Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHEC

Vick turned white

304 posts in this topic

What if Mike Vick was white! and did the exact same thing and went to jail and came back... Wonder if all who are supporting him right now would be supporting the white Vick? Id say 90% of them NO!!!

Dogs are put down all the time and its done humanly as possible. Shooting them when they are beyond healing or recovery is considered humane. I hunt but I do eat what I kill, mind you i dont knee cap a deer then go to it and torturer it. so the difference between Hunting and torturing and killing and animal is just that. Maybe your culture brought you up differently than I was but most people respect animals and yes even the hunters, where as someone who trains dogs for years on smaller dogs use rape stand and when the dog is injured tortures it obviously doesnt respect animals or themselves for that matter.

This thread is what if Mike Vick was White. So....

Yeah, I guess you're right. White athletes never get called on the carpet for their out of wedlock children:

garvey.jpg

clemensw.jpg

Guys just gettin' free passes left and right........ :lol: :lol:

Facts are a wonderful thing...... :lol:

This thread is what if Mike Vick was White. So....

I am aware, would you support the white vick for the same actions as the black vick?

clemensw.jpg

Guys just gettin' free passes left and right........ :lol: :lol:

Roger Clemens is committing adultery. I don't know one man who gets praised for cheating on his spouse.

I hope no one kill something and laughs about it. That's psychotic. But either way, killing of any animal for fun and leisure is no better than animal fighting.

wow nobodys killing u for stating an opinion and now people are willing to discuss hunting before i was stupid and dumb. hmmmmmmmmmmm

I agree. If it's not for meat to eat there's no point in killing the animal at all or placing Deer heads on the wall.

Agreed. I will kill a goat to eat. Not just cause I am bored on a Saturday afternoon.

Hence prison time.

Yep. That's not why I'm pointing it out though. I'm making the point for the people who want to compare what Vick did to hunting, and then act like what he did wasn't a big deal because, "it was just dogs."

Roger Clemens is committing adultery. I don't know one man who gets praised for cheating on his spouse.

You conveniently ignored Steve Garvey. Find me one cartoon, t-shirt or any other product making fun of a minority athlete having children out of wedlock.

I'll wait.

You conveniently ignored Steve Garvey. Find me one cartoon, t-shirt or any other product making fun of a minority athlete having children out of wedlock.

I'll wait.

I don't know who Steve Garvey is. So why would I reference someone I don't even know?

Tell you what - in my culture hunting is commonplace. If they outlaw hunting and I nevertheless coordinate a multi-state bird smuggling ring and get together with others in 5 states and make bets on who shoots the birds and who misses, and my cousin gives them my home address when he was caught with meth on him ... so they get a warrant and find a bunch of dead birds and live birds in pens, and money and guns, - oh and then get my cousin and some others to confess they've been running this operation with me, will I go to jail?

Hint - the answer is yes.

Nobody in America agrees with every law to which they are subject. We do not get to pick and choose our own legal code to follow. Some people are not real wild about the income tax laws (did someone just say paying taxes is a cultural thing?) Some people object to taxes being used to build nuclear weapons, others object to taxes being used to pay unemployment to someone on the 99th week of 'looking' for a job. Again, we don't get to pick and choose - we follow the law or we go to jail.

Finally likes this

I don't know who Steve Garvey is. So why would I reference someone I don't even know?

Former Major League Baseball first baseman and current Southern California businessman. Garvey was the 1974 NL MVP, 10-time All-Star, and holds the National League record for consecutive games played (1,207).

Was kind of a big deal in his time....Also kinda screws up your theory.

Former Major League Baseball first baseman and current Southern California businessman. Garvey was the 1974 NL MVP, 10-time All-Star, and holds the National League record for consecutive games played (1,207).

Was kind of a big deal in his time....Also kinda screws up your theory.

Not everyone on here cares about some Baseball players from the 70's. Most of my Baseball knowledge is either new school or from 50's, 40's, 30's, and Negro Leagues. I didn't care about the 70's in Baseball like I didn't care about the 70's in Basketball. Just didn't appeal to me. So to your point? I didn't know Steve Garvey and no, it doesn't because how is it relevant to today's society? Tom Brady is today's society. Michael Vick is today's society. No one care is if Ed "Too Tall" Jones had ten kids in those times today. Most people never even heard of Ed "Too Tall" Jones.

Not everyone on here cares about some Baseball players from the 70's. Most of my Baseball knowledge is either new school or from 50's, 40's, 30's, and Negro Leagues. I didn't care about the 70's in Baseball like I didn't care about the 70's in Basketball. Just didn't appeal to me. So to your point? I didn't know Steve Garvey and no, it doesn't because how is it relevant to today's society? Tom Brady is today's society. Michael Vick is today's society. No one care is if Ed "Too Tall" Jones had ten kids in those times today. Most people never even heard of Ed "Too Tall" Jones.

Oh, okay, the today's society rule :rolleyes: .....Since African-Americans have made positive strides over the past several decades it would probably make sense then that a black man was even more likely to receive ridicule in the 1970's for aberrant behavior than he would today.....Wouldn't it?......and yet Steve Garvey took a beating for having children out of wedlock.....

Your argument doesn't hold up.

I think this thread sucks

It sucks because it exposes people's ignorance and lack of willingness to see things outside of their own minds and perception.

It sucks because it exposes people's ignorance and lack of willingness to see things outside of their own minds and perception.

WOW SAY IT AINT SO

I guess its ok to say that anything Vick is a bigger draw than any falcons talk on this board. It's crazy that one player is bigger than an entire franchise. That's sad.

Just thought I'd repost this sense this stupid thread is still going on.

So basically, no arguments, just tell everyone that they aren't "open-minded."

Sounds like a big bowl of weak sauce.

It surely does.