James Sanders scheduled to meet with us tomorrow

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the speculation...he started on a super bowl team decoud barely started here his second year and ill take the high praise that belichick gives him any day of the week that means a lot coming from him

that doesn't mean he will come in and start... some ppl must think the guy is going to come in and UP AND KNO THE SYSTEM!!! wow.. he gots to learn the system then he gotta show he can even out ply decoud.. by the time he knows the system half the year could be over.. then there's no point in putting a new S in the back with all thoes call they gotta make, that could mess up chemistry with our back end... more then likely he is just depth until we get him up to speed... so ppl please calm your nerves...

that doesn't mean he will come in and start... some ppl must think the guy is going to come in and UP AND KNO THE SYSTEM!!! wow.. he gots to learn the system then he gotta show he can even out ply decoud.. by the time he knows the system half the year could be over.. then there's no point in putting a new S in the back with all thoes call they gotta make, that could mess up chemistry with our back end... more then likely he is just depth until we get him up to speed... so ppl please calm your nerves...

It's not really about "taking DeCouds spot", that's not even in question.

It's about having more experienced DBs against this pAss HaPpY schedule we face.

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

It's not really about "taking DeCouds spot", that's not even in question.

It's about having more experienced DBs against this pAss HaPpY schedule we face.

if its not about taking anyone spot then how do u expect him to get on the field???? he would have to take someone... and plus we dnt even kno if he can play nikle to assume such a thing... PLUS like i said he has to lar a whole new scheme...

if its not about taking anyone spot then how do u expect him to get on the field???? he would have to take someone... and plus we dnt even kno if he can play nikle to assume such a thing... PLUS like i said he has to lar a whole new scheme...

Initially he'll take either Shann's or Bush's backup spot. That shouldn't be an issue.

Who said he was playing nickel?

Exactly this why we should of kept Coleman. Still never got why we let him go.

Initially he'll take either Shann's or Bush's backup spot. That shouldn't be an issue.

Who said he was playing nickel?

wat i meant was that theres no reason to have experience if the person isnt on the field... its a mute point... theres only so much u can do on the sidelines.. and thats not much bnut watch and cheer... plus the guy was a starter and even belicheck said it himself, its not his performance but the fact they were going in a different direction..

so how do we kno he is willing to be a back up when he is only in his 6th season?

wat i meant was that theres no reason to have experience if the person isnt on the field... its a mute point... theres only so much u can do on the sidelines.. and thats not much bnut watch and cheer... plus the guy was a starter and even belicheck said it himself, its not his performance but the fact they were going in a different direction..

so how do we kno he is willing to be a back up when he is only in his 6th season?

'Initially' ... I started my post off with that word. If you sign this guy he will 'initially' be the backup, but he'll be pushing for a starting job. It would just be a matter of time.

A solid, veteran DB like this could do wonders for our shaky NB position.

'Initially' ... I started my post off with that word. If you sign this guy he will 'initially' be the backup, but he'll be pushing for a starting job. It would just be a matter of time.

Interesting comment. What wonders could he do for the "shaky" nb position. Which seems a little more stable than most on here think considering were talking to a safety and not a corner.

he plays s... wat kind of influence would he have on the NB... u just asked me who said anything about him playing NB so wat are u getting at?

I just checked the Pro Football Focus free 2008 stats. Erik Coleman graded out about -4 to -5 (from memory)... and Sanders graded out between a +3 and +4. Signing Sanders to a cheap deal would give us flexibility if Dimitroff chooses to re-sign DeCoud and prevents a hostage situation.

Just in case you weren't in the mood to do the research...

Bill Belichik:

"Not a lot of negatives with James," Belichick said. "But we have to select the players that we feel like are best for our team."

You do realize that every team runs a specific scheme, and that some players are a bad fit in one scheme and a good fit in another, don't you?

Seeing that TD drafted this guy in NE, I'd say that he is a bit more familiar with Sanders skill set than any one of us posting in this thread...

Besides.... The feeling I received reading that article was that he was being cut primarily due to his cap hit and a problematic hammy, NOT because he was deemed "not good enough."

I'll reserve judgment... However, TD has proven himself time and time again to be one of the better talent evaluators in the NFL... If he believes that Sanders can be a good fit in BVD's scheme, and if he believes that he can either provide and upgrade to the depth of our safety corps or even take over as starting FS (as apparently Sanders has been in NE for the past few years), I will trust TD's call on this.

And whether he is capable of surpassing DeCoud or simply providing depth, if TD thinks his presence can make the team better, I'm down with it.

Where is the speculation...he started on a super bowl team decoud barely started here his second year and ill take the high praise that belichick gives him any day of the week that means a lot coming from him

He also got cut from that same team... you seem to be missing that. Yeah, getting cut was a great way to show that HIGH praise. Ever hear the phrase "actions speak louder than words?"

How did DeCoud "barely" start? We cut Lawyer Milloy to end any and all speculation. :wacko:

EDIT: Let me rephrase: We decided against renewing his contract.

Edited by Kung-Pow

You do realize that every team runs a specific scheme, and that some players are a bad fit in one scheme and a good fit in another, don't you?

Seeing that TD drafted this guy in NE, I'd say that he is a bit more familiar with Sanders skill set than any one of us posting in this thread...

Besides.... The feeling I received reading that article was that he was being cut primarily due to his cap hit and a problematic hammy, NOT because he was deemed "not good enough."

I'll reserve judgment... However, TD has proven himself time and time again to be one of the better talent evaluators in the NFL... If he believes that Sanders can be a good fit in BVD's scheme, and if he believes that he can either provide and upgrade to the depth of our safety corps or even take over as starting FS (as apparently Sanders has been in NE for the past few years), I will trust TD's call on this.

And whether he is capable of surpassing DeCoud or simply providing depth, if TD thinks his presence can make the team better, I'm down with it.

So what you're saying is that he went from being a regular starter to "not a good fit" all of the sudden? :blink:

My point is, signing James Sanders is no-risk move that says "Hey, I'm familiar with this player... let's give him a shot to see if he can help us." If he does, great. Fantastic, even! But at this point, there's no reason to start making plans for a ticker-tape parade.