Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nereek

Vick turned white

304 posts in this topic

My opinion is my opinion and i stand by it. You apparently have a love for dogs i don't. I realize that his enterprise was wrong.

But you have to understand the culture of dog fighting and that many people don't place the value on dogs as you do.

Have you ever been to the zoo or aquarium. Do you feel the same passion towards the animals taken from their natural environment to be viewed and profited off. If u dont im sorry but you are no different than Vick.

If u think hunting down deer or any other animal and stuffing its carcus and placing it on a mantle is ok then u are no different.

And on a bigger scope if lie or commit any sin you are no better than Vick. My point is not to minimize what he actually did but to keep judging him for it is wrong.

I have seen the results of dogfighting up close. Have you?

So, I take it since you obviously don't care for animals the way I do that somehow makes it more palatable to you that Vick slammed a live dog down on concrete until it was dead?

That's not even about a love or non-love for animals. That shows a callousness and depravity towards life in general that's frightening.

Yeah, keep your opinion. You and I are done. We have nothing else to talk about.

If u think hunting down deer or any other animal and stuffing its carcus and placing it on a mantle is ok then u are no different.

And on a bigger scope if lie or commit any sin you are no better than Vick. My point is not to minimize what he actually did but to keep judging him for it is wrong.

Are you f'in kidding me with this utter BS?!?!?

The gulf that is the difference between organized dogfighting and hunting for sport is incredibly wide. No comparison can be made what so ever and if you actually believe that you're quite dense.

If you need me to go into these differences I will, but as most will tell you they are blatently OBVIOUS!

SMH

I don't know that many hunters that shoot a deer, nurse it back to health while it lives in pain and agony, then shoots it again for sport. He didn't just kill dogs in a gruesome fashion he TORTURED them while they lived and fought. There is a sickness in a soul that can't see how wrong that was/is.

FA91 and Goal Line D like this

The gulf that is the difference between organized dogfighting and hunting for sport is incredibly wide. No comparison can be made what so ever and if you actually believe that you're quite dense.

If you need me to go into these differences I will, but as most will tell you they are blatently OBVIOUS!

SMH

You can't try to engage in a discussion with people who are this clueless.

ZOSO62 likes this

....Would have been the same result (serious jail time) if it have been Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers or Tom Brady committing the same crimes......

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

And no it is not true.

Tell that people who are constantly harassed by the justice department. For somebody to question the severity of his punishment is very valid. I think that most people think those that evaluate situations to see if race is envolved don't realize they too experience it only a daily basis.

There definetly is double standard. And maybe you just can't see it cause your on the other side.

That pic of the white boy Vick is seriously funny. Go Whitey. Anyway what Big Ben did...RAPE...is many, many, many times worse, not even close.

SMH

please go into the differences of HUNTING FOR SPORT

Some of the posters that always say "Vick don't play for Falcons anymore, move on" are replying to this thread.

Wow, a supposed troll actually calling people out and telling it like it is. This is true. How hypocritical!!! LMAO, then they discuss sociology like they know what they're talking about because they took some courses in sociology.

The difference has already been pointed out to you, ******.

Big difference between hunting/killing and sadistically torturing for no reason other than to get your rocks off, which is what your boy Mike did.

Now...FFS.....LET THIS THREAD DIE.

This is somewhat off topic but why has America fallen in love with YKW after going to jail for a felony conviction, yet they all hate Lebron James after leaving Cleveland when his contract expired? <_<

\

Very good point and another prime example of the trifling hypocrisy and idiotic standards of many people.

That's not even about a love or non-love for animals. That shows a callousness and depravity towards life in general that's frightening.

And even worse he loved it so much that he kept doing it after he was a multi-millionare. It was his bleeping hobby!

Gritz was right. It's not worth it. The differences are completely obvious and if you can't see that then the discussion is dead.

And I'm not even a hunter BTW.

I'm sure there are posters around here that can give you a laundry list of the differences between legally hunting an animal and not wasting one scrap of it to that of the barbaric backwoods ritual that is illegal dogfighting.

guys... FFS just let this thread die...

Good advice...better ways to spend my time.

King Dre likes this

I guess its ok to say that anything Vick is a bigger draw than any falcons talk on this board. It's crazy that one player is bigger than an entire franchise. That's sad.

Enjoying the convo. Somebody explain Hunting/killing for sport i don't see much difference.

Ignoring points is what makes you a troll and why this is my last response to you. I don't know what you believe as far as karma/reap sowing etc. goes but I would drop this particular portion of your agenda if I were you. Nothing good can come of it.

....Would have been the same result (serious jail time) if it have been Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers or Tom Brady committing the same crimes......

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

I know I was joking lol.

People have no ******* idea what they're talking about half the time when they talk about the Michael Vick case. "2 YEARS IN PRISON 4 KILLIN DOGS MANG R U KIDDIN ME!?!"

His sentence had nothing to do with killing dogs, his sentence was for bankrolling an interstate gambling ring. The way he slaughtered animals was disgusting and sub-human, but it wasn't even factored into his sentencing.

Vick got off so ******* easy compared to regular guys who have been indicted on the same charges. I love when people say "The punishment didn't fit the crime!" I'm always like I completely agree, the punishment should have been a lot worse according to precedent.

It's amazing what you can get away with in this country if you have money.

FA91 likes this

Dogfighting happens everywhere. Vick did not invent the savage of a "sport" and neither did he innovate it or run the largest ring. It just so happens he is an athlete on the national scene who got caught. They jumped on the chance to make an example out of him. All of us probably live within a 25 mile radius of dogfighting practices right now. Crime happens everywhere: ghetto, slum, blueberry hill, Buckingham palace. It's around us all. From Wall Street to Main Street; from the corporate elite to the blue collar worker.

I know I was joking lol.

People have no ******* idea what they're talking about half the time when they talk about the Michael Vick case. "2 YEARS IN PRISON 4 KILLIN DOGS MANG R U KIDDIN ME!?!"

His sentence had nothing to do with killing dogs, his sentence was for bankrolling an interstate gambling ring. The way he slaughtered animals was disgusting and sub-human, but it wasn't even factored into his sentencing.

Vick got off so ******* easy compared to regular guys who have been indicted on the same charges. I love when people say "The punishment didn't fit the crime!" I'm always like I completely agree, the punishment should have been a lot worse according to precedent.

It's amazing what you can get away with in this country if you have money.

Best part of your post. I agree whole-heartedly.

Dogfighting happens everywhere. Vick did not invent the savage of a "sport" and neither did he innovate it or run the largest ring. It just so happens he is an athlete on the national scene who got caught. They jumped on the chance to make an example out of him. All of us probably live within a 25 mile radius of dogfighting practices right now. Crime happens everywhere: ghetto, slum, blueberry hill, Buckingham palace. It's around us all. From Wall Street to Main Street; from the corporate elite to the blue collar worker.

I completely agree with this. I also don't know what your point is. Are you defending criminal behavior because it happens everywhere?

Enjoying the convo. Somebody explain Hunting/killing for sport i don't see much difference.

One was made legal and ingrained in the psyche of the minds of our society as a moral, legal, and ethical OK thing to do; and, the other has been outlawed and recognized as a bigggg NO! NO! ;)