Why Must TV News Sensationalize Everything?

Nono

I am so tired of breaking news that isn't, dyer forecast that just fizzle, and reporters on the scene with news that is not important but is treated like world changing events.

The sports guy always rushes through their segment and the weather can be condensed to 2 minutes. What the temperature is now and what it will be tomorrow. If I need more then I will check a reliable source online.

Sigh---you would have thought Irene was going to wipe out New York City

Here is the Queen mother of all sensationalism 113.jpg

Edited by Nono

I am so tired of breaking news that isn't, dyer forecast that just fizzle, and reporters on the scene with news that is not important but is treated like world changing events.

The sports guy always rushes through their segment and the weather can be condensed to 2 minutes. What the temperature is now and what it will be tomorrow. If I need more then I will check a reliable source online.

Sigh---you would have Irene was going to wipe out New York City

New Yorkers will kick Irene back to where it came from, no matter how bad it is or what damage it does. . Different than the whiney New Orleans leeches that milked the government for 5 years now.

Sigh---you would have thought Irene was going to wipe out New York City

For ratings and $$$'s.

Ratings. More people will watch if their news is sensationalized. Then the sponsors will spend more on advertising. Profits are made, world keeps on spinnin'. BTW, I can not STAND Nancy Waste!! Probably my lest favorite media personality out there. What an effing beeiznitch.

As we've seen with the success of reality TV, people like to debase themselves in public and others like to watch them do it. The formula of appealing to the lowest common denominator has been adapted by news broadcasters, who find themselves having to compete harder for viewers in the iphone/ipad era.

thats true I hadn't thought of that---probably why the Jerry Springer show is so popular