In 4WR sets if he gets the catch with some room it could be 6 just like HD...

I want Weems at #4 WR

Weems has good Vision, and I haven't seen him drop a pass.. ever.

Because he hasn't in the regular season. He's caught the ball EVERY time it was thrown to him. I don't mean no drops, I mean if he was targeted, he caught it. I'd love to see Weems get more opportunity to play, just not because of injuries.

But, I agree, our 4 and 5 receivers are not a strength right now. I really expected we would keep or acquire a vet (Jericho Cotchery type) to be the 4 receiver and backup outside receiver in case anyone gets injured.

Really? This is as comfortable with a receving corp from top to bottom as I've ever been.

I did not check the entire league but in the NFC South Weems was the best #5 WR of the 4 teams.

Check his numbers they are very few but he was ahead of the others.

#4 -#5 WRs do not get many chances

Weems is fast Meier is a possession receiver that will help dictate when each is used

Edited by delaigle

You need to look up the numbers on other #4 #5 WRs I feel good that Meier and Weems are competitive with other #4 #5 WRs at least in the NFC south.

Is weems the #4 wr on the team? If so, I'm not a big fan of that. I love his versatility on ST, but id rather see Meier out there when they go w 4wr.

I know that he hasn't been targeted much - mostly because he was being utilized in the return game so much - but in regular season - since 2008 - he is 100%.

He has caught every pass thrown his way.

I've been sold on Weems since at least 2009.

Outside of Ryan and Abe? Probably my favorite Falcon.

Underdog from a Div 2 school. UDFA like Jesse Tuggle.

From Smitty's hometown. Smitty's known him since he was a high school QB/WR in the Daytona area.

Quick, strong and fast. Aint really scared of anybody on the pro level.

Special teams demon on either side of the ball. Can return a kick or punt then throw Reggie Bush on his head.

Caught every pass thrown to him.

Made plenty NFL plays.

Why people still doubt the man I have no idea.

Dude is explosive.