Fantasy Football

GENERALZOD

A few of the picks I managed to land in a fantasy football league were Falcons.

I got Matt Ryan, Harry Douglass, Julio Jones, and managed to land the Falcons defense.

Amd I doomed? Or should I expect hope?

I've played fantasy football for the last 3 years or so, and I know going with your heart can make you lose a lot of the times because it has a lot to do with individual achievements and not how a team does. I have a few other players in my lineup, just thought I would mention the Falcons I managed to land.

BTW: I got Adam Vin. as my kicker. Am I doomed or does history still remain to be written where Fantasy Foosball goes?

HAHAHA, It's a Falcons friends league BTW, I have this glooming feeling that I'm going to get my butt kicked by these awesome players who probably know more than me.

We shall see, it's going to be fun as heck and I am dang appreciative to be a part of this league.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But also : GO FALCONS DEFENSE AND HARRY DOUGLASS AND MATT RYAN AND JULIO JONES!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts? Did going with my heart and feelings doom me?

12 team Standard League 10th pick snake draft

Tom Brady-QB

Blount, LeGarrette RB

McFadden, Darren RB

Boldin, Anquan WR

Moss, Santana WR

Williams, Mike WR

Lewis, Marcedes TE

Longwell, Ryan K MIN

Vikings DST

Jackson, Fred RB

Jones, Felix RB

McGahee, Willis

Brown, Antonio WR

Burleson, Nate WR

Overall I like my draft , I went RB heavy just incase injurie strikesand My WR's arent too bad either , I think Burleson and Brown could come up big. Also Felix Jones lasted till the 8th round I had to take him. please give me honest feedback . I went Mcfadden 10th then Brady ,then Blont

Has anyone ever tried an auction league? If you do you'll never go back to just drafting snake

I sat in on an OLD rotisserie baseball auction league and drafted for a friend a couple years ago. It was kinda intimidating, to be honest. I just wasn't accustomed to how it worked or what kind of prices were appropriate (but I picked it up pretty quickly). Dude was actually sorta pissed with me because I apparently overspent on a couple picks (a late/cheap couple of which I did on purpose just to F with him LOL).

I prefer drafting anew every year, but I definitely see the merits and added strategy value/fun of an auction league. For an established league with a lot of multi-year deals, though, it sucks to bring in new owners/teams as I understand... hard to be fair while keeping everyone happy.

EDIT: I realize you can do an auction without multi-year deals, but my only experience was with a league that allowed you to option players for a couple years.

Edited by IronBallsMcGinty

I sat in on an OLD rotisserie baseball auction league and drafted for a friend a couple years ago. It was kinda intimidating, to be honest. I just wasn't accustomed to how it worked or what kind of prices were appropriate (but I picked it up pretty quickly). Dude was actually sorta pissed with me because I apparently overspent on a couple picks (a late/cheap couple of which I did on purpose just to F with him LOL).

I prefer drafting anew every year, but I definitely see the merits and added strategy value/fun of an auction league. For an established league with a lot of multi-year deals, though, it sucks to bring in new owners/teams as I understand... hard to be fair while keeping everyone happy.

EDIT: I realize you can do an auction without multi-year deals, but my only experience was with a league that allowed you to option players for a couple years.

Nah we start fresh every year...i can't stand the keeper leagues...I like that fact that if you want someone on your team you CAN get them

I never pick Falcons on my fantasy team. I don't want to care how the offense scores. I just want them to score.

Honestly, I've been playing fantasy football for the last 3 going on 4 years now, the only league I won was a league where I didn't set my lineup and something happened at the time and I couldn't make the live draft so the players that got picked were just in the top 50-100. I didn't think I had a chance, but I won that league and that's the only one.

I know your shouldn't pick with your heart, I got a feeling about Harry Douglass and Julio, and unless there is some kind of injury I think Matt Ryan is going to be passing more. I went with the Falcons defense, I got a feeling they are going to be better. Aside from that, that's the only Falcons I had a choice to put on my fantasy team.

I learned last year, I do have a backup plan, when you get to the bye week you'd better not be a homer because you'll be out of luck that week if you are, I have an alternate defense and QB and couple of WR's. It's all in good fun, and I guess that's all that matters.

A few of the picks I managed to land in a fantasy football league were Falcons.

I got Matt Ryan, Harry Douglass, Julio Jones, and managed to land the Falcons defense.

Amd I doomed? Or should I expect hope?

I've played fantasy football for the last 3 years or so, and I know going with your heart can make you lose a lot of the times because it has a lot to do with individual achievements and not how a team does. I have a few other players in my lineup, just thought I would mention the Falcons I managed to land.

BTW: I got Adam Vin. as my kicker. Am I doomed or does history still remain to be written where Fantasy Foosball goes?

HAHAHA, It's a Falcons friends league BTW, I have this glooming feeling that I'm going to get my butt kicked by these awesome players who probably know more than me.

We shall see, it's going to be fun as heck and I am dang appreciative to be a part of this league.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But also : GO FALCONS DEFENSE AND HARRY DOUGLASS AND MATT RYAN AND JULIO JONES!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts? Did going with my heart and feelings doom me?

I get the Falcons defense every year. Last year I had the Jets and the Falcons - and the Falcons netted me more when I played them the majority of the time.

I also got Julio, CJ and Roddy this year :) I'm loving that.

I got Brady and Bradford this year for QBs and I've been trying to trade Bradford for Ryan but so far no takers.

Last year I had Rivers and Ryan, Roddy and Jennings and Turner - won my league.

I get the Falcons defense every year. Last year I had the Jets and the Falcons - and the Falcons netted me more when I played them the majority of the time.

I also got Julio, CJ and Roddy this year :) I'm loving that.

I got Brady and Bradford this year for QBs and I've been trying to trade Bradford for Ryan but so far no takers.

Last year I had Rivers and Ryan, Roddy and Jennings and Turner - won my league.

I have Brady in another league, the league I am speaking of I took a chance and picked the browns defense. I know preseason means nothing but what little I've saw of them they seem to be a pretty good team on defense.

I secured Adam V. from the colts as my kicker, I think that was a smart move because I feel the colts will be kicking a lot. Should be an interesting fantasy football year. LOL, I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that the only time I have ever won a league in the last 3-4 years was when I missed the draft and didn't have my lineup set and it was picked for me automatically, that's just crazy, I guess some of those projections for players toward the top might be right.

Edited by GAFALCONFAN