Re: John Gruden - ESPN Sports Center

Just saw him ....he was all gaga abt Aints ...as usual.

He was smitten by the picks they made offseason......& said they will surely get more then 10 wins & go all the way.

For Atlanta - he said only one thing ...Julio Jones was ok pick & he had NO confidence in Atlanta's D & predicted they will get less then 10 wins this year.

I fail to understand how this clown is soo oblivious to 'facts' & "progress" our team has made in past 3 years. He has NO effin clue what we are about to this year.

Your comments are welcome....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST OF ALL THIS DUDE WON A SUPER BOWL OFF A TEAM THAT TONY DUNGY BUILT IN TAMPA BAY SO HIS SUPER BOWL TO ME WAS HANDED TO HIM.AS YOU CAN SEE HE HAS NOT BEEN GETTING MANY COACHING OFFERS LATELY AND ONLY WISHES HE HAD THE PLEASURE OF COACHING THE FALCONS.SO I WILL NOT BE TUNING IN MUCH OF AN EAR TO WHAT HE HAS TO SAY ABOUT MY FALCONS.

I always like Gruden as a commentator. However, I think he lost his dam* mind when he did that Falcon vs Saints monday night game. He was all over the Saints nutz like a rabid dog. I think that's where he made the switch. I think in that game made a comment about Brees being so great even when making an incomplete throw.

But he is entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong he may be. :lol:

I always like Gruden as a commentator. However, I think he lost his dam* mind when he did that Falcon vs Saints monday night game. He was all over the Saints nutz like a rabid dog. I think that's where he made the switch. I think in that game made a comment about Brees being so great even when making an incomplete throw.

Its funny how he selectively chooses NOT to address key talents of falcons or undermine at will.

NO mention about Ray Edwards, Quizz Rodgers.

NO mention about how this ball club is more or less kept the same starters , close knit & has high chemistry which is ofcourse, a MAJOR contributing factor to go all the way.

Do we play the Saints on Monday Night again? I can't take hearing Gruden's man crush on Brees for another game.

Do we play the Saints on Monday Night again? I can't take hearing Gruden's man crush on Brees for another game.

:lol: True. I hope not, at least I hope Gruden is nowhere near the game if we do. Gruden is normally under control when commentating, but that man crush on Brees was totally sickening.

Yeah dudes not big on Julio i remember the night we drafted him all he did was talk about his drops like Julio was the next Darius Heyward Bay. I give 2 ish and a champagne bottle about what John Gruden thinks the same guy that said Tim Tebow and Andy Daltons would be great NFL QBS. As far as im concern Chucky can go to ****. The saints may not make it pass the bucs.

He was smitten by the picks they made offseason......& said they will surely get more then 10 wins & go all the way.

For Atlanta - he said only one thing ...Julio Jones was ok pick & he had NO confidence in Atlanta's D & predicted they will get less then 10 wins this year.

I fail to understand how this clown is soo oblivious to 'facts' & "progress" our team has made in past 3 years. He has NO effin clue what we are about to this year.

We don't know what we're about this year either, even we're speculating on what we hope the team will do. Gruden has a bunker down in Florida where he regularly watches game tapes during the season and with NFL and college head coaches during the offseason, he even broke down his game film watching in the bunker on Rich Eisen's podcast and you'd be surprised how much he knows through watching film. He's watched more game tape than us. However, letting someone who has the nerve to pick someone else to do better get to you is a waste of time.

He and Sean Payton are good friends. He gave Sean Payton his first NFL job back in Philly. So he's going to be a bit of a homer here. However, he picked the Saints in 2009 and I think even in 2010 as well. 1/2 so far. Not bad odds considering most analysts.

Its funny how he selectively chooses NOT to address key talents of falcons or undermine at will.

NO mention about how this ball club is more or less kept the same starters , close knit & has high chemistry which is ofcourse, a MAJOR contributing factor to go all the way.

Well no one is going to comment on a 5th round pick until they actually do something in a real game. And Ray Edwards has been considered an adequate player but nothing special. Possible he could become a special player with Atlanta, but he's playing in a very similar system and has less talent on the DLine next to him than he's had the last few years.

Saints and Falcons play on Monday Night pretty much every year... it's the last MNF game of the season again this year.

We are in a very tough division, and I can see where he is coming from picking the Saints. I just dont think Brees is going to have a hard time picking apart our secondary.

Before he meets our secondary,

I see Ray Edwards getting a "superman" sack on him very easily........dont you?

NOT to mention Jerry, Babineaux, Biermann wont be watching him from sidelines.

Grimes is his worst NIGHTMARE.......this year D.ROB picks him multiple times...its inevitable!

ap-201108272107760774849.jpg

Quizz Rodgers and Julio Jones are rookies. Ray Edwards got tossed around and pancaked by a right tackle against the Steelers. It's on video. I saw it soemwhere. ^_^

Gruden also picked the Saints to win it all in '09.

Ya, he said we would have less then 10 wins, and the Panthers would have more than 5!!!! that made me "lol."