I have to admit this, kept it a secret for way too long

pdawg29

1982 in Chattanooga TN, just got home from church and my dad told me to come in the living room where he and my uncles were located. One of my uncles made a comment about if I would be playing football and I stated "what is that?" The men looked at each other disgusted and they told me to take a seat and that I wouldn't be going out to play that afternoon. Don't remember who the Falcons were playing but watching them play got me hooked on football and I wasn't concerned about the score or who won the game. Each Sunday after that I made it a point to get home to watch the Falcons play if they were on TV. Knew nothing about the Saints, Rams or 49ers but they played against my Falcons so they were to be hated. Got older, joined the military, was sent to Germany and got married yet I still followed the Falcons every year thinking this would be the year that they win it all.

Fast forward to now and I realized that punks like Aria7 and Ghost of Donkey(among others) would make it seem like a sin to be a homer for a team that has been through many hardships through the years. So today I will admit that I am a homer for the Atlanta Falcons and don't care how others feel about it. This website first started and many other homers like me had a place to cheer about our team even while they were losing but yet no Aria7 or Ghost of Donkey of the world were nowhere to be found. The team is a winner and now these trolls are here every hour of the day.

So in closing I was a homer when we were a loser, I am a homer as the team is winning and I will still be a homer when the Falcons win the Super Bowl this year or 20 years from now. And yes I will call you out if the only time you post it is to ridicule the team.

That is All!!!

Falcons homer since 1982 and damm proud of it!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*1 to you pdawg29. Neither you, me, nor any other fan on this board need to defend his/her homerism to ANY snot-nosed troll that crawls in to start a weak thread just to anger the membership.

I refuse to reply to their taunts, it just gives them the attention they crave. A child raised without love will turn anywhere they can to find attention. Sadly, many of them turn to this board. Negative attention is still attention...

Edited by Old fan

1982 in Chattanooga TN, just got home from church and my dad told me to come in the living room where he and my uncles were located. One of my uncles made a comment about if I would be playing football and I stated "what is that?" The men looked at each other disgusted and they told me to take a seat and that I wouldn't be going out to play that afternoon. Don't remember who the Falcons were playing but watching them play got me hooked on football and I wasn't concerned about the score or who won the game. Each Sunday after that I made it a point to get home to watch the Falcons play if they were on TV. Knew nothing about the Saints, Rams or 49ers but they played against my Falcons so they were to be hated. Got older, joined the military, was sent to Germany and got married yet I still followed the Falcons every year thinking this would be the year that they win it all.

Fast forward to now and I realized that punks like Aria7 and Ghost of Donkey(among others) would make it seem like a sin to be a homer for a team that has been through many hardships through the years. So today I will admit that I am a homer for the Atlanta Falcons and don't care how others feel about it. This website first started and many other homers like me had a place to cheer about our team even while they were losing but yet no Aria7 or Ghost of Donkey of the world were nowhere to be found. The team is a winner and now these trolls are here every hour of the day.

So in closing I was a homer when we were a loser, I am a homer as the team is winning and I will still be a homer when the Falcons win the Super Bowl this year or 20 years from now. And yes I will call you out if the only time you post it is to ridicule the team.

That is All!!!

You root for a team and that makes you proud? Man, no wonder your standards are so low.

When rooting for a team is a badge of honor you really know the ambition is seriously low. :lol: :blink:

Don't be silly. The proper way to watch football is to tear your hair out berating your fellow fans and players. Just watched your team's camp bodies blow an exhibition game? Take a realistic approach. It's as easy as LMAO WE SUCK. Every true fan knows its how you end a preseason is exactly how your going to be playing by week 15 or 16. :lol:

Sitting back and enjoying America's game on a Sunday afternoon. OH HOW DROLL :rolleyes:.

That is All!!!

Love it I'm much in the same boat on the other side of the world while other bandwagon jumpers jump on more popular teams I hae ever only supported the Falcons and always will I don't get discouraged by some of the above posters you mentioned because I'm all about the Falcons and while I can't call myself a homer I pretty close to the next best thing.

You root for a team and that makes you proud? Man, no wonder your standards are so low.

When rooting for a team is a badge of honor you really know the ambition is seriously low. :lol: :blink:

Whereas spouting bile and hatred to get a rise out of strangers on an internet message board is something to be really proud of.

Maybe if we all complain loud enough (make some signs) we can get TD to trade Matty Melt and Turner for Vick and Nnamdi. Seriously these guys suck, I know what I saw on TV and THIS IS A BAD FOOTBALL TEAM. What does Smitty know? HeII what does this Mularkey guy even know? He's been coaching what 20 years PLEASE. I'm 5 time champion of my Madden and Fantasy football dynasty, I could run the offense better.

Why do homers want to get married? Haven't they suffered enough?

My god what if they are allowed to adopt? Can you imagine such a world? Children would never be free to jump on the Colts, Yankees, Lakers bandwagons ever again. OH MY!!! :o

Cosign. It's shocking that being called homer would be a bad thing. Is it not AtlantaFalcons.com?

The entire issue with this Atlanta fan base is that there aren't enough homers.

You are right. We sucked for so long that we almost have a disassociative condition. Loving our team but in a way ashamed to love them because of our sad sack nature. It's a shame. The Smith's caused severe neuroses in Atlanta and it's fan base.

I. AM. A. HOMER! AND PROUD!