Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nereek

Vick turned white

304 posts in this topic

yall must not have any clue what it's like living in newport news. white kids ain't hanging out where vick was hangin out.

Some of the posters that always say "Vick don't play for Falcons anymore, move on" are replying to this thread.

If Vick was white, he wouldn't talk like this. And he wouldn't pronounce "th" as "ff"

FA91 likes this

Very disrespectful to generalize white people as being that light. He's basically whiter than the jersey and almost looks like a ginger. First the scumbag article on the Jays stealing signs, and now this...I'm not impressed with ESPN the Mag

Looks the same colour as that ***** in your avatar FWIW

You can the the Ron out of Mexico . buy you can never take the Mexico out of Ron.

this may be one of the worst sentences I've ever seen put together. it's makin my head hurt trying to read it.

Supes™ likes this

This is somewhat off topic but why has America fallen in love with YKW after going to jail for a felony conviction, yet they all hate Lebron James after leaving Cleveland when his contract expired? <_<

For many it may be hard to think that Vick was made an example of. Or to see that his penalty was much more harsh than his crime.Or to understand the rise to fame and the illusions that money can help create. Or the plight of a african (black dark african american ) trying to become a man in this country.And sorry there are many more pot holes for those growing in the inner cities its not just an excuse.

How people try and place certain downfalls as atrocities and glorify others is just as sad. Nobody feels bad for the Deer head that ends up viewed on the mantle. Or the animals caged in zoos or aquariums and theme parks around the world. No these are the places we take our children to. As if under any care a cage is a place for a Lion.

I agree 100% he made a bad decision. But hearing people say he isn't sorry for what he did or calling him stupid is not fair at all.

And as far as his play in Atlanta Nobody can deny that he turned this franchise around by himself. Somebody remind me what pick he was in the draft. Exactly he made the falcons relevant again.

He didnt study as hard and he admited it hiself. But i dont remember any receivers in place or OLINE that woulda allowed him the same success as he has had in Philly. I also dont remember anybody complaining whenever he decided to take off and run.

Why is that he all of sudden as most of u claim he has an arm and accuracy now. Is it the one year of serious studying or is the fact the the system in philly actually teaches their QBs and is designed for them to succeed.

I a was both upset and dissapointed to see Vick. It seems that alot of you guys are angry at the guy for his mistake and i just don't agree.

For many it may be hard to think that Vick was made an example of. Or to see that his penalty was much more harsh than his crime.Or to understand the rise to fame and the illusions that money can help create. Or the plight of a african (black dark african american ) trying to become a man in this country.And sorry there are many more pot holes for those growing in the inner cities its not just an excuse.

How people try and place certain downfalls as atrocities and glorify others is just as sad. Nobody feels bad for the Deer head that ends up viewed on the mantle. Or the animals caged in zoos or aquariums and theme parks around the world. No these are the places we take our children to. As if under any care a cage is a place for a Lion.

I agree 100% he made a bad decision. But hearing people say he isn't sorry for what he did or calling him stupid is not fair at all.

And as far as his play in Atlanta Nobody can deny that he turned this franchise around by himself. Somebody remind me what pick he was in the draft. Exactly he made the falcons relevant again.

He didnt study as hard and he admited it hiself. But i dont remember any receivers in place or OLINE that woulda allowed him the same success as he has had in Philly. I also dont remember anybody complaining whenever he decided to take off and run.

Why is that he all of sudden as most of u claim he has an arm and accuracy now. Is it the one year of serious studying or is the fact the the system in philly actually teaches their QBs and is designed for them to succeed.

I a was both upset and dissapointed to see Vick. It seems that alot of you guys are angry at the guy for his mistake and i just don't agree.

Sorry, but your post is basically garbage.....You talk about "a bad decision" and "his mistake" as if these were singular acts....like someone getting caught drunk driving one time.

His dogfighting enterprise was a lifestyle choice. He electrocuted live dogs. He took a live dog by the back legs and repeatedly slammed it against a concrete floor until it was dead.

I worked for veterinarians when I was in high school and college...part of the time in rural Tennessee....The vet I worked for helped break up and treated dogs that were part of a dogfighting enterprise run by rural whites....so it's not even close to being a racial matter with me. As an assistant in the vet clinic I helped nurse several of those dogs back to health....tubes for drainage all in their necks because that's where the other dogs latch onto......the dogs who made it that is.

It's a matter of depravity....and your tired, cliched allusion to hunting shows that you clearly don't understand what you're talking about.

Dayum. Terrible post by you.

this may be one of the worst sentences I've ever seen put together. it's makin my head hurt trying to read it.

Geez Beav, I did not start paint the Topic. ;)

Yeah he's much more likeable now. I can definitely watch him slaughter dogs. White power.

....Would have been the same result (serious jail time) if it have been Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers or Tom Brady committing the same crimes......

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

FA91, King Dre and Karst41 like this

Sorry, but your post is basically garbage.....You talk about "a bad decision" and "his mistake" as if these were singular acts....like someone getting caught drunk driving one time.

His dogfighting enterprise was a lifestyle choice. He electrocuted live dogs. He took a live dog by the back legs and repeatedly slammed it against a concrete floor until it was dead.

I worked for veterinarians when I was in high school and college...part of the time in rural Tennessee....The vet I worked for helped break up and treated dogs that were part of a dogfighting enterprise run by rural whites....so it's not even close to being a racial matter with me. As an assistant in the vet clinic I helped nurse several of those dogs back to health....tubes for drainage all in their necks because that's where the other dogs latch onto......the dogs who made it that is.

It's a matter of depravity....and your tired, cliched allusion to hunting shows that you clearly don't understand what you're talking about.

Dayum. Terrible post by you.

My opinion is my opinion and i stand by it. You apparently have a love for dogs i don't. I realize that his enterprise was wrong.

But you have to understand the culture of dog fighting and that many people don't place the value on dogs as you do.

Have you ever been to the zoo or aquarium. Do you feel the same passion towards the animals taken from their natural environment to be viewed and profited off. If u dont im sorry but you are no different than Vick.

If u think hunting down deer or any other animal and stuffing its carcus and placing it on a mantle is ok then u are no different.

And on a bigger scope if lie or commit any sin you are no better than Vick. My point is not to minimize what he actually did but to keep judging him for it is wrong.

....Would have been the same result (serious jail time) if it have been Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers or Tom Brady committing the same crimes......

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

And in the end it doesn't matter. No one put him in the position to be lienently or harshly judged except him. Did his celebrity make it worse? Could be. The government likes high profile cases like this because it shines the light on a heinous crime that, I for one, was not aware it was this commonplace. It also reminds criminals that are doing this crime that people do get caught and they do get punished.